5210 5 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevoDevo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 534049 ft
United States

Hi All,

I've got a weird issue that is more annoying that anything else.  Most times when I start up my P4P, the light on the remote control is red and the Go app says Aircraft disconnected.  Now my iPhone (or iPad - I use both) are connecting up to the Go app just fine.  It's that the controller doesn't see the aircraft.  If I reboot the controller, the aircraft and restart the Go app randomly, eventually it will sync up and I'll get a green light and the Go app will show as connected and I can fly.  

Once connected, the connection is stable, but it's just kinda annoying - especially when I'm out shooting commercially (yes I'm Part 107 certified) it just looks amateurish as I'm frantically rebooting while the client is waiting!!

Any ideas?  It's done this pretty much since the day I got it, so I've been through a bunch of firmware upgrades and nothing has helped!
Steve
2017-9-22
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

it is the same with our new drone, it seems that it is the application dji-go that bug
2017-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried resynchronising the RC to the aircraft, that would be first thing to try.

Page 42 of the manual from Here explains how.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Aardvark's advice, could you verify what the firmware version, app version and iOS version you're running? Have you tried switching out the lightning cable? Was this happening right out of the box, or was there an update or hard landing that you can recall?
2017-9-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ive had similar issues as well.
Setup drone all good start everything up all good
Wait for gps lock and home point all good.
Take off all good.
Fly to about 50mtrs altitude straight up get a random disconnect.
Have tried a few things to fix the problem including let it hover there shut down dji go and restart no good.
Tried disconnecting cable and reconnecting no good.
Only thing i found that worked for me was to manually land the drone then shut down the rc and restart it.
I havent tried relinking to the drone as i feel the link to drone is fine the problem seems to be between the rc and phone.
Doesnt happen evertime it seems to be a random thing. Ive even tried different cables. Still the issue is there just been trying to perservere through it
2017-9-22
Use props
Donny O'Neil Jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine said aircraft disconnected and fell straight to ground. Destroyed it and now sending back to DJI. First time this ever happened in 2 years of flying. I upgraded firmware two days before. Man be careful. Come to think about it my controller was acting the same, showing red blinking in and out of being green. I'd like to see what the fix is.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules