Zoom function ??
18030 13 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J_Davis
lvl.1
Taiwan

I'm brand new to my device, and I've noticed there is very little in any of the user manuals on camera operation.  There's nothing that really goes into detail about all the functions, etc. of the camera or how to use it.  So, my question is - can you zoom?   If so, how do you do it?  I tried various buttons and/or sliders on my mobile device's screen, but wasn't able to zoom.

Thanks,
Jordan
2017-9-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have a look in your DJI GO 4 app (with everything connected and on) at the settings for the 5D button. The default movement left and right is for zoom in and out. If you don't have those settings then you can change the functions of that button to suit.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic Pro supports a 2x digital zoom. You can zoom in or out by dragging on the screen or by pressing the customizable buttons. 5D button.png
2017-9-22
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Zoom feature is only available in 720 / 1080p resolutions.
2017-9-23
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no optical zoom on the Mavic; the only zoom you have is a digital zoom, which means unless you're always filming in a lower resolution, you're better off filming in 2.7k or 4k and simply cropping the video on your PC.

Cheers

Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-9-23
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

As already explained by others in this thread, you can use the 5D-button to zoom in and out.
But you can also zoom in and out by spreading and pinching the screen of your mobile device.
2017-9-23
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-23 00:29
Zoom feature is only available in 720 / 1080p resolutions.

Hi.

Not entirely true since 2k7 mode also can make digital zoom.

Regards Leif.
2017-9-23
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Hi.

Two fingers moving apart on the screen also make digital zoom on an Android device. If you collect your fingers will zoom out again. Suppose it is the same on an iOS device.

Regards Leif.
2017-9-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-9-23 02:28
Hi.

Not entirely true since 2k7 mode also can make digital zoom.

Will have to try that, never tried it in 2.7K so it will work using the 5 button SW on RC?
I thought by swiping screen to zoom only effected the device screen and not the actual video recording on the SD Card?
2017-9-23
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-23 02:40
Will have to try that, never tried it in 2.7K so it will work using the 5 button SW on RC?
I thought by swiping screen to zoom only effected the device screen and not the actual video recording on the SD Card?

Yes, the 5D stick also works.

Regards Leif.
2017-9-23
Use props
J_Davis
lvl.1
Taiwan

Wellsi Posted at 2017-9-23 00:33
There is no optical zoom on the Mavic; the only zoom you have is a digital zoom, which means unless you're always filming in a lower resolution, you're better off filming in 2.7k or 4k and simply cropping the video on your PC.

Cheers

I was more or less just interested in zooming in for still photos, not so much with video.
2017-9-23
Use props
J_Davis
lvl.1
Taiwan

Hi all - thanks for the very informative replies.  I have since figured out that pinch-zoom does work.  I'm still learning about the 5D button - am I supposed to use the button in combination with the joystick to work the functions?  Also, while I'm here, I noticed this morning that when I calibrated the gimbal, that it actually rolls left and right too (almost 90 degrees each direction (maybe I'm exaggerating).  Is one able to control the rolling of the gimbal while in flight also?  If so, how does this work?  Thanks!
2017-9-23
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

J_Davis Posted at 2017-9-23 20:01
I was more or less just interested in zooming in for still photos, not so much with video.

The same applies to stills of course; digital only, not optical zoom.  It's like zooming on your cellphone. You just end up with a much lower resolution photo.

Cheers
Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-9-23
Use props
c10
New

Argentina

hi all,  I have a Mavic Air 2. I realized that the 1X icon is missing so I dont have the digital zoom function anymore.

Please help.

PD: I already updated firmware of the drone.
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules