I seem to be stuck in Flight data mode.
2188 12 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

I connected my Phnatom 3 Advanced as per instructions after accidently getting trapped in Flight Data Mode, Now the there is a message at the top of my flight screen saying " Restart Aircraft to exit flight data mode. I have done this several times bu to no avail. The gymbol is showing its disconnected but when I start the Aircraft the camera does it cycle fine. I cannot fly the Aircraft while Im stuck in flight Data mode. PLEEEEEEEEEEse help Im getting frustrated.

2017-9-24
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

I missed saying connected it to my laptop
2017-9-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-9-24 00:53
I missed saying connected it to my laptop

Try:
1. Disconnect AC from USB & Computer
2. Shut down Go App
3.Shut down AC
4. Shut down RC
5. Restart all in this sequence, RC/on > AC on > Connect USB to RC & Phone > Start App
2017-9-24
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-24 01:02
Try:
1. Disconnect AC from USB & Computer
2. Shut down Go App

Thanks QuadKid . I followed your instructions and I am now out of flight data mode   however now it shows the aircraft as disconnected and no matter what I do it cant seem to connect.
I should mention I updated the remote control but as yet haven't been able to update the aircraft or batteries
2017-10-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-10-2 00:37
Thanks QuadKid . I followed your instructions and I am now out of flight data mode   however now it shows the aircraft as disconnected and no matter what I do it cant seem to connect.
I should mention I updated the remote control but as yet haven't been able to update the aircraft or batteries

You probably have to re-link the RC to the AC after the update. try following this and see what happens

2017-10-2
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-2 00:47
You probably have to re-link the RC to the AC after the update. try following this and see what happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIqifYefow

Thanks again QuadKid, I followed the instructions and it found the aircraft, but then after about 5 seconds it says ati mode and loses the rc connection to the aircraft again. I think I will try to update the aircraft and battery and then repeat the steps. My problem now is my card reader for my laptop is broken so I have to purchase another card reader to perform the updates. I live in a remote area so it will take about a week for the new card reader to arrive. I will contact you again as to it being a success or not
2017-10-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-10-2 14:07
Thanks again QuadKid, I followed the instructions and it found the aircraft, but then after about 5 seconds it says ati mode and loses the rc connection to the aircraft again. I think I will try to update the aircraft and battery and then repeat the steps. My problem now is my card reader for my laptop is broken so I have to purchase another card reader to perform the updates. I live in a remote area so it will take about a week for the new card reader to arrive. I will contact you again as to it being a success or not

No Problem, make sure you have at least 15-16 satellites locked in before you fly, not having enough satellites hooked up or a non-calibrated compass will send the AC into Atti Mode as well.
2017-10-2
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-2 15:12
No Problem, make sure you have at least 15-16 satellites locked in before you fly, not having enough satellites hooked up or a non-calibrated compass will send the AC into Atti Mode as well.

Well QuadKid I have updated the Quad Copter and the batteries using the micro sd card. I have stayed connected to the aircraft but it wil not respond to any commands, (yellow flashing lights on rear lights) I realized all my problems started after I updated the RC from DJI using my iPad and internet connection. I have just read that  should my "HANTOM 3 remote controller firmware be below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. I have since tried to remedy this by using the micro sd card connected to  the usb port of the rc. It does not attempt to update. I believe that my rc may have the incorrect soft ware. SO next  Question, Can I some how clear the memory of the rc and start again.  
2017-10-12
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-10-12 16:50
Well QuadKid I have updated the Quad Copter and the batteries using the micro sd card. I have stayed connected to the aircraft but it wil not respond to any commands, (yellow flashing lights on rear lights) I realized all my problems started after I updated the RC from DJI using my iPad and internet connection. I have just read that  should my "PHANTOM 3 remote controller firmware be below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. I have since tried to remedy this by using the micro sd card connected to  the usb port of the rc. It does not attempt to update. I believe that my rc may have the incorrect soft ware. SO next  Question, Can I some how clear the memory of the rc and start again.

I would try using the Go App even if you are currently running 1.3.20.

"If the Remote Controller firmware version is lower than 1.3.20, update it to 1.3.20 using the USB interface (use either a USB flashdisk or USB SD card reader). If the Remote Controller firmware version is higher than 1.3.20, connect the app to upgrade."
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-10-12 16:50
Well QuadKid I have updated the Quad Copter and the batteries using the micro sd card. I have stayed connected to the aircraft but it wil not respond to any commands, (yellow flashing lights on rear lights) I realized all my problems started after I updated the RC from DJI using my iPad and internet connection. I have just read that  should my "PHANTOM 3 remote controller firmware be below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. I have since tried to remedy this by using the micro sd card connected to  the usb port of the rc. It does not attempt to update. I believe that my rc may have the incorrect soft ware. SO next  Question, Can I some how clear the memory of the rc and start again.

Please check whether the firmware of your RC is lower than 1.3.20. If yes, please update to the 1.3.20 version via SD card first. Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls5p0p ... 01.03.0020.zip?dl=0
2017-10-13
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 02:12
Please check whether the firmware of your RC is lower than 1.3.20. If yes, please update to the 1.3.20 version via SD card first. Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls5p0pvh1kpgtc5/P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.zip?dl=0

Hi there, As I have said when i connected my ipad to the RC after not having flown for awhile, I updated the app in is now version 3.1.15 it then said update RC (not sure what version I was using but it was at least 2 years old), so I did using the network connection through my iPad. I did not use the micro SD card . it was after going to the web site to update the aircraft and batteries that i read "do not update older versions of RC controller firmware if the "PHANTOM 3 remote controller firmware is below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. Unfortunately this is exactly what I have done. The version showing now for the RC is 1.9.2 . Since doing that I have had many problems.
Q: can I delete the RC memory version 1.9.2 and then update using micro SD card?
2017-10-19
Use props
EYE SKY
lvl.1
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-13 01:14
I would try using the Go App even if you are currently running 1.3.20.

"If the Remote Controller firmware version is lower than 1.3.20, update it to 1.3.20 using the USB interface (use either a USB flashdisk or USB SD card reader). If the Remote Controller firmware version is higher than 1.3.20, connect the app to upgrade."

Hi there, As I have said when i connected my ipad to the RC after not having flown for awhile, I updated the app in is now version 3.1.15 it then said update RC (not sure what version I was using but it was at least 2 years old), so I did using the network connection through my iPad. I did not use the micro SD card . it was after going to the web site to update the aircraft and batteries that i read "do not update older versions of RC controller firmware if the "PHANTOM 3 remote controller firmware is below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. Unfortunately this is exactly what I have done. The version showing now for the RC is 1.9.2 . Since doing that I have had many problems.
Q: can I delete the RC memory version 1.9.2 and then update using micro SD card?
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EYE SKY Posted at 2017-10-19 21:06
Hi there, As I have said when i connected my ipad to the RC after not having flown for awhile, I updated the app in is now version 3.1.15 it then said update RC (not sure what version I was using but it was at least 2 years old), so I did using the network connection through my iPad. I did not use the micro SD card  . it was after going to the web site to update the aircraft and batteries that i read "do not update older versions of RC controller firmware if the "PHANTOM 3 remote controller firmware is below v1.3.20 I should only update using the micro sd card. Unfortunately this is exactly what I have done. The version showing now for the RC is 1.9.2 . Since doing that I have had many problems.

If the controller firmware is lower than 1.3.20, you need a SD card to update to 1.3.20, then update to the latest firmware via DJI GO. According to your description, it seems that the update is successful, there is no need to update via SD card any more.

Click About in DJI GO to see whether the controller and aircraft firmware matched, then link RC.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules