Help in the UK - Mavic Controller
1722 24 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849183 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm hoping that someone on this forum in the UK sees this and can advise me.

I've had my Mavic and DJI refresh since April and had a great time with it.

My mini USB port on the left side of the controller has always been a little loose when the charger is plugged in but it usually works, I use the bottom USB to fly with.

Any way a couple of weeks ago the controller stopped charging and the charging cable was very loose in the socket, I checked and the socket looks like it fell apart
inside. I sent it to DJI under warrantee / DJI refresh and today I had an email saying they will fix it for £360 !! Apparently controllers are not covered under DJI refresh.

The controller only needs a new mini USB charging socket, I asked DJI why they wouldn't fix it under warrantee and I await the reply.

In the mean time does anyone in the UK know of any one that could repair the controller for me ??  

I have looked on you tube and it doesn't seem to bad a job but I'm so ham fisted I would probably wreck the controller if I took it apart or I would never get it back together.

Here's hoping .

Paul.  
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it? When you sent the unit in for repair, did you provide your proof of purchase as well?
2017-9-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Surely someone/place does drone repairs in the UK?

I often wonder if i should do it here in the town i live in. I have seen a few people online from here so i know there are drone fliers here.
I have 2 Mavic Pro's so i can do repairs and fly too lol
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-9-22 12:47
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it? When you sent the unit in for repair, did you provide your proof of purchase as well?

Hi Jamie, Thank You for offering to look into this I appreciate it.

Yes I included a copy of my original receipt in the box and DJI refresh as well.
My reference is
DJI Quotation Notice  CAS-955316-P4L1Q3 CRM:0003000001450
The controller was sent to Netherlands and the email was from      support.eu9@dji.com

Paul
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2017-9-22 12:49
Surely someone/place does drone repairs in the UK?

I often wonder if i should do it here in the town i live in. I have seen a few people online from here so i know there are drone fliers here.

Yes mate if you can do it go ahead I'm sure youll get plenty business
2017-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would suggest that the item (the RC) is not fit for purpose, under UK consumer law you would be entitled to a repair/replacement. If anybody interferes with it then that might invalidate the warranty.

I would be straight back to retailer, but looks like DJI Jamie has things in hand, see what the outcome is.

Just after I purchased my Mavic about four weeks ago; within one week the RC display failed. The bottom line is that DJI Netherlands had a new one to me within ten days (And that was 8 days getting there and back). All covered under warranty.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-22 13:09
That would suggest that the item (the RC) is not fit for purpose, under UK consumer law you would be entitled to a repair/replacement. If anybody interferes with it then that might invalidate the warranty.

I would be straight back to retailer, but looks like DJI Jamie has things in hand, see what the outcome is.

Thank you for your advice as you say see what happens I didn't expect anyone from DJI to answer my posting.

I love the look of your Spaniel by the way
Cheers,
Paul
2017-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-22 13:13
Thank you for your advice as you say see what happens I didn't expect anyone from DJI to answer my posting.

I love the look of your Spaniel by the way

This is a users forum, but DJI have a number of people who frequent the board. And if one of them has your case in hand then ultimately it will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Spaniel:- Working Cocker Spaniel (that's the breed), keeps me busy to the tune of 3-5 miles a day :-)

p.s. welcome to the mad world of DJI drones....
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-22 13:26
This is a users forum, but DJI have a number of people who frequent the board. And if one of them has your case in hand then ultimately it will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Spaniel:- Working Cocker Spaniel (that's the breed), keeps me busy to the tune of 3-5 miles a day :-)

Thanks Aardvark
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-22 12:54
Hi Jamie, Thank You for offering to look into this I appreciate it.

Yes I included a copy of my original receipt in the box and DJI refresh as well.

Thank you for supplying this. I'm escalating this with the appropriate team to reach out to you regarding the evaluation results. Do you recall if you made the previous inquiry about the warranty via email or phone?
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-9-22 14:24
Thank you for supplying this. I'm escalating this with the appropriate team to reach out to you regarding the evaluation results. Do you recall if you made the previous inquiry about the warranty via email or phone?

Hi Jamie

Thank You

Its all been via email, DJI quoted me today and I replied this evening about why no warranty.
Paul
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I'm having a bit of difficulty finding that email, do you happen to have a ticket number that might have generated from your response? From what I gather, your response was pretty recent. Is this notion correct?
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-9-22 14:48
I'm having a bit of difficulty finding that email, do you happen to have a ticket number that might have generated from your response? From what I gather, your response was pretty recent. Is this notion correct?

Hi DJI,

Thanks for your quick reply

OK no refresh but why no warrantee for a nearly new RC ??

If no warranty  could you please replace the mini usb plug only.

I don’t need a complete new RC for £360

A new mini usb plug costs less than £1

Thanks

Paul.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 22 September 2017 12:12
To: Paul Egan
Cc: support.eu7
Subject: 答复: DJI Quotation Notice CAS-955316-P4L1Q3 CRM:0003000001450

Hello Dear customer,

Thanks for your kind email.

For this case, please kindly notice that DJI care refresh coverage:
Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum and Spark: aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers.

Pity RC is not under the coverage.
Thank you in advance.
For any further questions, please feel free to let me know.
A good day.
Carol
DJI EU Support
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

发件人: Paul Egan [mailto:xxxx1@gmail.com]
发送时间: 21 September 2017 18:38
收件人: support.eu9 <support.eu9@dji.com>; support.eu7 <support.eu7@dji.com>
主题: RE: DJI Quotation Notice CAS-955316-P4L1Q3 CRM:0003000001450

Dear DJI,

I was surprised to receive your Quotation notice for the repair to my Mavic controller because the USB socket is broken.

The controller is only 6 months old and is therefore within its warrantee period and is in any case covered by DJI refresh.

Please explain.

Paul Egan
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-22 15:07
Hi DJI,

Thanks for your quick reply

Dear DJI User,
This message is from DJI Support. A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Mavic Pro is included in this Email. Click Repair Progress Inquiry for the detailed damage information. For further inquiries, please contact support.eu7@dji.com or support.eu9@dji.com.

Proforma Invoice
Customer:        Paul EGAN        Case No:        CAS-955316-P4L1Q3
DJI Care Balance:                Quotation Date:         2017/9/21
VAT-NO:                Tax included:         Yes
Ship To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK ( Europe )
Invoice To:         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK ( Europe )
Remark:         No warranty. USB connector in RC is broken

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(EUR)        Total Nett(EUR)
Remote Controller        1        296.69        296.69

Freight:                        0.00
Discount:                        -0.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Sub Total Payment:                        296.69
VAT(at 21%):                        62.30
Grand Total Payment:                        358.99

Bank Account Info

Bank Name:         ING Bank N.V.
Bank Account:         DJI Europe BV
Swift Code:         INGBNL2A
IBAN:         NL62 INGB 0006 8044 24
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-22 15:19
Dear DJI User,
This message is from DJI Support. A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Mavic Pro is included in this Email. Click Repair Progress Inquiry for the detailed damage information. For further inquiries, please contact  or .

Thanks for your update, Jamie has escalated your concern to local designated department to follow up. We will have someone to contact you on working days. Please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-22 18:28
Thanks for your update, Jamie has escalated your concern to local designated department to follow up. We will have someone to contact you on working days. Please wait patiently, thanks.

Thank you very much, I an very grateful for your assistance.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-23 08:10
Thank you very much, I an very grateful for your assistance.

You are welcome, hope it will get sorted out soon.
2017-9-23
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

l for those that have been in touch and are interested DJI have been in touch today as follows............  They seem to have missed the point completely.

Hello Dear customer,
Good afternoon.

Advised by our technician, for RC we always replace it as whole complete unit.
Thank you in advance.
A good day.
Carol
DJI EU Support

I replied ............

Hi Carol
Thank you for your quick reply.
I can understand your policy but can you explain why I have to pay £360 when  the RC
Is only 5 months old and should be covered by your warranty because the plug appears to have
disintegrated or fallen apart, I am sure due to a poor quality plug being fitted. ( This is a well documented problem )
I have owned mobile telephones with similar charging sockets for 23 years and never had one break
or become faulty because I know how to treat them.

Can you please explain why the RC is not covered by warranty.

Thanks,
Paul.

Lets see what that brings.
Paul.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-25 08:05
Hi all,

l for those that have been in touch and are interested DJI have been in touch today as follows............  They seem to have missed the point completely.

Our supervisor is working on your case, I will transfer your query to them and make it clear for you, please wait patiently.
2017-9-25
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-25 20:02
Our supervisor is working on your case, I will transfer your query to them and make it clear for you, please wait patiently.

Thank You Mindy
2017-9-26
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all

Just to update you if your interested.  In a nut shell, I received an email from DJI today and they said the damage to the remote controller side charging socket was caused by me and that's why they will not repair it under warranty.

I wont bore you with my reply but I'm sure you can imagine my reply. I also had a communication from a DJI supervisor who wanted to know whats happened so I copied him into my reply.

More as it happens !!

Paul
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-9-26 11:07
Hi all

Just to update you if your interested.  In a nut shell, I received an email from DJI today and they said the damage to the remote controller side charging socket was caused by me and that's why they will not repair it under warranty.

Sorry for this, your concern has been forwarded to the Supervisor, they'll reply you soon.
2017-9-26
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all here's my final update,

Despite my pleading and trying to reason with DJI they will not repair my controller under warranty and want nearly £360 for a new one.

The moral of the story is be very very careful with your charging socket because  if it breaks it will cost you dearly.

Paul
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansede6f1f8 Posted at 2017-10-1 13:28
Hi all here's my final update,

Despite my pleading and trying to reason with DJI they will not repair my controller under warranty and want nearly £360 for a new one.

You have our sincere apologies for this situation,I guess we are unable to provide further assistance regarding this, hope you and other users would take care of the charging port.
2017-10-1
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-1 19:07
You have our sincere apologies for this situation,I guess we are unable to provide further assistance regarding this, hope you and other users would take care of the charging port.

Thanks Mindy, all is not lost I have managed to get it repaired for £21.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules