Phantom 2 Stuck in Failsafe
1504 7 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans613b6f29
lvl.1

United States

When I turn on my Phantom, it doesnt connect to the controller and i get the flashing yellow. When I connect it to the application, this is what I get Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 11.41.22 AM.png

I have all the recent firmware on both the phantom and the rc. Any ideas?
2017-9-24
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

In my experience it's not uncommon for the Phantom to lose connection after an update.  You just need to re-bind it to your controller and make sure you're using the correct transmitter version - upgrade or basic.  Then, for good measure, you should calibrate the compass before taking off again.
2017-9-24
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Are both S1 and S2 up ?
If you have S2 set to failsafe then that will disconnect the transmitter to trigger RTH.
Make sure both switches are up and try again...
2017-9-25
Use props
fans613b6f29
lvl.1

United States

Gil Posted at 2017-9-24 10:36
In my experience it's not uncommon for the Phantom to lose connection after an update.  You just need to re-bind it to your controller and make sure you're using the correct transmitter version - upgrade or basic.  Then, for good measure, you should calibrate the compass before taking off again.

I have tried to re-bind the controller but it doesn't seem to work. When I power up the drone, the bind light is solid red and when I press it, it flashes red, but only as long as I hold the button. As soon as I release it the bind light, it returns to solid red. I have attempted to re-bind the controller during the brief red flashing without any success.
2017-9-26
Use props
fans613b6f29
lvl.1

United States

Harbourside Posted at 2017-9-25 06:01
Are both S1 and S2 up ?
If you have S2 set to failsafe then that will disconnect the transmitter to trigger RTH.
Make sure both switches are up and try again...

Yes, both S1 and S2 are in the up position, and even when I restart the drone the issue continues.
2017-9-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I hate to nitpick but I suggest we use the correct words per the manual.  Let's be super clear.  You're trying to "link" the controller to the AC which means you're trying to link the control signal which is being transmitted from the controller - you're trying to link that control signal to the receiver on the AC.  Binding is something different regarding the P2 series.  

From your description, it sounds like the controller is not putting out a 2.4 ghz control signal.  Is that possible?  You haven't given us a history.  Are you sure you have the right controller for your AC?  Are you sure it works?  I would check that.  
2017-9-26
Use props
fans613b6f29
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-26 17:06
I hate to nitpick but I suggest we use the correct words per the manual.  Let's be super clear.  You're trying to "link" the controller to the AC which means you're trying to link the control signal which is being transmitted from the controller - you're trying to link that control signal to the receiver on the AC.  Binding is something different regarding the P2 series.  

From your description, it sounds like the controller is not putting out a 2.4 ghz control signal.  Is that possible?  You haven't given us a history.  Are you sure you have the right controller for your AC?  Are you sure it works?  I would check that.

Sorry about the confusion, I was trying to preform the linking procedure. I came to the same conclusion about the controller not putting out any signal, but the controller seemed to work perfectly before I updated the MC. Also, when I connect the controller to the RC application, there are no issues. Another problem I encountered occurred when I try to re-update the MC software. The AC begins to beep and the gimbal shakes crazily, but after a few seconds its says that the upgrade was successful. I don't know if that is related to the issue at hand, but it doesn't seem like it should be happening.

As for the AC history, the P2 flew perfectly before I updated the MC. It hasn't suffered any crashes or been roughly handled.  
2017-9-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Okay.

You haven't confirmed whether your RC is the basic version or the upgraded version.  But that doesn't explain why the controller and AC won't link.  If your RC is broadcasting a 2.4 ghz signal, your AC should link to it.  If your RC is working correctly, and your AC was working well before, we have to conclude something bad happened with your MC update.  And this re-confirms what everybody is always saying:  Don't update FW unless you have a good reason for doing so.  

Looking at the DJI downloads, I see two MC FWs available.

http://www.dji.com/phantom-2/info#downloads

I wonder what would happen if you went to one or the other?  Just trying to give you ideas.  

Good luck.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules