Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark hovering up and down not stabilizing
12Next >
17626 57 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muo
New
Thailand

Hello everyone,

I need help!! I bought my spark a few weeks ago and I've been having this problem since the beggining. The spark doesn't stabilize while flying and goes up and down and not responding to the controller comands. This happens just some times (like every 5 flights) but totally random.
I have a video to show the problem (). By the way, I calibrated the compass, calibrated IMU, flying with +12 satelites, and the problem persists.
I use to have a Mavic Pro and had no problems at all!
Please let me know if anyone knows something!!
Thank you very much!!

2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like there is something wrong with your battery as some green light in battery is flashing. Did you update battery aswell with new firmware or put a different battery in the spark?
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Battery lights should not be flashing lije this , they should be steady and all on if fully loaded
2017-9-24
Use props
ped078
Second Officer
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

The lights aren't flashing, its camera shutter speed making it look that way...like when you look at a tv through a camera, its appears to flicker, but to the eye its not.
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It als could be the props not foldiing out properly. I once put white props on spark, which were not dji's. When i launched spark it also went up and down. So i take then off and put the spark props on again and it went fine. Check your props maybe
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or other option , do another imu, compass calibration in open space with no interference , even not cellphone, carkey or anything else metal
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or are the props check if maybe the props are at the wrong side?
2017-9-24
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Have you tried taking off from a different location and taking it a little  higher?    It almost looks like it's trying to land right back.
2017-9-24
Use props
Muo
New
Thailand

I've tried everything, taking off on different locations, calibrations with no metal, phone or any interference close, change props (in the correct side), change battery and even fly with phone or control... nothing really works... I'm thinking to take it back to DJI and change it for a Mavic Pro again...
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Muo Posted at 2017-9-24 06:12
I've tried everything, taking off on different locations, calibrations with no metal, phone or any interference close, change props (in the correct side), change battery and even fly with phone or control... nothing really works... I'm thinking to take it back to DJI and change it for a Mavic Pro again...

I would recommend to open a support ticket, export the blackbox and all flight data and send it to DJI. This is definitely not common behaviour of the Spark and can be solved one way or the other through DJI: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

If i could chose again i would not have bought this spark also the mavic i think. There are simply tooo many issues with the spark
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

If i could chose again i would not have bought this spark also the mavic i think. There are simply tooo many issues with the spark
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It might be indeed a crewed up imu
2017-9-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Screwed up
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Do you have spare props? If yes, please try to replace all the props with new props. If it persists, please contact the Support to send it in for diagnosis.
2017-9-24
Use props
fans90c76ee1
Flight distance : 29203 ft
Malaysia

I also faced this situation before, then I found out the props are not folded out properly.
Try to fold in all the props before taking off. Let the motor do the job, it works for me in this way.
2017-9-24
Use props
Muo
New
Thailand

Thank you all for your help! Tomorrow I'll try changing all props and I'll come back to you with the results. Hope everything I ok...
2017-9-25
Use props
JasonMY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182562 ft
Malaysia

It is not the propellers.  Look at my thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid974370
2017-9-26
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Contact DJI Support to check if there is a battery issue or other.
2017-9-26
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.4
United States

I had the same issue and it was my battery's FW. After the update so far no more issues.
2017-9-26
Use props
JonBon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2067 ft
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-26 11:05
Contact DJI Support to check if there is a battery issue or other.

Doesn't the software check the versions of firmware when the app is started...or is that just for the AC?
If that is the case, then calling them smart batteries...seems kinda dumb
2017-9-26
Use props
aswira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394108 ft
Indonesia

I have the exact same problem, is there a solution already?
2017-11-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

JonBon Posted at 2017-9-26 18:20
Doesn't the software check the versions of firmware when the app is started...or is that just for the AC?
If that is the case, then calling them smart batteries...seems kinda dumb

For AC and batteries it is always the safest and most comfortable to check firmware status with DJI Assistant. For the RC firmware it is only possible via WiFi internet connection.
2017-11-18
Use props
sibu
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Ok, i had exactly the same problem.
Dont worry, just update the Spark and RC software using DJI assistant 2 using ylur pc or laptop
2017-11-18
Use props
Bonnie Rijadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2221 ft
Indonesia

I had the same problem but after trial and error diagnosing,I found the troubles.I saw "the foot" of the propeller was broken.After change with the extra ones getting better.
IMG_20171225_075450.jpg
IMG_20171225_075723.jpg
2017-12-25
Use props
Tony Nguyen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1165686 ft
Vietnam

Hi, I had same problem with my spark. I tried to change the propeller, calibration IMU, check AC by Assistant DEV but cannot. Please support. Thanks
2018-5-15
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

update your firmware for all devices and it should turn ok.
2018-5-15
Use props
Tony Nguyen
lvl.3
Vietnam

S.J Posted at 2018-5-15 18:41
update your firmware for all devices and it should turn ok.

Thanks for reply
I already update new firmware for AC, RC, battery, install DJI GO 4 lastest version.
Check AC status in DJI GO : IMU, compass and other is normal but problem still happen

I use android cell phone
2018-5-15
Use props
S.J
Captain
Japan

Tony Nguyen Posted at 2018-5-15 20:11
Thanks for reply
I already update new firmware for AC, RC, battery, install DJI GO 4 lastest version.
Check AC status in DJI GO : IMU, compass and other is normal but problem still happen

Change the location for take off. . Did you try taking off at home ?

Also start the SPARK using the RC by shifting both the joysticks downwards diagonally. Don't use the mobile app for starting the SPARK.  Wait for few secs and gradually lift off. and post your results.Send also a screenshot of the ABOUT Page in the GO4 App menu.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. If you have the same problem and calibration does not help the situation. Please export the flight data and the black box for further analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and google for further check.
2018-5-16
Use props
Tony Nguyen
lvl.3
Vietnam

Very thanks for support
After trying but problem is same, I contact and sent my spark to service. Now I waiting the result from service center after that I will report in here
One more thanks
2018-5-17
Use props
Tony Nguyen
lvl.3
Vietnam

Hi all. After sent my spark to service and waiting, service center inform to me
1./- Two moter had problem and change it, but problem is same
2./- Now they inform to me attiude sensor not good and want to change, I can not understand because I did not see any alerts and warning in DJI GO before
Please support, I attach data here https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... n5vIWWz?usp=sharing
Thanks
2018-6-4
Use props
Chris Westland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3484 ft
United States

This is a quality control problem with the battery software / hardware.  I have four batteries for my Spark, and one that on the second firmware update started having this problem.   The other batteries work fine, and I did wait a couple of software update cycles to make sure this was the problem.  

I won't even bother to send this in for servicing; I'm certain the response will send me chasing my tail (the "we don't make mistakes" response) ... they will want to replace motors, sensors, anything but the battery.   

But I have a controlled testing environment, and with the other 3 batteries my motors and sensors are fine.  
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Chris Westland Posted at 2018-7-27 10:36
This is a quality control problem with the battery software / hardware.  I have four batteries for my Spark, and one that on the second firmware update started having this problem.   The other batteries work fine, and I did wait a couple of software update cycles to make sure this was the problem.  

I won't even bother to send this in for servicing; I'm certain the response will send me chasing my tail (the "we don't make mistakes" response) ... they will want to replace motors, sensors, anything but the battery.   

I think, a battery is/can be a trigger.
But there IS somwething wrong in the bird, too.
Why I think so?
I have 2 birds, rotating all my batteries on both of them.
One had never an issue like this, the other has issues.
It started with one bat.,  but after 6 month (and using the workaround of starting only with CSC and slowly), it "moved" to other batteries, too.
And:
The one Spark asked often for IMU calibration, needed a lot longer for GPS fix, forgot the GPS-position between batterie changes and so on.
I just see big differences in this, from on to the other Spark, so I think:
That is part of it,  thee main power controller is involved, methinks
Always if this happens, there are short ell deviations over 0.1xx volt to see in the record. (1 or 2 secs, only)
Which recover. Like the bird does, midair
I start it, get it high enough in the airt, so that it doesn't hit the ground during powerloss.
I fly it around, you can see and hear the whoohoo (powerloss, "falling" a feed or two down), but in the end of the flight, it reacts normal.

Will see, mine is on the way to service.
2018-7-27
Use props
Bibid Jung Thapa
New

Nepal

I have also same problem
Plz dji solve it make a video on youtube
2018-8-31
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Tony Nguyen Posted at 2018-6-4 21:54
Hi all. After sent my spark to service and waiting, service center inform to me
1./- Two moter had problem and change it, but problem is same
2./- Now they inform to me attiude sensor not good and want to change, I can not understand because I did not see any alerts and warning in DJI GO before

Were you able to solve your SPARK jumpy issue ?
2018-8-31
Use props
fans6dceb818
lvl.1
Italy

I've the same problem. I try everything, but still the issue is present. It is unacceptable that so many users are affected and DJI don't consider this a bug. The drone is unusable...
2018-12-26
Use props
Tony Nguyen
lvl.3
Vietnam

S.J Posted at 2018-8-31 09:59
Were you able to solve your SPARK jumpy issue ?

Thanks for support. I upgraded my drone to Mavic Air and good for me now
2019-1-15
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Tony Nguyen Posted at 1-15 01:23
Thanks for support. I upgraded my drone to Mavic Air and good for me now

there is a good chance that Mavic Air will have the same issues as SPARK. Reports are flying in regarding crashes and similar issues like in SPARK.
2019-1-18
Use props
rgffranco
New
Flight distance : 233 ft

Brazil

Hello there. It's my first post, hope to help.

I've had this problem and could solve it today.So far, after a few tests, no more problems, working fine, as before.

Here is what I did:
- Downgraded the Firmware from the V 01.00.1000 to the V 01.00.0600 using the DJI assistant from my PC.
- Did it, using the PC (assistant software) for each of my 4 batteries.
- Restarted the controller (before restarting it didn`t work well).

I also did the following, but don't know if helps:
- Reinstalled the app.
- Folded in all the propellers before start, just like "fans90c76ee1" recommended above.

Here is two considerations that I don't understand and maybe you can help with:
- The release date of the V 01.00.0600 Firmware is more recent than the V 01.00.0600.
- I can not check my batteries Firmware versions. When I go to the "General Settings / About" at the app, they are not shown there, as Steve Coutts teaches in this video:

Peace!

2019-1-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules