Android App / Ground Station
1408 1 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mguti
New

Argentina

Hi everyone!!

I'm very exited with the opportunities offered by the Ground Station capabilities in order to perform some technical analyses with the Phantom 2 Vision + platform.

But I find some problems (or restrictions) which in my opinion will be take into account in the future releases of the app to improve this tool.

1. Accuracy. Mark very accurate points in a 5'' or 7'' screen is near to impossible, not only for position, the scroll to fix the altitude is sometimes "unless-controllable". In a 10'' is better but sometimes I think could be the capability to make flight plans in a PC (mouse, large screen, numerical edition for coordinates, etc.) and then generate a .txt file with whole information which app reads and passes to my PV2+.

2. Export/Import Flight Plans. If you want to make the same Flight Plan in time (for example each week, for a pseudo time elapsed film for a building construction), the capability of generate the mentioned .txt file, should be great!!

3. Action/s when point is reached. Sometimes should be great to previously define specific actions (take picture/s, start/stop film record, oriented nose to specific angle, etc) when each point of flight plan is reached. Maybe predefined actions sequence (not only an action) should be able to develop in each point.

4. Time/charge calculator. After complete Flight Plan (before execute it), is very important to have a Time calculator, in order to know if it is possible to do this Flight Plan with the battery charge.

I hope in the near future this requirements will be availables!!

Martin

2014-10-20
Use props
pecodiver
New

Mexico

Excellent, I support your ideas for the ground station functions, I also add the possibility to setup the speed from one point to another. This could be as friendly as, after trace the complete path (usually a polygon), redraw it as a horizontal flat line showing the different points, and then left the possibility to drag their intermediate points to increase/decrease the speed, altitude, camera tilt, nose orientation and camera actions. Everything in a flat TXT file in order to be able to review, modify, save and reuse the flight plan.

2014-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules