Phantom 3 SE - WIFI - Smartphone Android
2346 9 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgilio Parma
New
Flight distance : 30177 ft
Portugal

Hi. What is the best and cheapest android smartphone for phantom 3 SE? I have the Samsung A5 (2016), Samsung S6 EDGE (2016) Samsung Galaxy S5. All of these freeze the video in the DJI GO or disconnect and not allowing access to flight, drone or camera configurations. This happens within 30 cm of distance between the drone and the radio. Please help me find a cheap tablet or smartphone that will work with this phantom 3 SE.
Sorry for my mistakes, english is not my main language. Thank`s.
2017-9-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

I think all these phones will work. I have used J5 which is the cheapest Samsung and it works on Go app. Have you set it to flight mod and turned bluetooth off?
2017-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How much distance was that again?    Your english is very good
2017-9-22
Use props
Virgilio Parma
New
Portugal

G_Sig Posted at 2017-9-22 16:55
I think all these phones will work. I have used J5 which is the cheapest Samsung and it works on Go app. Have you set it to flight mod and turned bluetooth off?

Hello G_sig. Thanks for answering. I have little drone experience. Phantom 3 SE is my first drone. I did 2 short flights and had problems with video signal loss. After that, I've been afraid to get off the plane and crash. I have been doing a lot of tests with my cell phones without flying, and even though I am 30 cm between the radio and the drone, it has lost video signals and disconnects many times. Next week I will try with a mini2 ipad from a friend of mine to see if it works better.
2017-9-22
Use props
Virgilio Parma
New
Portugal

G_Sig Posted at 2017-9-22 16:55

Hello G_sig. Thanks for answering. I have little drone experience. Phantom 3 SE is my first drone. I did 2 short flights and had problems with video signal loss. After that, I've been afraid to get off the plane and crash. I have been doing a lot of tests with my cell phones without flying, and even though I am 30 cm between the radio and the drone, it has lost video signals and disconnects many times. Next week I will try with a mini2 ipad from a friend of mine to see if it works better.
2017-9-22
Use props
Virgilio Parma
New
Portugal

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-22 17:06
How much distance was that again?    Your english is very good

Hi, Alabama. I understand a little English, but in doubt I ask my friend GOOGLE Translator.
I made two small flights and had signal problems. On average the altitude was 60 meters and distance 200-300 meters.

01: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... c-8920-e1e42df6662e

02: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 0-bcb9-fbd08b5d437c
2017-9-22
Use props
Virgilio Parma
New
Portugal

Virgilio Parma Posted at 2017-9-22 19:07
Hi, Alabama. I understand a little English, but in doubt I ask my friend GOOGLE Translator.
I made two small flights and had signal problems. On average the altitude was 60 meters and distance 200-300 meters.

When I did these two videos the problems were few, even acceptable. After the videos became more recurrent to the point of leaving me afraid of flying again. I'm going to try new tests on my friends' tablet or smartphones to make sure it works before I spend money buying new equipment. Thank you.
2017-9-22
Use props
Chatikib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

Don't be affraid of losing your drone. On the remote control you have the S2 switch. With that you can initiate the RTH (Remote To Home) function.

My other advise to you is to go away between the buildings. Go to somewhere in the open field. There you will experience a better connection. And use a phone or tablet with more memory. More memory and a better processor ensures better functioning.

2017-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Based on what you've said and what I saw, everything looks good. You were probably expecting more range, but that is probably as good as you'll get from the SE.  I'm willing to bet that you got more distance near the water.  There's a lot of tall structures in the first video that would block your signal.  Just experiment in different locations and deep your antennas parallel to the drone. Have fun!
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please consider one of the recommended mobile devices as the performance has been fully tested.
Recommended list of P3 SE.png
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules