Gimbal screeching and vibrating after Firmware update
1304 6 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andjonske
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104331 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic Pro was perfect. No problems whatsoever.  I have update the firmware, to the latest (01.04.0000) and now the ginbal is crazy.  It is screechind someehting awful, and vibrating.  It will not level.  If I rotate the camera down, it stops making the awful noise, and holds level.  As soon as I rotate back up, though, it starts again. I have tried calibrating, but I get the message that it has failed.  WTF?
2017-9-23
Use props
Andjonske
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-9-23
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Feel like resetting your camera settings?   There are some rumblings that it sometimes helps with the gimbal freakout issue.  I'm still wondering if there's something to the gimbal acting weird and stored cam settings across FW udates.  I have no technical reason for saying this...just playing a hunch.

LP
2017-9-23
Use props
Andjonske
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks. What settings do you mean?
2017-9-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Andjonske Posted at 2017-9-23 03:43
Thanks. What settings do you mean?

Go into the camera settings in the DJI GO 4 app and tap on Reset Camera with everything turned on. Then restart the RC, app and Mavic. If that does not fix the problem, then you may need to use Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware in both the RC and Mavic in case there was a glitch in the previous update.
2017-9-23
Use props
Andjonske
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-23 21:26
Go into the camera settings in the DJI GO 4 app and tap on Reset Camera with everything turned on. Then restart the RC, app and Mavic. If that does not fix the problem, then you may need to use Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware in both the RC and Mavic in case there was a glitch in the previous update.

Thank you for that.  I worked out what LeafPeeper meant, after my last post.  I have reset everything and restarted.  No effect.  I have refreshed the firmware.  No effect.  I have also tried downgrading, but I am only able to go back to v.3.1.1000 - which is the one  that introduced the problem in the first place. Aaaargh!
2017-9-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Andjonske Posted at 2017-9-25 04:09
Thank you for that.  I worked out what LeafPeeper meant, after my last post.  I have reset everything and restarted.  No effect.  I have refreshed the firmware.  No effect.  I have also tried downgrading, but I am only able to go back to v.3.1.1000 - which is the one  that introduced the problem in the first place. Aaaargh!

As a last resort, do a factory reset on the Mavic through Assistant 2, then do an update to the latest firmware.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules