Fat Shark headset
1955 12 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnnaMikk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43573 ft
United States

Anyone using Fat Sharks with there I 1 Pro, is it possible to use them?
2017-9-23
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yep. Dominator HD v3 connected via HDMI to Crystal Sky Monitor. Works perfect.
2017-9-23
Use props
AnnaMikk
lvl.2
United States

Can you do head tracking?
2017-9-23
Use props
AnnaMikk
lvl.2
United States

Fat Shark headset

Can you do head tracking with any of the Fat Shark headsets? Is there extra accessories I need, and do they show the app screen
Like battery level etc?
2017-9-23
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AnnaMikk Posted at 2017-9-23 10:27
Can you do head tracking?

No, just watching.
2017-9-23
Use props
AnnaMikk
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I was researching the Fat Shark site and they offer a head tracking add on, I have contacted them to see if it is something that is available for a headset that can be used for the Inspire 1 Pro.
2017-9-23
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the FatShark HD V3. They are only good for viewing via HDMI. Be sure to enable the output on the I1 remote.I did sell the Fatsharks and now have the DJI goggles. Again, you can only view with them via HDMI for the I1. I also have the Mavic and now the goggles come to life.
2017-9-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-9-25 10:29
I had the FatShark HD V3. They are only good for viewing via HDMI. Be sure to enable the output on the I1 remote.I did sell the Fatsharks and now have the DJI goggles. Again, you can only view with them via HDMI for the I1. I also have the Mavic and now the goggles come to life.

Do the DJI goggles have the head tracking feature  ?  Also do you feel the Mavic works better than the Inspire 1 for using the  DJI Goggles.

Thanks

donnie
2017-9-26
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-26 05:20
Do the DJI goggles have the head tracking feature  ?  Also do you feel the Mavic works better than the Inspire 1 for using the  DJI Goggles.

Thanks

Dji goggles have head tracking for the Mavic. My daughter loves that part. The inspire 1 is only for viewing. They rely do give you a fantastic image. I have heard a lot of complaints from users that wear glasses though. Lots of trouble with the focal distance and needing different reading glasses. The focus point is the same as holding a book 10 inches from your eyes. The only thing I lied better about the Fatsharks was the cooling fan. I am the type that sweats from watching others exercise so my goggles tend to get steamy.
2017-9-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-9-26 11:56
Dji goggles have head tracking for the Mavic. My daughter loves that part. The inspire 1 is only for viewing. They rely do give you a fantastic image. I have heard a lot of complaints from users that wear glasses though. Lots of trouble with the focal distance and needing different reading glasses. The focus point is the same as holding a book 10 inches from your eyes. The only thing I lied better about the Fatsharks was the cooling fan. I am the type that sweats from watching others exercise so my goggles tend to get steamy.

Thank you for the information .

donnie
2017-9-27
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-27 04:43
Thank you for the information .

donnie

Donnie, I got the goggles for about a week and just couldn't hold them on my head it was impossible no matter how I adjusted I guess I'm a freak, couldn't fly with them. The image however is really nice, su I'm really bummed. They do not do head tracking with the i1 which is also a bummer as I control the gimbal or direction with the Litchi App FPV mode, though the image is not at all as cool as the DJI goggles.
2017-12-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-6 13:23
Donnie, I got the goggles for about a week and just couldn't hold them on my head it was impossible no matter how I adjusted I guess I'm a freak, couldn't fly with them. The image however is really nice, su I'm really bummed. They do not do head tracking with the i1 which is also a bummer as I control the gimbal or direction with the Litchi App FPV mode, though the image is not at all as cool as the DJI goggles.

I had tried a pair of Zeiss  Cinemizers and had similar issues , I love the idea but I don't think they have it perfected quite yet .  Thank you for the information .

donnie
2017-12-7
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I'm going to try the EPSON BT300 FPVs, they seem very cool, and at least them fitting on my head won't be a problem and they have the added plus of allowing you to keep LOS with the AC, they can either be the tits or totally confusing, that remains to be "seen", the price is what has me thinking maybe I can spend the money on folding props instead, what is keeping me from flying more often is the dread of the setup, but now I got a great landing position backpack the Bestem InsPak that was incredibly cheap considering that they were $250 when they first came out and now $89 direct from the company, you might want to look into it if you don't have one already, with it I already have the camera mounted always and if I get the folding props it'll be like a big freakin Mavic LOL. Good to hear from you. If I don't see you before, have a wonderful holiday season
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules