Radio Frequency Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

A couple months go I purchased a fairly large field monitor and a battery for it so that I could send the video feed from the I2's HDMI output on the radio controller. It works great.

More recently, I purchased a Vaxis wireless video transmission system, which I've not yet used, that offers 10 channels running between 5.1 and 5.9 MHz.  Understanding that the I2 and controller use 2.4MHz and 5.8Mhz, am I limited to the use of the 2.4MHz band when I fly in order to avoid a conflict with the wireless video transmission System?

I assume that the 5.1 to 5.9MHz range will correlate, roughly, to the ascending (or descending) channel number.   If I'm correct about that and I can determine where within that frequency range the various channels in the video transmission system operate would it be safe to use the 5MHz band on the low end of it's range while controlling the aircraft at 5.8MHz?

Yeah, I know, I should have stayed in college.
2017-9-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Short answer is I doubt if the channel numbers will agree between the monitor and DJI.

I ran into that problem on the 2.4 GHz band where even though the wireless flash triggers and DJI were both in same frequency 2.4 Ghz band, the channels do not match.  DJI channel 19 was the same as channel 13 on the flash triggers, as I recall.  Plus, the DJI individual channel frequency was much wider than that of the triggers too so some bleed-over was also an issue unless I knew exactly what they were both using.  The trigger maker supplied me with their channel frequencies so I could sort it out along with the frequencies DJI uses as published on here or some Phantom forum elsewhere.

Found it here:  2.4 GHz channel frequecy listing.

2017-9-23
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-23 13:44
Short answer is I doubt if the channel numbers will agree between the monitor and DJI.

I ran into that problem on the 2.4 GHz band where even though the wireless flash triggers and DJI were both in same frequency 2.4 Ghz band, the channels do not match.  DJI channel 19 was the same as channel 13 on the flash triggers, as I recall.  Plus, the DJI individual channel frequency was much wider than that of the triggers too so some bleed-over was also an issue unless I knew exactly what they were both using.  The trigger maker supplied me with their channel frequencies so I could sort it out along with the frequencies DJI uses as published on here or some Phantom forum elsewhere.

Thanks for the response. I think that the signal coming from the Vaxis will be MUCH stronger than that from a flash trigger, in addition to being a continuous signal, rather than a burst signal.This Vaxis system is supposed to be functional to 1000ft.

I'm guessing that the lower part of the 5MHz frequency band of the Vaxis will be safe even if I continue to let the I2 remote controller function in 5.8 but it would be nice to know that even if they were on the same 5.8 frequency that their transmission characteristics were somehow different enough to not effect each other. I don't know that.

I've been keeping in mind that these wireless transmission systems were not designed with the idea of another transmission system in the same frequency range being right on top of them.  That just seems like a problem to me.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules