Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark RTH Fail
1539 9 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ratters
New
Flight distance : 27051 ft
United Kingdom

This was entirly my fault!

I forgot to set the RTH to "current altitude"

Spark suffered a broken rotor arm but was easily fixed.

Lesson: Always set your RTH in acordance with your suroundings.

Enjoy

2017-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very nice, but please explain why you call it "RTH Fail" then and not correctly Pilot Fail?
2017-9-22
Use props
Pirikitto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183658 ft
United States

if you were more than 20 meters away even with CURRENT ALTITUDE ON would have risen to 30 m
RTH at CA affect only with distance between 3m and 20 metri
2017-9-22
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to see these video's, it makes everyone aware of the problems you can encounter if you don't think about what you are doing and what your drone will do in certain fail-safe circumstances.  The heading is fine as "Spark RTH Fail", as the pilot is sharing his Spark RTH fail for whatever reason it happened.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Glad to hear that the damage wasn't extensive. Flying around trees can be tricky and RTH settings are crucial. If you think that it losing signal under a tree (or anything with a potential 'ceiling' effect) setting the failsafe to "hover" may be a good option as well so it can stay put until you get back into signal range.
2017-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-9-22 14:43
Glad to hear that the damage wasn't extensive. Flying around trees can be tricky and RTH settings are crucial. If you think that it losing signal under a tree (or anything with a potential 'ceiling' effect) setting the failsafe to "hover" may be a good option as well so it can stay put until you get back into signal range.

Where can we set the failsafe to "hover"? I have not found this option yet.
2017-9-23
Use props
Ratters
New
Flight distance : 27051 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 00:07

I would like to know this too!

Thanks for the feedback.
2017-9-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty sure that is not a Spark option.  It is available on Mavic.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Agree with Oracle Miata, this is not a Spark option. It is available for Phantom series and Mavic series.
2017-9-24
Use props
Mark S
First Officer
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

I also had a Pilot Error RTH.  I launched at one point in a park and walked around as I flew my Spark.  It reached low battery and started a RTH but I was near a tree.  The Spark saw the tree in front of it and started to go "up and over" but unfortunately there as some overhang of branches.  Before I could stop the RTH (I was much more of a rookie pilot) it clipped some branches.  It fell but no real damage.

Because the Spark does not have collision avoidance in multiple directions (in this case up) it did not fully see the tree.  Had it not clipped the branch near the top of the tree I think it would have landed under the RTH function.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules