Gimbal control issues ?
790 1 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pashas_dad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982723 ft
United States

Have had a recent problem with the gimbal control on my Spark. As I fly  and rotate slowly in yaw to shoot video, the resultant image doesn’t  stay level!  It behaves like it does in sport and/or FPV mode. It again  stabilizes with a 5-10 sec time constant.

Even when I attempt to do a 180 panorama, as the aircraft yaws (rotates)  to capture the 21 individual images, the horizon becomes un-level in  the image captures.  It slowly returns to level after about 5-10  seconds. Now it even frequently does not complete a 180 panorama and  gets “stuck” after the first image is grabbed and aborts.

I have all the latest firmware installed, recalibrated the IMU and  compass, and I have refreshed the aircraft firmware but nothing helps.  There is nothing obstructing the gimbal it works smoothly and can pitch  up and down with the thumb wheel control.
The best way to describe the problem is that it behaves like it’s in  sport or FPV mode with respect to the image not being stabilized during  slow yaws.

If it matters this was one of the first flights after receiving a  new/repaired RC (TX) after my RC USB port plug had been broken. I got it  sent back in Mode 1 !!! Didn't realize that until I almost crashed it before I realized the sticks were reversed !  
Is there possibly another RC setting I perhaps did not check?

Here's a link to a short video showing the tilting horizon issue:

2017_09_23_18_53_16.mp4

Can someone help?

2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Mindy replied your another thread, please check it.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules