Is Samy S8+/Note8 poor man's Crystal Sky?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I have recently come across Note 8 launch as it causes a stir in the mobile phone world. I don't care about phone anymore, middle of the road and long battery life are my only requirements. However, I have ever in a quest to improve on seeing properly video feed from DJI Go app in outdoor environment. Best solution at the moment, perhaps, crystal sky monitor with 1000/2000nits or Ninji Inferno monitor etc. What caught my eyes is S8+ and note 8 brightness figures, s8+ is 1000nits and note 8 is 1240nits. So it is comparable to crystal sky high brightness model. Ultra brightness model is claimed to be 2000nits. Crystal sky has its own short coming being proprietary and restricting from any third party apps. Has anyone tested S8+/note 8 resolution and brightness in the field? Is it an alternative for field use?
2017-9-23
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I don't know about "poor man's" Crystal sky, from what I've seen it's about the same price but at least with the Note 8 you can use other apps and easily swap between drones/controllers. DTK, I think you should get one and review it for us, I'd love to hear your opinion on this new device.
After your review, if you don't like it you can sell it to me cheap. {:4_181:}

Mark G.
2017-9-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

I am doing tons of research at the moment. 80% chance of buying it. Heard in the forum that it was not playing well with go app back in March. Then in July, someone said it is working. I am a bit confused.
2017-9-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DTK Posted at 2017-9-24 05:58
I am doing tons of research at the moment. 80% chance of buying it. Heard in the forum that it was not playing well with go app back in March. Then in July, someone said it is working. I am a bit confused.

Nvidia K1 was playing up with DJI Go app for a while, more so with Android 7, this seems to be working flawlessly now.
I like the look of the Note 8 but it has some price tag on it. CrystalSky looks nice but it has some limitations.All academic at the moment because I can afford neither.
Keep us posted if you get one.

Mark G.
2017-9-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

DEAR DJI, it seems DJI Go 4 is now compatible with S8 and DJI Go before 4 is not. What is the latest status, please? Is there a differential treatment for the older hardware? DJI Go app is on version 3.1.10 while Go 4 is 4.1.9. It seems DJI is not catching up with Android pace. S8 was first launched in Mar 2017 which is 6 months ago.
2017-9-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Just came back from Android store for a research of DJI Go and DJI Go 4 apps. The comments there are savage and negative. DJI Go definitely not working with S8/S8+/note 8 unless DJI says otherwise. But even DJI Go 4 does not get very positively response from users. DJI should take a lead as the world major drone/ technology company and take a in depth look at the software development effort. So I guess for this point in time, there is no go for S8, period.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DTK, sorry that Samsung S8 is not in our compatible list of DJI Go, I will forward your request to our engineers for confirmation. Hope will get the response soon.
2017-9-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-25 01:21
DTK, sorry that Samsung S8 is not in our compatible list of DJI Go, I will forward your request to our engineers for confirmation. Hope will get the response soon.

Can you add the link of compatible phones and monitors for everyone to see vs the various DJI products.
2017-9-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

It seems the list has not been updated for a long time. I don't see any recent released android phone
inspire One
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-25 07:45
Can you add the link of compatible phones and monitors for everyone to see vs the various DJI products.

For DJI Go 4, the list in our website hasn't been updated, please check the latest list in APP Stores---DJI Go 4 release info.
DTK has posted the list of DJI Go: http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Kevin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Hong Kong

S8+/Note8 will be supported with the next version of DJI GO.
2017-9-29
Use props
Ant79
New
Flight distance : 10 ft
Australia

DJI-Kevin Posted at 2017-9-29 03:06
S8+/Note8 will be supported with the next version of DJI GO.

Hi DJI-Kevin.  Are you able to advise when the next DJI GO version will be coming out?
2017-9-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I sincerely hope that it will not be after S9 which will be early next year. I would suggest DJI to always work closely with mobile manufacturers in order to produce update that will work with latest mobile phones. It always a catching up game, it will not like now that we are 1 or 2 generation behind. I am sure manufacturer will provide their screen requirements in order to have DJI work perfectly. You just have to ask.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules