Spark activation failed server error
31082 179 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

zoll3r Posted at 2017-9-30 10:16
I sold the plane, somebody make a part of it. However, this is a very bad attitude from Dji. Nobody could have known this, so it was not before. We bought and paid the product in several different places. And you say you've been in so many places from stolen drones for a week, that's more than interesting.

I acknowledge somehow our mistake that we have taken it in a non-controlled place. But in Hungary, the biggest distributors' machines are also affected. But of course they did not suck it, but we, the buyers. For this, the Dji is just assisting.

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, and it is also not the thing we want to see.

As always, we recommend to purchase from local authorized dealer or DJI official website, so that your rights and warranty can be ensured.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-1 05:37
Hi all, I have still not been able to activate my spark. But I have read on the DJI Forum re Activatation Error that they are now saying the Drones where stolen in Transit. But what I dont get is that there is so many others from around the world with the same issue, so I ask myself how did so many drones get stolen from so many different locations around the world?
I then downloaded the app Kittyhawk and when it detected my spark there was a pop up window showing it had connected to it and shows the serial number of my drone too. Out of interest I double checked my serial number on my drone to find it is different to the one on the little sticker and QR code, why is this I ask??? I would suggest more people try the same and check what they are getting as mine is completely different to the one I registered with DJI from the label on it. I am making the assumption that the WIFI SSID and password must be wrong too as its on the label on the bottom side of my drone with the serial number that doesnt match.

Sir, please kindly offer the aircraft serial number and the picture for better assistance. We'd like to look into it.

Besides, you can click the Advanced, tap the picture icon and choose Common Upload to upload the picture.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Weasel_ Posted at 2017-10-3 00:33
Millenium Business Systems Limited are dealing with my refund and have been  good so far.  I think they've been caught out as much  as their customers. Sending back through ebay/paypal so have to go through that process. So is the lesson here is only buy from authorised sellers? Where can I obtain that list? Dji website? If the price is good or too good walk away!!

Confirm that the drone was one of the lost units.

For the local authorized dealer, you can find it from here: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy.
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-3 21:08
Sir, please kindly offer the aircraft serial number and the picture for better assistance. We'd like to look into it.

Besides, you can click the Advanced, tap the picture icon and choose Common Upload to upload the picture.

[url=][/url]
2017-10-4
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-3 19:44
You can click the Advanced icon and upload your pictures. Alternatively, you can upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and send us the link directly.

Ok, but I have followed the recommendation of another user of the forum and it seems to work just fine now. It seems that i had launched the simulator on the PC while the AC was connected and that caused the issue. So i resetted the AC firmware and DJI GO4 on my phone to a previous version and then upgraded everything again, and that just solved the problem.
But thanks for the tip on how to upload the images.  
2017-10-5
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-30 07:43
Did you by any chance go into flight simulator on pc? This has been known to bring up the mainland number issue.

If you connect to dji assistant and reset the firmware it should solve this

Heeeey Ksarkaria thanks a lot your recommendation was perfect, it just solved my problem Gracias
2017-10-5
Use props
NelsonV
New

United States

LewisCoomber Posted at 2017-9-24 10:05
I'm having exactly the same problem. Won't let me activate? QR code isn't recognised and the other method hasn't worked. I redownloaded the app but still nothing. I saw someone mention earlier "expensive brick" at the minute

Also cannot activate my drone.  I bought the combo and  trying to activate my Spark but keep getting critical error message (all steady red light). Reset the Spark to factory setting but no luck. New to the drone.
2017-10-5
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-5 07:39
Heeeey Ksarkaria thanks a lot  your recommendation was perfect, it just solved my problem  Gracias

Glad to help! And iv only owned a spark for 2 weeks
2017-10-5
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-10-5 13:07
Glad to help! And iv only owned a spark for 2 weeks

Cool... I've had mine for only one week now, and I am so glad for it...just learning new things every time i go fly it and improving my skills, hope you are enjoying yours too.
2017-10-5
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

Just to let the administrators and those of you that have offered me help over the last few weeks to say my rant is now over and I apologise to anyone I offended in the process but it certainly stressed me out buying a very expensive man toy to find it doesnt work and cant get answers from anyone at DJI why it wont work!
I have now sent it back to the Supplier who has in turn refunded me my money.
I have been in a very long and drawn out email stream with DJI Support regarding this issue of FAILED ACTIVATION ETC and still none the wiser. My last email from DJI Support/Tech asked me for my s/n so they could see if mine was one of the many blocked ones that was stolen in transit. I called at the beginning of the week and spoke to a techie again who said I should wait for 48 hrs for a response to the s/n investigation. This morning I got a reply saying sorry for the delay but have you spoken to your dealer. NOTHING about wether its a stolen drone or just a faulty drone. Anyway the end.
Now I need to decide if I want to spend my money on another DJi product, but what scares me is this awful experience I have had dealing with them and just wonder how I should proceed.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-5 07:37
Ok, but I have followed the recommendation of another user of the forum and it seems to work just fine now. It seems that i had launched the simulator on the PC while the AC was connected and that caused the issue. So i resetted the AC firmware and DJI GO4 on my phone to a previous version and then upgraded everything again, and that just solved the problem.
But thanks for the tip on how to upload the images.

I'm happy to hear that you have figured it out. Happy flying!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NelsonV Posted at 2017-10-5 10:39
Also cannot activate my drone.  I bought the combo and  trying to activate my Spark but keep getting critical error message (all steady red light). Reset the Spark to factory setting but no luck. New to the drone.

The server has recovered, please try again. If it does not work, please tell us the aircraft serial number, I'd like to check the exact status.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-6 02:26
Just to let the administrators and those of you that have offered me help over the last few weeks to say my rant is now over and I apologise to anyone I offended in the process but it certainly stressed me out buying a very expensive man toy to find it doesnt work and cant get answers from anyone at DJI why it wont work!
I have now sent it back to the Supplier who has in turn refunded me my money.
I have been in a very long and drawn out email stream with DJI Support regarding this issue of FAILED ACTIVATION ETC and still none the wiser. My last email from DJI Support/Tech asked me for my s/n so they could see if mine was one of the many blocked ones that was stolen in transit. I called at the beginning of the week and spoke to a techie again who said I should wait for 48 hrs for a response to the s/n investigation. This morning I got a reply saying sorry for the delay but have you spoken to your dealer. NOTHING about wether its a stolen drone or just a faulty drone. Anyway the end.

Thanks for keeping us updated. The issue has been figured out anyway. I sincerely sorry for all inconvenience. We are keeping trying to improve our customer service and would like to offer better experience for our valued customers. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-10-10
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
United Kingdom

I am also having the same problem.
2017-10-11
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-25 01:34
Server is OK according to online chat....

Dji activation failed
2017-10-12
Use props
Adjinanda
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi...iam feom Indonesia and has same problem womith activated my new spark. Please help me...
2017-10-12
Use props
djiuser_ScPTyw1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bought another dji spark from argos. And activation was qick and successful.  Thank u
2017-10-17
Use props
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

Impossible to activate too, either application freeze when click on "activate" after entered informations, either I got an error message "check your network", while network works fine...
Can't even use the Spark,  how to do ??
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LukeSansonsabre Posted at 2017-10-18 00:02
Impossible to activate too, either application freeze when click on "activate" after entered informations, either I got an error message "check your network", while network works fine...
Can't even use the Spark,  how to do ??

We are sorry to read on this. Please leave us with your aircraft serial number, we'd like to look into, thanks.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Adjinanda Posted at 2017-10-12 04:10
Hi...iam feom Indonesia and has same problem womith activated my new spark. Please help me...

We apologize for the late response, do you still have the problem? If so, please leave us with the serial number to look into, thanks.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ryan, we are so sorry for the late response, may I know if the problem persists?
We'd love to check the status if you could provide the serial number to us.
2017-10-18
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 02:03
Ryan, we are so sorry for the late response, may I know if the problem persists?
We'd love to check the status if you could provide the serial number to us.

hi problem fixed now thanks
2017-10-26
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 02:01
We apologize for the late response, do you still have the problem? If so, please leave us with the serial number to look into, thanks.

hi the problem is resolved. I returned spark and purchased a new one. thanks
2017-10-26
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Norway

where did you buy your spark? from an official dji dealer/retailer?
2017-10-26
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Norway

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-24 09:48
It's not only you, my friend, I have the same problem with spark, I bought it in 5 days and I still can not activate it. There is another mavic topic where they have the same problem.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-113806-1-1.html

hi, from where did you buy your spark? did you buy from an official dji dealer?
2017-10-26
Use props
Ryan918
lvl.4
Norway

LewisCoomber Posted at 2017-9-24 10:05
I'm having exactly the same problem. Won't let me activate? QR code isn't recognised and the other method hasn't worked. I redownloaded the app but still nothing. I saw someone mention earlier "expensive brick" at the minute

hi, from where did you buy your spark? from an official DJI dealer?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ryan918 Posted at 2017-10-26 01:37
hi the problem is resolved. I returned spark and purchased a new one. thanks

Ryan, good to know.
If there is any further problem, please let us know.
Happy flying.
2017-10-27
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 22:36
Ryan, good to know.
If there is any further problem, please let us know.
Happy flying.

thank you
2017-10-27
Use props
Skynet1mx
lvl.1
Mexico

Hello i have same problem, i buy from a people in mexico but cant activate, maybe are stolen or maybe only have server error, but i need know please can check this serial for MAVIC PRO:    08QCE9J0124Y3T i need know if are stolen, or other kind of problem. please help me
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skynet1mx Posted at 2017-12-15 21:22
Hello i have same problem, i buy from a people in mexico but cant activate, maybe are stolen or maybe only have server error, but i need know please can check this serial for MAVIC PRO:    08QCE9J0124Y3T i need know if are stolen, or other kind of problem. please help me

Hi there, it seems that activation is not successful. Which mobile device do you use? I'd suggest change to another recommended mobile to verify.
2017-12-16
Use props
Skynet1mx
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-16 19:55
Hi there, it seems that activation is not successful. Which mobile device do you use? I'd suggest change to another recommended mobile to verify.

i think this serial are from mavic stolen 08QCE9J0124Y3T and its this why i cant activate but i dont know... i will like you can check this serial please: 08QCE9J0124Y3T  mavic pro
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skynet1mx Posted at 2017-12-17 00:14
i think this serial are from mavic stolen 08QCE9J0124Y3T and its this why i cant activate but i dont know... i will like you can check this serial please: 08QCE9J0124Y3T  mavic pro

Sir, I have checked the serial number(08QCE9J0124Y3T) and do not find any abnormality. Have you tried my previous suggestion of changing another recommended mobile to verify? If still no luck, you can contact the seller or support for check or replacement: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-18
Use props
Urisyeah
New
Mexico

I have a similar problem, my phone is an iPhone, how do I get the log to send them, my serial number is: 0ASDE9R1B100CT
2017-12-19
Use props
Israel.Carrillo
lvl.1

Mexico

I have the same issue can you please check sn 0ASDE9L1B100NR thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
AdrianoCahete
New
Brazil

I had a similar problem, but i downloaded old DJi Go apk version (4.1.10), started activation, let app show me the error, than turn off wifi and tried again. Using this trick, the activation works.

If you're using Android, go to WiFi preferences, long press the Spark wifi network, uncheck "Automatically connect" (or something else) and, everytime do you need to connect in internet and not in the Spark, turn off Wifi, turn on again and let your phone connect to your preferential WiFi network.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansd5f734a5
New
Brazil

I have the same problema...SN:0ASUE890010120
2018-1-24
Use props
Rob R
New
United States

I just got my Spark on amazon.com and am having this same issue. Can you please let me know if there are any issues with serial number 0ASDE9D0B100LE

You guys sure are losing a lot of customers over this.
2018-2-28
Use props
Brian.C
New
Flight distance : 2516 ft
United States

Ok, I was having th same problms and I just want to share the remedy.

1. open the app, select the spark, and click "enter device".

2. The scond option is "connect to th aircraft's Wifi". Use this option!!!! It will prompt you to start up the drone after fully charging.

3. Hold th power button after full boot. It will bep once, continue to hold, and when it does the double beep, let go of the button. You've just reset the Wifi password. Continue on...

4. connect the drone via the QR label on the box. You'll see a little box that allows you to open the  QR scanner.

5. Once it scans it will tell you its connected successful and you will click the "complete". At this point it will prompt activation

I was having the same problems and the problem was the sequence. I used a iPhone 5s. I honestly think it's the process mor then the phone. After activation, you need to connect the drone via wifi before entering the app everytime. If you don't it will give you the same error messages.

Hope this helps.
2018-3-19
Use props
fanscba640d0
New
United Arab Emirates

Please I have the same problem
I can’t activate my spark
I need help
2018-10-12
Use props
freshprintz66
New
Germany

Dear All,

I had the same issue. What did the trick for me was not to click on "scan QR code", but to click on "live view" and then "connect drone". Here I was able to pair the remote to the drone again, even though I bought them as a set and they should have been connected already. Afterwards activating was not a problem at all anymore.

Good luck!
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules