IMG--0048.jpg
2017-9-24
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Wolfhound?
We had 2 when I was a kid, awesome, huge and so much fun!
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-9-24 07:55
Wolfhound?
We had 2 when I was a kid, awesome, huge and so much fun!

Absolutely YES! Irish Wolfhound at its best Currently we have 4 of them (plus 3 Berger Picard and  two multi-breed mixes).
2017-9-24
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, all that dog food must cost more than a P4P!
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Puppy?  ...more like a pony
2017-9-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like it's deciding which bit to eat first

Do the dogs get disturbed by the noise of the P4P ?

My spaniel never seems to be too bothered by my P4 and just ignores it.
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Hey Aardvark just reminded me of something the manual says about the Obstacle Avoidance Sensors, it says they can emit a noise that may bother animals.  I guess kinda like sonar.  Does any of your dogs or pets seem to react negatively to your bird when the sensors are operating or when you have calibrated them?
My dog did not seem to react but he was not in the same room either.
2017-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Funny picture
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-9-24 08:17
Wow, all that dog food must cost more than a P4P!

Oh yes... but the main expense are the vet bills...
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-24 08:20
Puppy?  ...more like a pony

yes, that is the most common comment... and we have a shetland pony that is nearly that size, just a tad taller and fatter...
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-24 08:52
Looks like it's deciding which bit to eat first

Do the dogs get disturbed by the noise of the P4P ?

all of them ignore the drone -but I don't usually fly it near them. (because of the ultrasound sensors, but it looks like the frequency is not bothering them at all.
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-24 08:58
Hey Aardvark just reminded me of something the manual says about the Obstacle Avoidance Sensors, it says they can emit a noise that may bother animals.  I guess kinda like sonar.  Does any of your dogs or pets seem to react negatively to your bird when the sensors are operating or when you have calibrated them?
My dog did not seem to react but he was not in the same room either.

My dogs and horses (Shetland pony and Icelandic tølting pony) are not affected. The cats I don't know because they are never around.
2017-9-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Sure that isn't a horse?
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-24 09:59
Sure that isn't a horse?

Nope... but he plays with the horses
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-9-24 09:59
My dogs and horses (Shetland pony and Icelandic tølting pony) are not affected. The cats I don't know because they are never around.

How typical of cats...they are probably rolling around under a couch yelling for you to stop flying that thing...
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-24 09:59
Sure that isn't a horse?

Here 's an IW playing with the Shetland Pony, a few years ago
Tut And Oliver.jpg
2017-9-24
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Jesus, 2 horses
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-24 10:13
How typical of cats...they are probably rolling around under a couch yelling for you to stop flying that thing...

Most probably in the barn, stalking mice  -which they proceed to deposit on the stairs...
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-9-24 10:19
Most probably in the barn, stalking mice  -which they proceed to deposit on the stairs...

well, at least they are earning their keep!
2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting and unusual topic, spicing a bit increasing boredom and dullness of this once vibrant forum ...

I believe dogs are of different mentality and temperament regardless their race, the same way we are. Boxers - for example - should be super friendly, agile but gentle giants by definition. Four purebred boxers served myself and my family during last 50 years,  and every one was different in one way or another. One was a maniac soccer player, while another couldn't care less for the sound of kicked ball. One was a stoic babysitter, molested and tortured by my grandsons (:-)), another would growl at kids nearby. The last one couldn't tell the difference between my Phantom and any other real bird, chasing them away with equal hunting passion.

I didn't recognized any pattern in dogs reaction to DJI drones buzzing above, high or low. One will bark and chase'm restlessly, another will ignore them. No one, however, seemed to suffer any pain or exhibit any discomfort caused by sub or ultrasonic emissions ...
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-24 10:46
Interesting and unusual topic, spicing a bit increasing boredom and dullness of this once vibrant forum ...

I believe dogs are of different mentality and temperament regardless their race, the same way we are. Boxers - for example - should be super friendly, agile but gentle giants by definition. Although 4 purebred boxers served myself and my family during last 50 years, every one was different in one way or another. One was a maniac soccer player, while another couldn't care less for the sound of kicked ball. One was a stoic babysitter, molested and tortured by my grandsons (:-)), another would growl at kids nearby. The last one couldn't tell the difference between my Phantom and any other real bird, chasing them away with equal hunting passion.

Hi Dobmatt, yes, they are. But there are fundamental traits that make dogs of a given breed much similar to each other ( this is what we call Temperament, and it is a trait that conscious breeders consider of the outmost importance when preparing for a breeding, since it is largely inherited). Then of course, like with humans, they have their preferred sports, pastimes etc… My IWS love cuddling on the couch , the Picards love to chase birds around, both don't like retrieving sticks… The two odd mixes love to bark nonstop -not a problem, since we live out in the country…
BTW, "Gentle Giants" is the official nickname of the Irish Wolfhounds :-)
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

I'll try to find a picture with them and myself too, so it will be two horses and a donkey
2017-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Ever spun it up with him that close?
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-24 11:33
Ever spun it up with him that close?

NO! The closest they have been at startup was the opposite corner of the garden, about 50 yards away.  And I tell them to go inside when I land. No reasons to be reckless... If you notice, the gimbal guard is still on in the picture...
IMG-0048crop.jpg
2017-9-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Great pictures and nice horses!  My dogs don't think much of mine either.  They voice their opinion everytime they see it.  I will say this though.  I have three dogs and all three could probably fit together in your dogs food bowl.
2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-9-24 11:11
Hi Dobmatt, yes, they are. But there are fundamental traits that make dogs of a given breed much similar to each other ( this is what we call Temperament, and it is a trait that conscious breeders consider of the outmost importance when preparing for a breeding, since it is largely inherited). Then of course, like with humans, they have their preferred sports, pastimes etc… My IWS love cuddling on the couch , the Picards love to chase birds around, both don't like retrieving sticks… The two odd mixes love to bark nonstop -not a problem, since we live out in the country…
BTW, "Gentle Giants" is the official nickname of the Irish Wolfhounds :-)

OK, no "giants", just gentle. Then why Bean, my 4th boxer puppy, gave me a low frequency warning growl when I tried to teach him swimming? He will never go further than knee deep water, while his grandpa could retrieve sticks day long ...

All right, enough for entertainment! Let's go back to a grim reality of bitching at DJI ...
2017-9-24
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-24 15:34
OK, no "giants", just gentle. Then why Bean, my 4th boxer puppy, gave me a low frequency warning growl when I tried to teach him swimming? He will never go further than knee deep water, while his grandpa could retrieve sticks day long ...

All right, enough for entertainment! Let's go back to a grim reality of bitching at DJI ...

Funny thing is that I have seen less bitching at DJI recently, you get the odd one but maybe I just ignore the aggressive post headings, & look at the ones asking for help & sharing their experiences, who knows.
Regards
Eric
2017-9-24
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Australia

I've been considering getting Berger Picard. I've recently decided that my life will be perfect with the addition of a Berger Picard in my future (after school when I have the right lifestyle/finances). I'm knowledgeable about dogs and breeds, I would just like any stories or experiences you may have had with picards.
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules