Spark Error: SD Card Does Not Support 4k
1742 13 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonBon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2067 ft
Canada

Well, after being very frustrated with my Spark loosing signal transmission after 100m, I decided to take it out to the country. I found a nice high spot with a clear shot over some farm fields. I was able to fly out to 1500m, but was still loosing/regaining image transmission after 300m...but thats ok. Still not sure what's causing the short transmission loss near my home. I live in a very small, lakeside community. Not a city centre with lots if signal interference...hmmm?

The one thing I did notice was an error/warning pop up on the screen saying something along the lines of...'SD card does not support 4K recording' then stopped recording.
When I played back the flight log, it didn't show up.

What gives?
Has anybody else seen this message?

Thanks

2017-9-23
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11522 ft
United States

Odd.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Spark supports 4k anyway.
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

M1dn1ght N1nj4 Posted at 2017-9-23 15:43
Odd.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Spark supports 4k anyway.

It does for photos, not for video though.
2017-9-23
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11522 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 15:47
It does for photos, not for video though.

Sorry, yeah, I meant video.  But that's strange it would say the SD card doesn't support 4k.  Of course it does, the only limitation is the FAT32 fs has a 4GB file size limit, but that doesn't prevent a 4k video from recording.  Maybe the SDcard needs formatted clean again, and start over?
2017-9-23
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Canada

M1dn1ght N1nj4 Posted at 2017-9-23 17:00
Sorry, yeah, I meant video.  But that's strange it would say the SD card doesn't support 4k.  Of course it does, the only limitation is the FAT32 fs has a 4GB file size limit, but that doesn't prevent a 4k video from recording.  Maybe the SDcard needs formatted clean again, and start over?

I thought it was strange too. I was hoping it would show up on the flight log so I could post it.
I'm going to format the card as you suggested.
Thanks
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JonBon Posted at 2017-9-23 17:35
I thought it was strange too. I was hoping it would show up on the flight log so I could post it.
I'm going to format the card as you suggested.
Thanks

For the image transmission issue, may I know what mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP, then run it when your phone is in the airplane mode?
2017-9-24
Use props
willoneal
lvl.1
United States

That error is telling you your SD Card can't be written to fast enough to support the video stream trying to get written to it. And when that happens, the video will stop recording. I had it happen to me with SanDisk UItra Class 10 card which should have had no problem at all supporting it. As soon as I switched out the card (with another equal card), the on screen error went away and the video no longer stopped recording mid-stream of my flights.
2017-9-25
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

There have been cases here in Germany of the SD Card being counterfeit or the chips being swapped for inferior quality chips.
2017-9-25
Use props
ryan1428
lvl.2
Turkey

Had same problem. Said sd card was too slow to support 4k. Not sure what specs are needed. Keep having problems with sd cards from ebay. like BobD said,prolly counterfeit . Went to the store and bought the most expensive card they had. prolly overpaid ....but having way too many problems with this drone too research it.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Most likely the SD card is not compatible with that file size. Please consider shooting in a lower photo size.
2017-9-25
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-24 23:14
For the image transmission issue, may I know what mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP, then run it when your phone is in the airplane mode?

Hi,
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S7.
I have reinstalled the APP, but have not tried using the device in airplane mode.
I will try this evening.
Thank you.
2017-9-25
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Canada

willoneal Posted at 2017-9-25 04:03
That error is telling you your SD Card can't be written to fast enough to support the video stream trying to get written to it. And when that happens, the video will stop recording. I had it happen to me with SanDisk UItra Class 10 card which should have had no problem at all supporting it. As soon as I switched out the card (with another equal card), the on screen error went away and the video no longer stopped recording mid-stream of my flights.

I am using a SanDisk Ultra. I'm not sure of the size or the class.
Which card did you swap to?
Thanks
2017-9-25
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Canada

BobD Posted at 2017-9-25 06:01
There have been cases here in Germany of the SD Card being counterfeit or the chips being swapped for inferior quality chips.

Using a SanDisk card.
Hopefully not a counterfeit.
2017-9-25
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Canada

ryan1428 Posted at 2017-9-25 08:44
Had same problem. Said sd card was too slow to support 4k. Not sure what specs are needed. Keep having problems with sd cards from ebay. like BobD said,prolly counterfeit . Went to the store and bought the most expensive card they had. prolly overpaid ....but having way too many problems with this drone too research it.

I'm more confused as to why it's even mentioning 4k while I'm recording video.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules