Apple iPhone X Compatibility
7934 23 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JRH23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 494042 ft
United States

The dimensions of the new iPhone X do not look too much thicker than the current iPhones. Does any one know if it will fit in the remote controller with no issues?
2017-9-22
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

It must fit since I use my larger 7 Plus without issue.
2017-9-22
Use props
JRH23
lvl.3
United States

Yeah - the height and width is smaller than the iPhone 6s Plus or the iPhone 7 Plus. The depth or thickness though is a little more. iPhone 7 Plus ad 6s Plus are both 7.3mm, iPhone X is 7.7 mm. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue but I also have a thin case on my iPhone 6s Plus and it doesn't fit in the controller with the case.

Worst case I'm sure someone will make something like an iPad style mount for it. It is nice to fit in the controller though.
2017-9-22
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe based on the X measurements compared to (7 Plus), it appears they'll fit however a bit squeezed re: the length would be my suspicion.

Diagonal - 5.8 vs 5.5 "

Width - 2.79 vs 3.07 "

Depth - .30 vs .29"

2017-9-22
Use props
JRH23
lvl.3
United States

The diagonal is the screen size, which is slightly bigger. The physical size (length and height) of the iPhone X is actually smaller due to the screen being "edge to edge" design. Its physical size is actually closer to a iPhone 7 - not plus model.
2017-9-22
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JRH23 Posted at 2017-9-22 07:39
The diagonal is the screen size, which is slightly bigger. The physical size (length and height) of the iPhone X is actually smaller due to the screen being "edge to edge" design. Its physical size is actually closer to a iPhone 7 - not plus model.

"iPhone X is actually smaller due to the screen being "edge to edge" design. Its physical size is actually closer to a iPhone 7"

It that case then you're good to go.  
I'm also looking to upgrade to the X at some point. Like the fact that the screen is OLED too.
2017-9-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If the x has dimension similar to the Samsung s8+  it will fit the controller, the only problem with using the S8+ is  you can't push the phone fully into one side of the holder as you can't touch the glass to bring up the home button if you do. It still holds the phone in place but it's orientated to one side a bit, I expect the apple iPhone x will have the same issue as the screen is edge to edge
Buttons towards the edge of the DGI Go4 a may also be difficult to get at.
2017-9-22
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-9-22 09:26
If the x has dimension similar to the Samsung s8+  it will fit the controller, the only problem with using the S8+ is  you can't push the phone fully into one side of the holder as you can't touch the glass to bring up the home button if you do. It still holds the phone in place but it's orientated to one side a bit, I expect the apple iPhone x will have the same issue as the screen is edge to edge

"you can't push the phone fully into one side of the holder as you can't touch the glass to bring up the home button if you do"

Precisely what I'd anticipated. I'm sure they'll be some other extension gadget to substitute so I guess more will be revealed.
2017-9-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've read, the iPhone x is Not very bright ;(
2017-9-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-22 15:16
From what I've read, the iPhone x is Not very bright ;(

Yes 625nits , does really compare to the Samsung  S8+ at 1000nits, this could play a factor outdoors but you could use a hood
I actually prefer a dedicated device for the controller like the Ipad mini, that way there is no hassle with the set up of the phone, taking in and out of its case etc.
The ipad mini 4 with a hardshell plastic case can be squeezed carefully into the jaws of the controller.

I am finding that the larger retina screen of a ipad  more useable than a phone screen, the ipad pro 10.5  is brilliant if you want a fast processor and good detailed screen
2017-9-22
Use props
fans2abcc143
New
United States

Needing a upgrade on my iPhone I have a iPhone 5c. Wondering if the iPhone 8 or iPhone X will work with the mavic pro (DJI GO 4 APP) any answers will be helpful thank you.
2017-9-24
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

fans2abcc143 Posted at 2017-9-24 11:45
Needing a upgrade on my iPhone I have a iPhone 5c. Wondering if the iPhone 8 or iPhone X will work with the mavic pro (DJI GO 4 APP) any answers will be helpful thank you.

Yes, naturally they will work, iOS is the same.
2017-9-24
Use props
Kcir
New
Flight distance : 2339 ft
United States

this is my concern with the iPhone X screen... it really goes edge to edge in ALL directions ... there is no home button to cover, but you will cover the 3d face recognition..okay no prob, double tap log in with the number pad.. but the DJI software assumes it has use of the whole screen...all the side buttons really are right on the side.. while the controller assumes it has a fair amount of bevel it can grip and so will cover up a lot of the X screen on the sides... this might push me to either buy the 8+ with the bevels.. or figure out if my wifi iPad mini 4 wifi hot spotted to my phone will have full functionality, comments?
btw, yes i know its a first world problem to worry if your smart phone will fit in your expensive flying camera's controller.  but still.  on the edge on which iPhone to upgrade to, and fitting with my toys is a consideration.
2017-9-25
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Kcir Posted at 2017-9-25 11:05
this is my concern with the iPhone X screen... it really goes edge to edge in ALL directions ... there is no home button to cover, but you will cover the 3d face recognition..okay no prob, double tap log in with the number pad.. but the DJI software assumes it has use of the whole screen...all the side buttons really are right on the side.. while the controller assumes it has a fair amount of bevel it can grip and so will cover up a lot of the X screen on the sides... this might push me to either buy the 8+ with the bevels.. or figure out if my wifi iPad mini 4 wifi hot spotted to my phone will have full functionality, comments?
btw, yes i know its a first world problem to worry if your smart phone will fit in your expensive flying camera's controller.  but still.  on the edge on which iPhone to upgrade to, and fitting with my toys is a consideration.

The ipad mini 4 fits in the controller arms perfectly, why don't you just use that
2017-9-25
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

Covering a bit of the edge of the phone isn’t the problem. The problem is that the software is highly unstable while using the iPhone X. It needs an update to work correctly as well as be updated to take full advantage of the new screen.
2017-11-4
Use props
bryandd
New
United States

So I went out to do a home shoot today with my Mavic and iPhone X. The screen wasn't an issue at all. What was an issue was compatibility. I couldn't get them to connect no matter what I tried. It's a good thing I had my old iPhone 7 Plus in the car or it would have been a total waste of time!
2017-11-6
Use props
fansb49288cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8914 ft
United States

I️ have an iPhone X and the app works but the the entire screen is not used
7075E634-876D-46F2-B563-A77BEC74AD6F.jpeg
2017-11-6
Use props
fans65585e79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4026 ft
United States

Still doesn’t work. I got excited seeing the new update on the app. Less excited when I saw nothing in the notes about the problem. Felt even worse to plug it all up and it still not work. But I can immediately unplug my X and plug in my friends iPad and voila.

$1600 paperweight
2017-11-8
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

fans65585e79 Posted at 2017-11-8 13:50
Still doesn’t work. I got excited seeing the new update on the app. Less excited when I saw nothing in the notes about the problem. Felt even worse to plug it all up and it still not work. But I can immediately unplug my X and plug in my friends iPad and voila.

$1600 paperweight

I received my iphone x yesterday and the software version is 11.01 .... I was about to update it to 11.1 but I saw some noise on this board about it so I didn't upgrade my iOS.  I also didn't update my GO app, which it looks like there is a new version today.

Just went outside to launch it and it worked perfectly.  A couple little nuances Ill have to think through, but all in all, everything worked just fine.

In case you are wondering what the nuance is.... historically, if I ever had one of those heart attack moments where you lose video or the app freezes, I would double click the home button, kill the app, restart the app and everything would be back to normal.  Thats not so easy on the iphone x as there is no home button.  And when the video is displaying, there is no swipe up to exit the app.  So when you are in flight mode, and you need to kill the app, you need to tap the DJI logo to get to the app's home screen, then you can swipe the app to exit.  If the app freezes... well, I didn't have the opportunity to figure out what to do there, but Im thinking you have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to somehow get back to the phone's home screen.  Powering off the phone and back on... I might have a heart attack during the wait.

All of these scenarios are unnecessarily terrifying...
2017-11-8
Use props
fans881199ce
New

United States

11.1.1 is confirmed working 11.1 was not.
2017-11-10
Use props
borgqueenx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 824094 ft
Netherlands

Any update being worked on for the X?
2017-11-21
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

I have been using the iPhone X for a few weeks now and no issues. Its better than using the iPhone 7.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans6d42bdab
New
United States

fans2abcc143 Posted at 2017-9-24 11:45

The iphone x works and fits in dji mavic pro and phantom 3 and spark and osmo mobile i own all and they work great
2017-11-24
Use props
Crewy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kcir Posted at 2017-9-25 11:05
this is my concern with the iPhone X screen... it really goes edge to edge in ALL directions ... there is no home button to cover, but you will cover the 3d face recognition..okay no prob, double tap log in with the number pad.. but the DJI software assumes it has use of the whole screen...all the side buttons really are right on the side.. while the controller assumes it has a fair amount of bevel it can grip and so will cover up a lot of the X screen on the sides... this might push me to either buy the 8+ with the bevels.. or figure out if my wifi iPad mini 4 wifi hot spotted to my phone will have full functionality, comments?
btw, yes i know its a first world problem to worry if your smart phone will fit in your expensive flying camera's controller.  but still.  on the edge on which iPhone to upgrade to, and fitting with my toys is a consideration.

I'm having the same problem with iPhone X with remote, It covers all sensors and I can not use the slide to open either I also have to disable True tone Ambient settings and auto-lock off Started using iPad mini 4 instead
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules