Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
D RTK weak signal
14466 5 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaku
lvl.1

Netherlands

I was trying to fly Matrice 600 with D RTK unit and it could't take off because of the weak RTK signal. I have tried rebooting the system and increasing the distance between the base station and the UAV but with no luck. The environment I was trying to fly was also very open since that is the requirement for RTK signal to connect. Do you have any idea what else I can do to get strong RTK signal and to get my UAV flying? Thanks!

2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Have you downloaded the Assistant 2 software on your computer? Have you completed a firmware update as well as any calculations? If not, please consider these points.
2017-9-22
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Make sure both datalink pros are set to the right settings, only possible in dji assistant, and just try restarting the air module until it works.

Follow the instructions in in the manual though, the ground station must be on and turn green before you turn on the air unit.

We battled this issue for a while until we finally got it set up properly, if its stuck in float point mode with the purple led illuminated (looks different in the sun light) for more than a minute or two I would restart it. We have the least issues when the ground station is set up fairly high on our tripod and away from buildings, same with the aircraft (obviously not high up though)

Don't waste too much time asking DJI, they were almost no help to us. Figured it out with trial and error over several days and pieced together tips from DJI that helped, but barely.
2017-9-22
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Here's a response we received from DJI, full duplex mode and UART are the most likely problem you have:
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

After you install RTK well on the drone, you can do the following checking:

1.Visual Inspection

Check whether the D-RTK boards and cables are damaged or misshapen. If yes, replace the defective materials.

2.D-RTK Firmware Version Confirmation

Connect the D-RTK Air System and Ground System to DJI Assistant 2, respectively, and check whether the firmware version is the latest.

Note that parameters in the red box shown in the figure below do not need to be set.

3.DJI Datalink Pro Firmware Version Confirmation and Settings

When the DJI Datalink Pro is connected to DJI Assistant 2, its 4-position switches should be toggled to the COMBO position.
When the DJI Datalink Pro is used with the D-RTK, its 4-position switches should be toggled to the UART position.

1)Firmware Version Confirmation
Ensure that the DJI Datalink Pro firmware version is the latest.

2)Ensure that Full Duplex Mode has been enabled for both the Air System and Ground System.

4.Performance Tests

1)Power-on Test
Power on the D-RTK (3S to 12S or 12V to 52V DC power supply) and check whether the LED is on.
Check whether the LED on the DJI Datalink Pro is on.

2)Outdoors GPS Satellite Detection Test

Note that this test must be conducted in an open area.
A. Check whether the D-RTK CAN cable is connected to the A3’s CAN1 port.
B. Check whether the LED on the DJI Datalink Pro is solid green. If not, link the Air System with the Ground System.
Do the following to link the Air System with the Ground System:
a) Toggle the switch on the Air System and Ground System to the UART position, respectively.
b) Press the linking button on the Ground System for three seconds and the LED will blink red and green alternatively.
c) Press the linking button on the Air System for three seconds to enter the linking mode.
d) When the linking is complete, the LEDs on the Air System and Ground System are solid green.
C. Wait for five to seven minutes and check whether the LED on the D-RTK is solid green.

3) Flight Test
A. Mount the D-RTK to a Matrice 600 and check how long the Matrice 600 can fly.
B. Mount the D-RTK to a Matrice 600 and make the Matrice 600 hover at a designated location to check the GPS accuracy.

If all those have no issue, then you can be relieved to fly it. You're don't need to reset home position if it works normally.

If it flashes purple light for a short time and turn green soon, you don't need to be worried about it.

About "What exactly does floating point mode do?", I need help you check it with the relevant engineer.

Thanks.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
2017-9-22
Use props
fans08ac15b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 791020 ft
Israel

Hello,
I've encountered the a similar problem with my D-RTK on Matrice600.
I have my Ground System and Air System on UART position (Solid green LED on both) - but the Air D-RTK is stuck in Slowly blinking RED status (which by the manual says: ground system positioned with single point but differential data not received).
What should I do?
Thanks,
Amit
2018-1-16
Use props
CptD
lvl.1
Romania

Hello,
I am having a similar issue with a DJI Matrice M210 and its RTK. GoFly always displays "weak RTK signal". We have managed to obtained base station coordinates, three green lights (base station RTK, Datalink, and remote Datalink) but the aircraft coordinates always read as "0", or as "N/A" (not available) see attached screen. The drone takes off fine in GPS mode, with RTK disabled -- but we really need RTK for the next flights.

We have run the checklist here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113950-1-1.html
(Firmware last version on both the drone and base station RTK, and on both DataLink Pros; both in Duplex; base station Datalink in UART and remote Datalink in CAN)

Attached also pics of the two Datalink Pros.

Thanks for any ideas!

2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules