Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
QuickShot camera changed to auto mode?
2139 8 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nazar78
Captain
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Just tested the QuickShot in Android 4.1.10. Seems ok but there was a notification about camera optimization or something like that and the camera changed to auto mode. Is this normal even in iOS? I'd prefer to do QuickShots in manual mode ISO 100, shutter 1/50.
2017-9-23
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

and you cannot change it back to manual?
2017-9-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

As much as I can determine, the app will control the camera settings and gimbal movement while in the Quickshot modes.
2017-9-23
Use props
jamesw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Is it confirmed that the camera settings are locked in "Auto Mode" on IOS and Android?  
2017-9-24
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-23 20:50
As much as I can determine, the app will control the camera settings and gimbal movement while in the Quickshot modes.

Ok looks like I'll be using less of this unless playing around.
2017-9-24
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

jamesw Posted at 2017-9-24 05:59
Is it confirmed that the camera settings are locked in "Auto Mode" on IOS and Android?

Looks like it, with all the countdown and such, I think there's no allowance to do any manual adjustments. Also the video is automatically recorded.
2017-9-24
Use props
jamesw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

That's pretty lame. They should give us the option to go have camera be set in auto or set it manually.

A question about auto camera settings:   I like shooting MANUAL with 30 FPS/60 Shutter/100 ISO + ND 16 Filter. If the lighting conditions are right, is there any chance that auto mode will be close to my preferred manual settings? or is Auto camera always going to push the Shutter speed and increase the ISO or some other funky auto setting?

2017-9-28
Use props
jimmylee
First Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the idea of the quickshot a lot but would rather have manual control of camera.

Also it only takes video when moving away from object.  It should take video moving forward also.

Is there anyway to override the settings?
2017-9-28
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

jamesw Posted at 2017-9-28 06:24
That's pretty lame. They should give us the option to go have camera be set in auto or set it manually.

A question about auto camera settings:   I like shooting MANUAL with 30 FPS/60 Shutter/100 ISO + ND 16 Filter. If the lighting conditions are right, is there any chance that auto mode will be close to my preferred manual settings? or is Auto camera always going to push the Shutter speed and increase the ISO or some other funky auto setting?

Yes I agree with the auto/manual option. Simply in the camera settings, QuickShot Mode: [auto/current]. Edited (removed manual from the list): [Auto] will let it do its thing, [Current], if it's currently on manual, leave it alone else proceed with auto.

Unfortunately depending on the light conditions, the ISO/Shutter auto settings will be totally different from what you've set manually once it goes auto.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules