Lag and Choppy Video on Mavic Pro
10065 27 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5453 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Pro which I crashed and needed a new Gimbal. Once it was replaced I took it out and noticed a slight lag. Two or three frames at the most. 1080 and 4k and everything inbetween. I upgraded, downgraded, cleared cashe, formated the SD card, onb both the drone and remote. I upgraded DJI go4, upgraded my mini to IOS11. Changed cables, changed from mini to air 2. No resolution. I got another mavic pro, same issue. Any Idea what I can do?
2017-9-22
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

Here is a link to the videos.
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... U2lwTGs?usp=sharing
2017-9-22
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Can you tell me what frame rate you are using? I tend to think your pans are just a bit too fast.
2017-9-22
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-22 21:51
Can you tell me what frame rate you are using? I tend to think your pans are just a bit too fast.

The frame rates will vary from 24 - 30. The pans are fast but I didn't have this issue until recently. Prior to the last update even with fast pans the issue didn't exist.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans64db65f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35499 ft
Brazil

I'm having the same problem for a while.  Tried to update firmware but had no success.   Choppy video and it gets better with lower resolution, but still choppy.
2017-9-23
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

fans64db65f5 Posted at 2017-9-23 07:03
I'm having the same problem for a while.  Tried to update firmware but had no success.   Choppy video and it gets better with lower resolution, but still choppy.
https://youtu.be/rvnk0kHZp_c

Yes, thank you. That is the issue I am having. It has taken a while for me to find someone else with the same problem.

I also notice it is intermittent, sometimes the video is great, other times it is just like your example. All in the same flight and same settings.

And.... in adobe there are times I can view the file in my sequence and have the issue, then other times as I go back over it, the issue isn't occurring in the same place.

CAN ANYONE HELP?
2017-9-23
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

Kylo Ren Posted at 2017-9-23 07:40
Yes, thank you. That is the issue I am having. It has taken a while for me to find someone else with the same problem.

I also notice it is intermittent, sometimes the video is great, other times it is just like your example. All in the same flight and same settings.

Also, when did you notice this happening? Was it after a firmware update?
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Do you have the Assistant 2 Software on your computer? Did you try any type of  calibration?
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Kylo Ren Posted at 2017-9-23 07:40

Is this a display issue or a video file issue? Did you ever preview the video file?  If so, what is the result?
2017-9-23
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-23 07:54
Is this a display issue or a video file issue? Did you ever preview the video file?  If so, what is the result?

I do habe assistant 2, and I have calibrated my drone.

The issues is both live and on the files on the microSD card.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans245fc24b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529219 ft
Bulgaria

Same issues here! When panning, I can see stuttering ... even if I rotate it very slowly. Same on 4k, 1080p .. 24fps, 30fps or 60fps. On 1080/60fps there is less stuttering, but still visible. Stutter is on the raw video from the SD card also.
2017-9-23
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

fans245fc24b Posted at 2017-9-23 12:23
Same issues here! When panning, I can see stuttering ... even if I rotate it very slowly. Same on 4k, 1080p .. 24fps, 30fps or 60fps. On 1080/60fps there is less stuttering, but still visible. Stutter is on the raw video from the SD card also.

All those settings for me too.

Here is what I have done.

Upgraded Firmware
Downgraded Firmware
Calibrated Drone
Changed Table
Changed Tablet cable
Formatted SD Card
Cleared Cash on tablet
Ran Tablet on airplane mode
Disabled background apps
Set tablet to not cash during flight
Bought new drone, same Issue same settings, same attempts to fix

This issue is on the SD card and Live Preview
2017-9-23
Use props
fans245fc24b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529219 ft
Bulgaria

Also, I have noticed that all videos from the mavic are with variable bitrate... is this normal? https://screencast.com/t/bUMdAMbNc2zm
2017-9-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the only thing  you haven't done is swapped out the SD card for a faster one, but that also can't explain it, as you mentioned  it never happened before with the same card.

I don't think the upgrade to IOS11 is the cause,   as this would only impact on the DJIGo4 app video caching.

Maybe you can try in combination a downgrade of AC  firmware, the DJIGo4 app to 4.1.10 and IOS to IOS10, it must be something in the combination of the app and ios upgrade
2017-9-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Kylo Ren Posted at 2017-9-23 06:50
The frame rates will vary from 24 - 30. The pans are fast but I didn't have this issue until recently. Prior to the last update even with fast pans the issue didn't exist.

Can you try the video in one of the Advanced Flight Modes such as Active Track, set yourself as the subject, then walk around in a large circle so that the Mavic has to pan to follow you.  This will determine if the camera and gimbal have a problem, or it is stick movement because you won't need to touch the sticks.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Kylo Ren Posted at 2017-9-23 08:52
I do habe assistant 2, and I have calibrated my drone.

The issues is both live and on the files on the microSD card.

Can you replace the SD card? For live, you can try recording in a lower film rate.
2017-9-25
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have the same issue when panning
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_vpRfmYb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92618 ft
South Africa

Hi All, i experienced the same choppy footage from the Mavic. I reformatted the sd card (which i really thought wouldn't be the problem) and it seemed to have resolved the issue. It was choppy and lagging when panning or moving the gimbal quickly.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_vpRfmYb
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi All, i experienced the same choppy footage from the Mavic. I reformatted the sd card (which i really thought wouldn't be the problem) and it seemed to have resolved the issue. It was choppy and lagging when panning or moving the gimbal quickly.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_vpRfmYb
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi All, i experienced the same choppy footage from the Mavic. I reformatted the sd card (which i really thought wouldn't be the problem) and it seemed to have resolved the issue. It was choppy and lagging when panning or moving the gimbal quickly, now I have smooth footage again.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_vpRfmYb
lvl.1
South Africa

Apologies for the duplicated post.
2017-9-26
Use props
Rich67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44616 ft
United States

The only time I have ever had video stutter like you are experiencing would be this:
1) The micro SD is not writing fast enough. Be careful when you buy an "inexpensive" card on Amazon or Ebay- they may tell you they are fast enough for 4K or HD video, but the write speed is still considerably below what it is capable of. Stick to a name brand card and one that has been reviewed by users who specifically shoot in those resolutions.
2) Sub par post production software. This can be determined if you simply upload the raw footage (unedited) to Youtube. If it stutters on Youtube without any editing, then see #1. If it's smooth, then it may be time to look into other editing software or tweaking the software settings for output.
I personally haven't experienced this issue with my Mavic, but I have seen it when I record on my DSLR on a cheap SD card.
2017-9-26
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-23 19:50
Can you try the video in one of the Advanced Flight Modes such as Active Track, set yourself as the subject, then walk around in a large circle so that the Mavic has to pan to follow you.  This will determine if the camera and gimbal have a problem, or it is stick movement because you won't need to touch the sticks.

Hey,
Sorry for the delay.
I just did it and still have the issue. I will post the video later.

As far as the Micro SD card, the card worked fine until recently. I don't see why that would be the issue all of the sudden, and I reformatted the card recently too and no resolve to my issue.
2017-9-26
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 05:42
Can you replace the SD card? For live, you can try recording in a lower film rate.

Hello Mark,
I replaced the MicroSD card and the lag is still there.

Now I have tried

Different SD card
Different Tablets
Different tablet cable
Different rez
Upgraded firmware
downgraded firmware

Different Mavic

Nothing has fixed the issue.
2017-10-2
Use props
Kylo Ren
lvl.1
United States

Do any DJI reps check these forums at all?
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Kylo Ren Posted at 2017-10-2 11:52
Do any DJI reps check these forums at all?

Yes we do Kylo. If any of the suggestions do not work, you will need to contact customer support for a possible evaluation of your aircraft. Here is the link for that: http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-10-2
Use props
djiuser_WvhJPJB
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same problem with my out of the box, locally brought new Mavic, the problem only happen when I do panning shot.  Please update us if this issue be fixed, thanks.
2017-11-27
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Get a suitable SD card that is fast enough - and no hacked/cracked cards that the specs looks fine and then you shoot video on them ...
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules