Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark - Maiden Flight!
811 7 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

OK so I am a newbie, and only bought my first camera drone (Spark, of course) 5 weeks ago. Since then, a combo of bad weather and weekends away has stopped me from having a first flight - till today.

WOW! I am totally hooked already. I am glad that I spent a few weeks playing with a cheap toy drone (Walkera Ladybird V2), because controlling the Spark is a breeze by comparison, with its GPS lock and freeze-in-place when I let go of the sticks. But it still meant I could instinctively fly it, even when pointing in a direction other than directly away from me!

Three dead batteries on the recharger - hope to be back up in the air soon!

Brian
2017-9-23
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done Brian, hope you get more flights soon with our unpredictable weather, I think tomorrow is a good day too.  Hope to see some of your video work soon.
2017-9-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it is working out for you.  Have fun!
2017-9-23
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-23 09:29
Well done Brian, hope you get more flights soon with our unpredictable weather, I think tomorrow is a good day too.  Hope to see some of your video work soon.

So tempted to go back out again now that all three batteries are fully charged! But then again, it's getting a bit dark for photos and video. Tomorrow is another day! :-)

Brian
2017-9-23
Use props
Biowizard
lvl.1
United Kingdom

PS: Very pleased I opted for the "Fly More" package, plus an extra (extra) battery, brining my count to three. If you start charging a dead one moment it comes off the Spark, with three, you can almost have continuous flight. Maybe a 10 minute break every three batteries - but that's no bad thing!

Brian
2017-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Sincere congratulations! I had exactly the same feelings during my maiden flight with the Spark. So I wish you always "Happy Landings"!
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Glad to hear, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules