5930 13 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225978 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

been flying today and could not increase max altitude more than 50m and distance more than 100m. I was flying Mavic in the smae place and did not have this problem. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

2017-9-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you fling with the OTG cable, seems like DJI has limited the flight and distance when using OTG.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Trevor , huge threads are running on this.
Seems like dji have capped things.
At present using an On The Go (OTG) does not do this, andis better than wifi from controller to phone. DJI do not support this, but it's the only way. No one knows what will happen .(except DJI)
2017-9-24
Use props
TrevorL
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So if I try tomorrow connecting phone over wifi to remote the limits will be removed? I was a using otg for better stability!

My Crystalsky will be restricted also then
2017-9-24
Use props
TrevorL
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just tried with Wifi and your are correct, thanks. At least I know why, it was rather frustrating while out in the field!
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I had the same issue, but I have found yesterday it does now work on OTG again, no idea why.
Here in UK when using wifi many find range is very very poor, and OTG is 9nly solution. Anything could happen I suppose.
2017-9-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrevorL Posted at 2017-9-24 09:39
So if I try tomorrow connecting phone over wifi to remote the limits will be removed? I was a using otg for better stability!

My Crystalsky will be restricted also then

Most definitely will be removed, I guarantee it!
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Just to clarify: Until now only iOS is affected by this, not Android. I am myself waiting to see what happens when I get the latest Android App available on my Playstore. One can assumme that with the previous iOS versions of the App OTG will still work as before. In my opinion it is also not yet clear if this limitation is intentional or accidental in iOS. In addition there are first reports today that the limitation is even not consistent. Best follow the general "OTG" thread on this topic, which seems to be the most active and reliable one.
2017-9-24
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I don’t think OTG will be crippled.
DJI sells a crystalsky mavic/spark mounting bracket (Out of stock, though).
"A USB OTG cable is required when connecting to a Spark remote controller.”
http://store.dji.com/product/cry ... ?from=compatibility
It needs OTG (because it’s  running Android).
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TrevorL,were you connecting your drone with DJI GO 4 without RC at that time?  Please ensure that all your devices are in latest version. Any other error message from your app?
2017-9-24
Use props
TrevorL
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Elektra, I was connecting iPhone 7+ to remote with OTG. The Go4 app did not indicate that any firmware was out of date and I was not getting any errors. I simply couldn't change the max altitude setting to above 50m.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TrevorL Posted at 2017-9-25 23:39
Hi Elektra, I was connecting iPhone 7+ to remote with OTG. The Go4 app did not indicate that any firmware was out of date and I was not getting any errors. I simply couldn't change the max altitude setting to above 50m.

TrevorL, please try to fly your spark with wifi and see if the error message will be gone. If not, I would recommend you reboot your AC and app when the drone lands at the home point. Thanks.
2017-9-26
Use props
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Why did they have to do this i also am limited to 50m can't set it above with OTG
2017-12-7
Use props
Naujoks
lvl.1

Germany

The maximum allowed flying height for drones is 50m in Germany, so it would make sense to not let the drone go any higher.
However, the distance should not be limited to 100m?
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules