Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Find my drone Feature - Overview
7114 5 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Find your drone feature was added to the DJI Go 4 app around April of 2017 with firmware update version 4.0.7. If for whatever reason your drone decides to take a trip without your knowledge or intention, you can use this feature to track down your drone and hopefully bring it back home safe and sound.

The devices I will be using for this test includes:
Samsung Galaxy S8+ with android version 7.0 installed DJI Go App version 4.1.9
Samsung Note 5 with Android version 7.0 and DJI Go App version 4.1.9
And the latest gen Apple iPad with iOS 11 installed and DJI Go App version 4.1.10
As of this recording, these are the latest updates and firmware revisions.
I also did everything possible to make it equal across the board so I update or made sure all the drones were up to date as far as their firmware was concerned. This is to satisfy all the initial series of interrogations brought forth by DJI and others.

Moving into the Find my Drone user interface you’ll find an exact match across all the drones. Meaning the feature is the same across the spectrum of DJI drones.

Let’s take a look at what the user interface has to offer. Starting at the top left corner of the screen you have your 3 dots. Expand this to find your GPS and RC signal strength as well as your drones battery percentage level. Moving down the-the three vertical icons at the bottom you have your Map view as well as Satellite and Hybrid Map selections. Below, it you have the compass heading lock which will enable or disable the map from rotating as you navigate to find your drone. And below that, you have your home point or drone location coordinates which you can use to toggle between the last known position of the drone and your launching point.

Last but not least is the camera icon which allows you to see what your drone is seeing view the camera. This option, however, is only functioning if you have the connection with the drone. If your camera happens to be covered by thick growth or tree limbs and leaves then there are 2 other options for locating your lost drone. If you are in the area where the app says your drone is located you can select the drone and it will pull up another menu. Here you can select whether to make your escs start beeping or turn the drones lights on. This is accomplished by simply selecting the icon of the drone and choosing which option you would like. Here is what you can expect to hear from the Spark Mavic Pro and Inspire 2…  

One last thing to mention is that I could not get the Android devices to start the Smart LED or ESC beeps. I have not yet found the reason why this is the case but I will post an update when or if I do. If you have a Samsung device or different Android device other than Samsung and these features work for you I’d like to hear about it, so leave me a comment below. You can always treat the comments as an open forum and ask questions for me or others to answer.
2017-9-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Great post! Thanks for taking the trouble.
2017-9-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done and thanks for sharing with us

This is a feature that I hope I never need to use

Rich
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Thanks for the post Joe. Do you know if this can be initiated in-flight?

Mark G.
2017-9-22
Use props
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you would have to back out of the OSD while flying and and enter into the find my Drone feature.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really appreciate your post. Hope it will help other users to find the drone if it is lost.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules