Buying used I1 - different versions?
1574 14 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Privateer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117493 ft
United States

Hi all, I am looking at buyng a used I1 and in some of the lfro sale istings I see them listed as Inspire 1 and also Insprire 1.5.
Are there different versions of the I1 or is this just updated firmware?
If there are different versions, is there one that is better than the others? I've seen the different battery model numbers listed for sale with the aircraft is this an example of upgrades based on version or when it was built?
Thank you for your time.
2017-9-24
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=61989
2017-9-24
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

I did read that article before posting thanks though. So is there not really a version 1.5 then or am I just missing the reference in the article? Just seen a few for sale listing as version 1.5.
Thanks
2017-9-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Privateer Posted at 2017-9-24 05:21
I did read that article before posting thanks though. So is there not really a version 1.5 then or am I just missing the reference in the article? Just seen a few for sale listing as version 1.5.
Thanks

You want ideally to be version Inspire 1 Version 2.0.  this will have the upgraded motors , speed controllers  (ESC ) and also have  the X5 vibration board will come with it  standard as well.  
I have never heard of a version 1.5  for the Inspire by the way , I would need to see what  the article says to figure ot what they mean by that .

This version 2.0  is slightly better as it has more powerful motors and the X5 vibration board BUT it depends on a couple factors , If you NEVER intend to get the heavier X5 camera than you may not need the bigger motors , depends on the price .  Also the resale is better on the later models because they have stronger motors and can upgrade to the X5.

Just depends on  the price of the unit was well.  I would get the Inspire 1 version 2.0 MYSLEF ( OR in your case you may wat a NEW Phanotm Pro or advanced )

Now one piece of advice .  You can get a Phantom Pro or Advanced to start off with New for the same price as a used Inspire  ( from what I have seen on pricing used Inspires ) and have a warranty .  If just stating out this is the route I would take .

Battereis etc :

The batteries will be listed as models T 47 and / T -48   The T-48 are more expensive but give longer flight times .  When purchasing batteries make sure they are not at the end of their useful loves , they estimate about 100 cycles for a reliable battery pack , though I have heard them lasting longer if taken care of and cycled regularly . I would have the person you are getting it from test fly it and show you all is working , Make sure you get LIVE video to the App as well from the AC .  

If you do get the Inspire , find out if it has been updated.  And do NOT update till you know what you are doing , read the manual and also I have a tips page that will help you , If you need it send me a Personal message or shoot me a post .  
**** I did a quick google search of Inspire 1.5 and the ones I found listed are  CHEAP JUNK REPLICA RIPOFF of the Inspire 1 and 2 , Not even in the same ballpark as DJI systems , I would stay far away from that .  DJI makes the best product out there.  

good luck

donnie

2017-9-24
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-24 06:16
You want ideally to be version Inspire 1 Version 2.0.  this will have the upgraded motors and also the X5 vibration board will come with it as well.  
I have never heard of a version 1.5  for the Inspire by the way , I would need to see what  the article says to figure ot what they mean by that .

Thank you
I do have a P4P I have flown for a bit (not sure why my flight distance/level doesn't reflect that) I am wanting to just add an additional unit for filming etc. and I feel there are some good deals locally, they are however just the V1 models with lots of extra's. Definitely staying away from imitation models. Also I was about to look at the battery cycle life, thanks for that.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Privateer, sorry that there is no Inspire 1.5 version, just Inspire V1.0 and V2.0. Donnie has explained the difference.
As for different camera, there are also Inspire Pro (X5) and Inspire RAW (X5R), while the aircraft body is Inspire1 V2.0.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-25 00:55
Privateer, sorry that there is no Inspire 1.5 version, just Inspire V1.0 and V2.0. Donnie has explained the difference.
As for different camera, there are also Inspire Pro (X5) and Inspire RAW (X5R), while the aircraft body is Inspire1 V2.0.

Hi Mindy,

Does the I1 V2 have upgraded ESC's or are they the same as in the I1?

Mark G.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-25 04:01
Hi Mindy,

Does the I1 V2 have upgraded ESC's or are they the same as in the I1?

Hi, Mark. The power system of Inspire V2.0 was much improved than V1.0 including ESC.
2017-9-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-26 01:56
Hi, Mark. The power system of Inspire V2.0 was much improved than V1.0 including ESC.

Thankyou Mindy.
2017-9-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Hi Mindy, you said the power is much improved on v2. Do you have any ball park figure. I have recently upgrade to X5 with my V1, 2 weeks ago. Yes, the flight characteristic is not good, rather sluggish. You feel that it takes, may be, half second to make a change of direction or initiate new action. Battery life is also shortened by a good 5 minutes.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DTK Posted at 2017-9-26 15:49
Hi Mindy, you said the power is much improved on v2. Do you have any ball park figure. I have recently upgrade to X5 with my V1, 2 weeks ago. Yes, the flight characteristic is not good, rather sluggish. You feel that it takes, may be, half second to make a change of direction or initiate new action. Battery life is also shortened by a good 5 minutes.

DTK, what is your previous camera? Please notice that X5 is heavier than X3 and it will affect the flight time. Can you tell me more detail about the bad performance so that I can help you solve the problem. Thanks.
2017-9-27
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-24 06:16
You want ideally to be version Inspire 1 Version 2.0.  this will have the upgraded motors , speed controllers  (ESC ) and also have  the X5 vibration board will come with it  standard as well.  

Thanks for the replies - especially Donnie
Based on that info I ended up purchasing a Inspire V1 with the X5 camera and 2 remotes, 3 batteries, misc items. I've flown it a couple times and my initial thoughts are:
It has a much shorter flight time than my P4P, it's a little louder, just like flying different size helicopters the larger mass definitely affects flight performance, otherwise really enjoying it. Also I do need to work on camera settings to really take advantage of what is possible, my initial pictures look really nice.
One big concern I have is that I have really good connection between RC and my P4P, then i fly the Inspire and I have weak/low signal. Not sure what's going on with this yet.
2017-9-27
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
United States

I thought I'd post the revision I'm running on the Inspire. I haven't updated yet based on what I've been reading on this site.

IMG_5333.JPG
2017-9-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Your craft is on the best FW version. No need to upgrade unless you are compelled to do so. It seems to be the most stable one.
2017-9-27
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Privateer Posted at 2017-9-27 12:29
Thanks for the replies - especially Donnie
Based on that info I ended up purchasing a Inspire V1 with the X5 camera and 2 remotes, 3 batteries, misc items. I've flown it a couple times and my initial thoughts are:
It has a much shorter flight time than my P4P, it's a little louder, just like flying different size helicopters the larger mass definitely affects flight performance, otherwise really enjoying it. Also I do need to work on camera settings to really take advantage of what is possible, my initial pictures look really nice.

I am assuming you are having video issues and NOT Control  signal issues  :
Here are a few tips for better video signal.

Make sure you are using a fast processor for the go app.  An  pad pro is ideal or an apple device with a A9 or A10 processor is the gold standard in my opinion.

Make sure on the go app's "HD" tab that you have the Channel select mode  to "auto"or try channel 20 in custom mode  and even more importantly - Be sure the bit rate below the channel selection is set to Max distance and not max performance. The video  range is significantly reduced and the Live video is hardly effected at all .  ( I dont see any difference myself )

Aso it is critical that the AC be facing you directly or facing directly away NOT sideways in relation to  the RC transmitter.  The antennas are in the Front and Back landing gear and you will loose range quickly when the AC is sideways . I notce this is critical on the Inspire and only slightly on My Phantom pro.

When you have a moment go over my tips page and give it a quick read, It gives tips that I have learned. Also there is a video just below my tips post that is very good and worth taking a couple minutes to view.
***For slighlty longer run times get the T -48 battery pack.  give about 5 min more flight time but there are many variables in flight time .

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie

2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules