Quickshot modes are slow
3487 13 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Quickshot will not activate unless it is permitted to enable forward obstacle sensing.
It does not fly forwards in any of the modes, so why is that?

A long dronie or rocket is boringly slow. Not enabling obstacle sensing would double
the speed, as I want. I think.

And dear quickshot: When you leave, please put the obstacle setting back to where it was.

2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Heliman, when the drone enter quickshot mode, forward obstacle sensing is off.
Quickshot can not function well when the GPS signal is weak or in the sport mode.
Quickshot will fly the drone automatically and you don't need to fly forward.
Please keep us updated if you have further question.
2017-9-24
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
United States

Actually, it does fly forward. After the quickshot is complete, the drone comes back to its initial position following the same path. I find this function to be very necessary. In the case of returning from Dronie quickshot, I don't want to hit somebody on the way back, not everybody can see it coming.
2017-9-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-24 22:06
Heliman, when the drone enter quickshot mode, forward obstacle sensing is off.
Quickshot can not function well when the GPS signal is weak or in the sport mode.
Quickshot will fly the drone automatically and you don't need to fly forward.

When I enter quickshot, I am asked to allow that OA gets turned on. If I don’t, I can’t enter quickshot. After quickshot, I need to turn OA off again, because it forgot to put it back where it were.

I don’t try to fly it forward. Neither does Quickshot, So forcing forward OA only slows it down.

OK, the spark flies forward after it returns from a dronie. Enabling OA temporarily here, could make sense.
I abort dronies when video recording stops, and take it from there, so I don’t fall asleep while waiting for it to come back.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-9-25 08:44
When I enter quickshot, I am asked to allow that OA gets turned on. If I don’t, I can’t enter quickshot. After quickshot, I need to turn OA off again, because it forgot to put it back where it were.

I don’t try to fly it forward. Neither does Quickshot, So forcing forward OA only slows it down.

Heliman, did you mean that app asked you turn on OA?
What is the model of your mobile device?
Please provide a screenshot of your app.
2017-9-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Yes. It offered to either do it for me or cancel the flight.

I use an iphone 5s for the spark, and also have an iphone SE
and will make a screenshot the next time I go flying.
And maybe take some notes.
2017-9-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

OA is disabled (I never want it). Now
Enter quick shot,
Tap on target.
I get

I will only work if I click OK.
I click OK. Now it has forgotten where my target is, so I have to reselect the target.

When I now look in the OA setting, the OA slider is on. It is NOT grayed out. But it won’t move.
After exiting quick shot, OA is still on. I can’t tell you how many time I have been in there, cleaning up after quickshot.
Quickshot should really not interfere with custom system settings
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-9-27 05:42
OA is disabled (I never want it). Now
Enter quick shot,
Tap on target.

Can you tell me the version of your app? What is the model of your device?
From your screenshot, we can tell that your OA is off. Can you provide a video about this?
And please provide me the flight data and the black box data. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-28
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I used the latest go 4 app with iphone 5s and iphone se.
You already have the flight data from https://forum.dji.com/thread-114514-1-1.html
This short video shows that quickshot, activetrack an tapfly won’t work unless I allow them to permanently enable OA.
I pressed escape all three times, to not enable OA. And got nowhere.
2017-9-28
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Any news on why quickshot modes  won’t activate unless given permission to disable my system OA preference? (which is off).
2017-10-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I never found the answer to this.
I have obstacle avoidance off, but when starting a quickshot mode, I get the popup shown,
and it won’t go unless I tap OK.

The manual, page 17 says:
"In QuickShot, the aircraft cannot avoid obstacles automatically.”
So why does it mess with my set OA preference?
It severely limits the speed, and OA is left on afterwards, so I must set it back where it was.

2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-10-29 22:59
I never found the answer to this.
I have obstacle avoidance off, but when starting a quickshot mode, I get the popup shown,
and it won’t go unless I tap OK.

Heliman, did you try to use another device for check. If the problem remains, please keep us updated. Please ensure that your app is the latest version.
2017-10-30
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

I didnt have this kind of notification lol. using smartphone Sony with Android, newest firmware and software. Its wierd.

And yes, dron is slow in dronie or rocket - and i always speed up part of video shot with editing software on pc, same way like app speeds in up in prev video. After quickshot dron return to position when he started doing dronie/ rocket.
2017-10-30
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Today I did another test of active track, now with go vers. 4.1.15.
The spark went faster than I earlier have experienced.
But:
Initially I had set obstacle avoidance to off,, which made the 3d sensor status indicator red.

Entering quickshot, active track:
When selecting a target, it demands permission to set obstacle avoidance to on.
I must tap OK to continue. And then I must repeat setting the target. (The app has a short memory?)
Now the 3d sensor status indicator changes from red to white, which means OA is on, I suppose.
But it is not, because that would limit speed to 10km/h. The app is lying.

Until after exiting active track/quickshot. Now obstacle avoidance suddenly is on, not off as I had set it.
So it messes with my OA setting for no purpose. That annoys me.

Further, when I got home with the sd card, there was video and pictures, but nothing from active track.
I would have expected active track to record video automatically.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules