Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest Firmware Update has ruined my Phantom 3 Pro
11839 14 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Natalie Mcsplat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35325 ft
United Kingdom

Firstly it important to understand I am not a noob and have done an awful lot to try to rectify the issues I am getting at the moment since I upgraded last week...

1) The first big change was a black camera view when going on the DJI Go App before 4. Basically what is happening is I boot up all elements as usual and when I turn on the App there is a black screen with DJI logo in the middle where there should be a view of what the camera sees. There was never an issue before the upgrade (on any of the different devices I used for working the App).
2) I tried to downgrade using the DJI Go App to either of the older versions available, a success but no change to the view in the DJI Go App. Now my controller starts incessantly beeping and red flashing light where there should be a green. I fully charge it, when it turns on, incessant beeping and same flashing red light. I try to recalibrate controller, the App says turn off Aircraft I turn off the aircraft, try to recalibrate, same message turn off the aircraft, the aircraft is off! Can't recalibrate - Still a red flashing light and... Beeping.
3) I uninstall Dji Go App and reinstall so I can try to recalibrate. I get a brand new screen in the controller menu that I've never seen before Asking me to set remote control function - Off, Master or Slave (as well as password) I have searched and this isn't a screen anyone has mentioned before. I go to controller calibration, still doesn't allow for calibration as I'm connected to the Aircraft (I'm not).
4) I re-update the firmare and go to About in the App to find the latest settings and these are they:
App 3.1.11
Version 1.2.0.12
Remote Controller 1.7.60+
5) Now, when I try to log on using the App, I now have to pick Phantom 3 Pro (which doesn't come on with a blue camera icon - it's still grey) and then I come back out to the home page to look at firmare (as when I get to the control screen in the App it says firmware needs updating) so I press the home button and now the App thinks it's an Inspire it's connected to... Blue Camera Icon and all!!! The Aircraft suggests it is connected to the controller by the green light at the back of the gimble but no sign of that in the App as it's as good as useless... And, yes I have tried a manual firmare upgrade, the old way before firmware was upgraded by the App.

I could probably go to Litchi I know but the beeping won't be fixed by that and to be honest I'm a little wary as the DJI Go App has already fudged up it seems...

I use drones professionally after having a series of connectivity and flight distance issues early on with the Phantom 3 4k which I sold just 3 weeks ago for this Professional model, I got about 8 hours of perfect flight time (long distance, great camera connectivity and excellent camera shots) before installing the firmware and have not been able to use it since.

DJI what can be done??? The incessant beeping is seriously annoying!

Regards,

Natalie

2017-9-23
Use props
Fly356
lvl.1
Australia

The latest update, v1.11.20 updated the aircraft, the controller, also needed the app updated, the controller relinked to the aircraft, the IMU recalibrated. So basically everything needs to be updated.

I initially had a problem similar to yours, there was no camera view on the app.I don't recall if the controller was beeping but the normally green light was red, that was fixed in part by updating the controller firmware which was done through the app. I did think that I needed to physically connect to the controller to update but it was achieved through the app as mentioned but I still had a red light and no image though everything else looked ok. As I'd updated everything I was somewhat perplexed but fixed it by relinking the aircraft to the controller, something I'd never done before. It still didn't fly, needed the IMU recalibrated. Once that was done I was green lit to fly... almost, then had ESC error. That wasn't good, possible physical damage. I then decided to start from scratch and rather than adding the firmware to the SD card as I'd done, I formatted the the SD card on my computer and reloaded the firmware update onto it. I'm not sure if then updating on the aircraft when it has the current firmware does anything but at least there was nothing else on the card to confuse it. Anyway, after all that and some hours out of my life,  I finally had lift off, too bad it is too windy now to do the task I needed to do before heading off for a couple of days. But not unusual for me these days, I'll charge up batteries head off somewhere only to find something needs updating and I cant fly.

Hopefully something in this might help.
2017-9-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Natalie,

Your P3 Pro firmware and app appear to be seriously out of date.  You will have to deal with this problem systematically.  Fly356 is providing you with some good information and as the post noted the problem was resolved.  Be sure you are using the DJI GO app and not the DJI GO 4 app.  All the downloads are available from the P3Pro web page at DJI.

There is some more basic information we will need.  What is your device?  Is it iOS or Android?  There are great differences in version numbers between the two.  Is your computer Mac or PC?  Even the format type used to format your SD card can make a difference.

Download the Release Notes from last July to see what the version numbers are for all parts of your system.  It is available at this link (but you should become familiar with the downloads page);

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Release+Notes_.pdf

There is also the PhantomHelp.com web site.  It is amazingly helpful;

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/

The incessant beeping is so you do not fly your Phantom.  Turn it off unless you are going to solve  a problem.  Good thing you did not try Litchi.  It is a tenet of Litchi that the DJI product has to be up-to-date in order for Litchi to work properly.

When you get the answers to these questions, post them with the "reply" in this post box.  That way I will know you are ready to proceed.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-24
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

hi natalie,do you have ios or android?i agree with the others here,seems your firmware is not up to date.
2017-9-24
Use props
Natalie Mcsplat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm on Android, using the products before 4 app, not the Phantom 4 app, I'll try to reload manually the firmware rather than using the App (as the app thinks that the AC is an inspire) maybe this will rectify one of the problems...

I still have the blank camera view in the app as a major issue
2017-9-24
Use props
Natalie Mcsplat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

P.S. Thanks everso for getting back to me
2017-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Do you know someone with an iOS device, iPhone or iPad?
Have them load the app, and you could see if that works any better.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Natalie Mcsplat Posted at 2017-9-24 23:50
P.S. Thanks everso for getting back to me

Aloha Natalie,

What RedHot posted (#7) is not really a dig at Android.  It really is a test to see if it makes a difference.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I agree that your numbers are off. Like Fly356 mentioned, sometimes if you don't get a completed install on both your aircraft and RC you will have issues. I have a P3A and although you are supposed to upgrade with you app, I still prefer to download the .bin file to my sd-card and upgrade my aircraft using the sd-card first, and then of course using the app to upgrade the RC. In my opinion if your RC get upgraded first, it cannot communicate with your aircraft now, and you are out of luck. The red light on your RC is verifying there is no link between the two. Try with the sd-card, leaving your RC off, and let it take as long as necessary to complete and you hear the D-DD and light on gimbal/camera is green. There are different responses as to how long it should take, and some have got tired of waiting and shut it off before it is done.....big mistake too. Start with fully charged battery and let it go. Might take 15 minutes up to an hour. Good luck to you.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Oso, a respected member on the other site, writes in a post:

> AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .87175/#post-901549

Since you are posting that you have AC FW 1.2.0.12 and RC FW 1.7.60+, it appears you have an encryption mismatch.
2017-9-25
Use props
Citi Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379413 ft
United States

I use a iPad mini 4 I have never had a problem after doing any firmware updates. From the forum post it seems like a majority of problems are on android devices.
2017-9-26
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.1

Portugal

Finally someone notice this...

Receive a new P3A on August all new V2 board and engines...after 8flights, fall from sky with esc errors..

Last week, receive a new one everything new.

Conected and........nothing. RC Link mad contact but with green/red light. Against my decision had to update the RC to 1.9.

Problems:
- I notice a "jump" from my old 1.4fw to last one 1.11....
- Using my old 2.7.2 app, i get some warnings errors, but the worse was testing the drone a few cm above ground, and i couldnt fly more then 30m.
No beguinner mode or any kind of limitation was on.
- Original battery, at 30% start beeping and landing. Fortunaly i was on control and near me.
- NON original battery, when changing from P-mode, the drone just shutdown and fall on floor. Luckly and again, a few cm above small bushes, nothing happen.
- Some warnings about compass errors and esc errors appear sometimes....

In conclusion: Receive a new drone but this last draconian fw screw everything....
Im a poweruser with more 2 years flight and about 200 flights.

At this moment, the confidence in flight is lost: A esc error or battery error can appear at any moment, due to this insane control from DJI...

Finally, i did install on my wife phone last version app. Everything seems to go correctly, even my non DJI battery, but even so, i have a bad feeling, again that something wrong and out of my control can happen...

I miss my old P3....not this (new) one.
2017-9-27
Use props
Natalie Mcsplat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, after what seems a while I need to tie this story up (sort of)... I spent an evening on the DJI customer Support with a nice chap in the Netherlands and after a few hours of to ing and fro ing of data, logs and let's try this next we both came to the conclusion that the controller was FUBAR.
Now the next bit worried me as the turnaround time and some feedback wasn't good for DJI customer services but I bit the bullet and sent off my controller to the Netherlands (I'm in the UK) to be fixed... From sending to returning just 8 days!!! Amazing, considering that I had heard of timescales like 2-3 months spoken about, what was even more AMAZING was it wasn't my old controller that returned but a brand new shiny controller! Awesome, now all that's needed is sorting out some of the software glitches like the DJI GO app and life will be good... I rolled back to the .08 version not the .18 and it works just fine, firmware too - Happy Days
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Natalie Mcsplat Posted at 2017-10-29 23:23
So, after what seems a while I need to tie this story up (sort of)... I spent an evening on the DJI customer Support with a nice chap in the Netherlands and after a few hours of to ing and fro ing of data, logs and let's try this next we both came to the conclusion that the controller was FUBAR.
Now the next bit worried me as the turnaround time and some feedback wasn't good for DJI customer services but I bit the bullet and sent off my controller to the Netherlands (I'm in the UK) to be fixed... From sending to returning just 8 days!!! Amazing, considering that I had heard of timescales like 2-3 months spoken about, what was even more AMAZING was it wasn't my old controller that returned but a brand new shiny controller! Awesome, now all that's needed is sorting out some of the software glitches like the DJI GO app and life will be good... I rolled back to the .08 version not the .18 and it works just fine, firmware too - Happy Days

Glad to hear that, thanks for your update, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-10-30
Use props
fansdcb5b74f
New

United States

Just finished updating my Phantom 3 Pro craft, controller  and batteries. Had trouble at first drone did not want to take update. camera view black screen after update. Trouble finding the successful file after update. Must have gone through the update 10 times before finding the successful file located in subfolder MISC/LOG/P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt. After reading this file I noticed that I had successfully update the craft 10 imes. LOL. The camera started working after all calerbrations were finished. Sometimes after starting craft, Go App and Controller the camer would still be quit dark. Adjusting the brightness dial ( on right side of controller) resolved. Kelp getting Batery update required alert, simply restarted craft leaving micro disk in gimble. confirmed alert cleared via GO App and checked battery status. powere down craft and change to next battery that require update and power on craft. repeat till all batteries are updated. Go Flying! Have fun!
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules