1745 3 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c674e96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm trying to create two custom camera settings on my phantom so I can switch back and forth between shooting video and stills without having to change so many settings individually. I have the new controller, with the built in screen.

Custom 1 (for stills)
AEB 3
Aperture priority
Color None
ISO 100
4:3 format
etc...

Custom 2 (for video)
Manual exposure
Color D-log
16:9 format
etc...

I set all the settings for stills, go to camera settings, select the pen icon next to "Custom 1" and then click save. Then I do the video setup and repeat the save process in Custom 2.

Once finished, the settings will not load properly. For instance, I just loaded Custom 1, it switches the settings to jpeg, auto ISO, etc. It basically took the settings I created and did it's best to load the opposite of what I saved. Other times, nothing changes at all. In addition, after I load any custom settings, the camera on the drone starts pointing off to the left. The only way to fix this it to power cycle the Phantom.

All the firmware is current, as of today. The drone is brand new.

I spent 90 minutes with DJI tech support. They had me reload the firmware on the drone and controller 2 times each. There was no mention of this being an "known" issue. This issue was specific to my Phantom 4 Pro. In the end they offered to exchange the drone through them. It would take 10-15 days. I boxed it up and did an exchange with my dealer instead, telling them that DJI had said the drone was defective. I'm now home with the new Phantom and it behaves exactly like the previous one.

Does this feature work for anyone else?

Are there some settings which can/cannnot be saved/loaded using the custom settings menu?

2017-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there a particular reason you would want to shoot stills in 4:3 format?
2017-9-22
Use props
unmanned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-9-22 15:15
Is there a particular reason you would want to shoot stills in 4:3 format?

Oops, I meant to write 3:2. That setting uses the entire sensor area....

3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you post a short video of this issue? I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules