Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange intermittent video blurring/smearing
1372 10 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 817159 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but all I seems to get are posts about video wobble and general blurriness and this doesn't seem to apply.

My Mavic is about a month old and when reviewing footage, I keep spotting frames where the video blurs for a moment. The whole frame will appear to ripple for a moment like it's being warped by the gimbal cover, but I don't have that on.

Is this normal? I've watched countless videos on Youtube of others footage and I never see these issues appearing.

Thanks.
mavic_blur.jpg
2017-9-24
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Is this video footage from the Mavic's SD card or from your mobile device?
2017-9-24
Use props
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
New Zealand

This is from the SD card.
2017-9-24
Use props
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
New Zealand

Here's a video link showing the extent of the issue:

2017-9-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

SnEEkEE Posted at 2017-9-24 13:42

Make sure your gimbal is seated correctly. Try to reset the camera settings and calibrate the gimbal then test again but remove any ND filter. If that does not fix the problem then you may need to contact support.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SnEEkEE Posted at 2017-9-24 13:42

https://youtu.be/bnwcsQGXW9A

Like Jenee mentioned, please try to reset the camera settings, and change another SD card to test. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-9-25
Use props
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
New Zealand

Thanks for the suggestions - i'll give them a try. For the record, the cached video on my phone exhibits the same artifacts.
2017-9-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

This is a very common question from new pilots. When you see that only occasionally, then that effect is usually attributable to the camera being buffeted by gusts of wind or sudden nav changes, especially in Sports Mode. If it happens all the time in all flights, then often the gimbal needs to be reseated or calibrated.
2017-9-26
Use props
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
New Zealand

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-26 06:41
This is a very common question from new pilots. When you see that only occasionally, then that effect is usually attributable to the camera being buffeted by gusts of wind or sudden nav changes, especially in Sports Mode. If it happens all the time in all flights, then often the gimbal needs to be reseated or calibrated.

Thanks for the tip.

I guess what concerns me is that I've seen a lot of videos on Youtube of people flying in quite high winds and in sport mode, but I haven't seen this effect before (the video above was on a still day). And, as you might imagine, it renders any footage unusable.

If anyone has come across something similar to this, I'd love to see it, just so I can tell if this is a technical fault or an operational/environmental issue.
2017-9-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

SnEEkEE Posted at 2017-9-26 13:55
Thanks for the tip.

I guess what concerns me is that I've seen a lot of videos on Youtube of people flying in quite high winds and in sport mode, but I haven't seen this effect before (the video above was on a still day). And, as you might imagine, it renders any footage unusable.

If you look around on the forum you'll see lots of such videos. Remember that while there may be no wind on the ground, at altitude that can and often changes. A couple of months ago I flew at the beach in surprisingly high winds and had no problem, the drone does handle wind surprisingly well -- windy is ok, it's the gusting that can get you.

Flying in Sports Mode in of itself is not a problem, rather it's when the pilot makes sudden course changes, braking or acceleration moves -- same can happen in normal mode, it's just that in Sports Mode everything is magnified by the additional speed.

What you are seeing is the gimbal overextending and the camera bouncing at the end of its extension.
2017-9-26
Use props
sigkill
lvl.3
Canada

I think the default braking setting of 130 is WAY too strong. The first thing I did to my Mavic after seeing it slam on its brakes like that was turn braking to 65. Yes you must be smart when you fly, thankfully I am very smart!
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules