So is this now another issue with the Spark iOS 11
2891 20 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

just been watching the every day dad on YouTube, he has had an issue flying with iOS 11

I’m really paranoid about flying the Spark now, always used the OTG method, last week that got limited, due to being unsupported. Now it seems there maybe an issue with the new iOS software.

Not sure I’m keen on trying my new filters now

2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, have you attempted to fly your unit at all after updating to iOS11 or is the tentativeness generated just going by this review? In regards to this reviewer, we would need more data in order to better investigate the situation.
2017-9-22
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have been flying mine with IOS 11 for the last week as I enrolled to be a beta tester. So far, not a single difference. It s working the same as before. But I have to say that I only fly it with the remote control, no gesture mode or controlled only via WIFI by the Iphone.
2017-9-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PY4CK Posted at 2017-9-22 14:55
I have been flying mine with IOS 11 for the last week as I enrolled to be a beta tester. So far, not a single difference. It s working the same as before. But I have to say that I only fly it with the remote control, no gesture mode or controlled only via WIFI by the Iphone.

Are there any DJI GO4 app issues , any increase latency in the video feed or paging around in the app menus etc ?
2017-9-22
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

No, Nothing.
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

why would it be an iOS 11 issue?  the way explained in the video and doesn't seem at all linked to iOS 11.  i been flying with iOS 11 for a while now, been part of the beta (public and developer), and literally no differences.. some betas did cause other issues like what was it, beta 4 and 9 causing some issues with the app saying cpu is fully loaded and some micro stalling on my older A7 based devices..but in terms of actual usability and performance, nothing to complain about here.  

as for fly away events, that seems more related to the drone itself or the app itself..  hard to tell what is really happening in your specific case. im going to go ahead and assume it was the spark itself mis reading something, anything... hard to tell.  i have had active track go full retard on me back when i had a spark and used gestures (no app connected).. ever since then until i returned my spark, i used the RC/App..  didnt have an issue other then it forgetting what to track sometimes..

my mavic pro doesn't seem that terrible smart at active tracking, and gets lost, maybe your spark did a similar thing?  i had it where it was happily following whatever then camera breaks lock and its hunting for a subject again sometimes that triggers odd behavior, its rare, happens mostly if following my car and sun glare hits it..swerves erratically or flys away but not very far, not like a real fly away partial fly away, like mostly running away fromt he sun glar or something because usually stops after it gets 50-100 feet away.  that being said latest mavic update seems to be ok with active track though....

edit: wait!   dynamic homepoints with spark and mavic been updated features...  i had a fly away event with my mavic, not uncontrolable one, just where it was following my boat i rented with active track then low battery RTH kicked in and it wanted to go back somewhere else, even though homepoint dynamically had updated itself to current position.. and entire time it was following home was positioned correctly on i think the RC updating but maybe the mavic too..but it took off at 19% low battery to somewhere else not marked on the map... so i had to hand catch it.. maybe thats the issue
2017-9-22
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
United Kingdom

Not had a chance to fly yet. But I will try later today, so I can try out my new filters. I will be very cautious though.
2017-9-22
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

It is always good to be cautious on that first flight after any update, just in case the software didn't install correctly.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

I also had issue with spark and ios 11. I was trying to take spheric panorama something about 10 meters above the ground in radius of 10 meters from me. Spark after 5-6 photos just flew away almost crashing on highway. All i heard from dji is that i can get new spark from care refresh. Actually it alived accident (with some damages), but im affraid to use it again. Full battery, two day spark, spheric panorama just above the ground and totally lost controll.
2017-11-8
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Sweden

fansd947f0d6 Posted at 2017-11-8 15:15
I also had issue with spark and ios 11. I was trying to take spheric panorama something about 10 meters above the ground in radius of 10 meters from me. Spark after 5-6 photos just flew away almost crashing on highway. All i heard from dji is that i can get new spark from care refresh. Actually it alived accident (with some damages), but im affraid to use it again. Full battery, two day spark, spheric panorama just above the ground and totally lost controll.

Have you logged a case with DJI, was all your app software and firmware all up to date. So far all has been good when the updates have been done.
2017-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-9 01:14
Have you logged a case with DJI, was all your app software and firmware all up to date. So far all has been good when the updates have been done.

Further information I have been testing with multiple devices.

OTG on Spark RC Controller.

OTG cable works fine on Androids and also the CrystalSky now with the updated FW V02.04.02.00 released recently.

OTG cable restricts range on Apple devices. 50M max height.

OTG cable on DJI Goggles (Current FW release) restricts range to 30M max Height

Cheers
2017-11-9
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-9 01:44
Further information I have been testing with multiple devices.

OTG on Spark RC Controller.

Can not confirm OTG and Phone, goes higher (iPhone 6).
Test with googles not done, it is dark and very cold and now I go home...
2017-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-9 08:59
Can not confirm OTG and Phone, goes higher (iPhone 6).
Test with googles not done, it is dark and very cold and now I go home...

What version of IOS on your IPone 6?
2017-11-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-10 05:58
What version of IOS on your IPone 6?

11.1.1 – uups, yesterday it was 11.1.x
Yesterday it was very cold, windy and already dark, so I did not go higher. In the settings 120 m...

@DJI: please translate the wind-warning in appropriate language...
Image-1.jpg
2017-11-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-10 09:11
Yesterday it was very cold, windy and already dark, so I did not go higher. In the settings 120 m...

Were you connected via the OTG cable and Have WiFI off?
2017-11-10
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7537661 ft
United States

OTG, Wi-Fi off, 11.2 beta iOS, remote control with reflector extenders, record range.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-10 09:11

Please tell me the language of your app. Did it show a wrong message or display a wrong translation? More details are needed. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-11-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-10 13:11
Were you connected via the OTG cable and Have WiFI off?

Yes, this is correct.
2017-11-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-10 19:40
Please tell me the language of your app. Did it show a wrong message or display a wrong translation? More details are needed. Thanks for your feedback.

App is in German and the message in French (wrong message language). This message is already displayed in earlier versions in French. It is also noticeable that the message is not listed in the log.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-10 23:32
App is in German and the message in French (wrong message language). This message is already displayed in earlier versions in French. It is also noticeable that the message is not listed in the log.

I see. Thanks for your quick response. This problem will be reflected to our engineers.
2017-11-11
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thank you for your suggestion. We have got the feedback, and will fix the display bug as soon as possibile.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules