892 8 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay.  Been flying for over 15 years, today my first tree impact.   So today, I had a brief fly-a-away (more like a controller latenency, which cause me to over correct) incident that resulted in my Mavic backing into a tree where it currently remains (rear sensors a must for version 2.0).  Upon looking at the drone in the tree, I could see that one fo the arms is damaged.  I have the care plan with this drone.  Will the care plan cover this issue, once I get the drone down from the tree ("hope it does not rain");  But if it does rain, will this also be covered?  What say you experts?  
2017-9-23
Use props
H83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

Don’t have it myself but I believe the care plan would cover you for this! Even if it does rain..
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tom, don't worry, DJI Care Refresh will cover the water damage as long as you could get the drone down from the tree and send in, local repair team will take care of it.
2017-9-23
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-23 19:03
Tom, don't worry, DJI Care Refresh will over the water damage as long as you could get the drone down from the tree and send in, local repair team will take care of it.

Thanks for the feedback Mindy.   I feel a little better!
2017-9-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

i saw somebody get stuck in a palm tree they zip tie 2 long pieces of skinny bamboo together so it was about 40 ft long. they poked it and it came down on to a bush and didnt look hurt. it was pretty cool. ( lucky) good luck buddy
2017-9-24
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-9-24 06:02
i saw somebody get stuck in a palm tree they zip tie 2 long pieces of skinny bamboo together so it was about 40 ft long. they poked it and it came down on to a bush and didnt look hurt. it was pretty cool. ( lucky) good luck buddy

Might try something like that.  Thanks !
2017-9-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Think about your battery too. Refresh doesn't cover that, right?
2017-9-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

UAVTom Posted at 2017-9-24 09:59
Might try something like that.  Thanks !

nice ! i hope it works ! good luck keep us posted!   no i dont battery would be covered
2017-9-24
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Retrieved my drone today.  Finally built up the courage to climb 60 feet into a large pine tree as I could not find anyone willing to extract the drone with a bucket truck.  That said, so far the drone looks okay.  I will run full tests on it tomorrow.  
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules