Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I just want to vent!
1382 16 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

At this point I’m not looking for help because I don’t think there is any. I just want to vent.

I can’t fly my mavic in RC mode using the DJI GO app. It won’t connect. The RC won’t connect to DJI assistant 2 through my Mac. It won’t connect to my iPhone 7, iPhone 5s, or iPad mini 2.

My Windows PC won’t recognize the RC through DJI assistant 2.

Over the past months I’ve tried everything I could find through forums, uTube, and the internet. Twice I had success and thought things were fixed. Within a few minutes of flight time I was back to the standard ”Disconnected” issue.

The drone flies fine in WiFi mode as long as I keep it inside a radius that I can throw it.

The frustrating thing is I believe my issues are a software problem that DJI just can’t get figured out. I can fly the drone in RC mode but I can’t see what I’m doing through the app. I can fly the drone with the app in WiFi mode but no further than I can throw it.

Buyer beware! Drone technology isn’t as reliable as other consumer tech products. I wish Apple would buy DJI and make the consumer drone industry as user friendly as their phones.

Happy flying and thanks for letting me vent.

Andy from Irma ravaged SW Florida.

PS. No, I don’t have any drone footage from Irma’s destruction.

2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately i have to disagree with your assessment about dji drones being unreliable, yes, as with all bleeding edge tech, will be a few issues sprinkled into the mix.  but overall they are great..  as for apple buying Dji, i dobt that will happen and i hope it never does, i like apple and all, but i i have a bad feeling about an apple owned drone company..

as for your issues with connectivity, have you tried relinking the RC to the drone?  have you tried different usb cables using other usb ports on the RC?  i haven't had any issues with connectivity myself and the mavic pro... i suspect either you have a failed RC to mavic linking... or maybe a bad RC....

2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1

United States

Thanks. As I said I can fly and control the drone with the RC just fine. I just can't get to app to connect so I can see what I'm doing. I've tried three different brand of cables not counting my Apple cables.
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-9-22 15:43
Thanks. As I said I can fly and control the drone with the RC just fine. I just can't get to app to connect so I can see what I'm doing. I've tried three different brand of cables not counting my Apple cables.

interesting...  so in the app do you see a connected icon or anything? does the "start flying" highlight to blue in the app  with it connected?  

have you tested the bottom full sized usb port with a standard charging cable to the device?  how about the side usb port on the controller?  i personally use the full size port on the bottom, i have had a few issues with the side port causing random connection issues myself with my phones

2017-9-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-9-22 15:43

When you tried the alternative cables, did you unplug the DJI cable from the side port? W/o doing that, the bottom port won't activate.
2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1

United States

The RC says ready to go. The app won't connect. I've tried a number of different cables through both ports.
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

interesting, i have used iPhone 7, iPhone 5S, i use primarily iPad mini 2, all seem to work flawlessly for me.. i'm on ios 11 with all of them as well and latest dji go 4 10..
weird, not sure where the issue maybe.... could have a bad RC or maybe something else, im curious what it maybe myself.. hmm... if i figure soemthing out ill post it here
2017-9-22
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

For what it's worth, this does not sound like a software issue to me.  Particularly since you've tried DJI Assistant 2 on two different desktop machines in addition to DJI Go 4 via both ports.  It does sound like a bad RC to me.  

I'm curious about what you did to get it working temporarily the one time, and what exactly happened right before it broke again.
2017-9-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-9-22 16:03
The RC says ready to go. The app won't connect. I've tried a number of different cables through both ports.

It's critical that the side port has nothing plugged into it when you try the bottom port, or the bottom port won't work.
2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your help. I upgraded to iOS 11.0 tonight on my iPhone 7  in hopes it would help. It didn't.
2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1

United States

First time I got it to connect again was reinstalling the app through iTunes connected to my Mac instead of my iPhone over WiFi. The second time I got it to connect was following Ex Machina advice of having my forum name match the log in name on the drone. Both times the connections only lasted a few minutes. As for the cables, yes I'm using MFI cables and original apple cables with not luck.
2017-9-22
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd just go to Best Buy and borrow a RC,   pair the new one with the AC and if this works then send the old RC to DJI for warranty repair

Sounds like there is an issue with the RC USB ports and some circuit board, which is a bit strange as you can most probably recharge the RC through them

2017-9-22
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

So What devices and version of OS and apps are you using.
Have you deleted the GO4 app, rebooted your devices and then reinstalled the GO4 app.
Then resigned into DJI.
2017-9-22
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-9-22 16:46
First time I got it to connect again was reinstalling the app through iTunes connected to my Mac instead of my iPhone over WiFi. The second time I got it to connect was following Ex Machina advice of having my forum name match the log in name on the drone. Both times the connections only lasted a few minutes. As for the cables, yes I'm using MFI cables and original apple cables with not luck.

I agree with some of the other users, your RC could be faulty.
If possible, try a different RC, and don't forget to link the new RC to your Mavic.
2017-9-23
Use props
DronePix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

Have you ever opened the RC? Why DJI not have it replace/repair for you?
2017-9-23
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I see that you have tried different cables so this may not be the solution. I just wanted to share my experience since I did find a fix.

I had a similar problem when I first got my Mavic Pro. My  MP would connect, but the video feed would drop out after about one minute of flight. I could fly with the RC, but could not see anything. Although, I could get the drone to connect with my iPad mini 4 through the bottom port with the USB cable and fly just fine. I found my problem to be with the short black cable and my iPhone 7 Plus.  

I ordered this from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/prod ... 6_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found that another reviewer on Amazon had the same problem. This is a DJI cable and appears to be the same one that came with the drone. However, as soon as I plugged this cable in I have never had another video feed disconnect.

I do feel that DJI should have compensated me for having to replace the cable on a new out of the box drone through no fault of my own. Except the crap shoot of dealing with the hit or miss customer service didn't seem worth the possible frustration.
2017-9-23
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.1

United States

aopisa Posted at 2017-9-23 09:05
I see that you have tried different cables so this may not be the solution. I just wanted to share my experience since I did find a fix.

I had a similar problem when I first got my Mavic Pro. My  MP would connect, but the video feed would drop out after about one minute of flight. I could fly with the RC, but could not see anything. Although, I could get the drone to connect with my iPad mini 4 through the bottom port with the USB cable and fly just fine. I found my problem to be with the short black cable and my iPhone 7 Plus.  

Glad you found a solution to your issues. I've tried a number of different cables with no help.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules