DJI Mavic Pro Shaking/trembling video
2872 9 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gobbman
lvl.1
Germany

Can anyone help me with my new DJI Mavic pro? My video is shaky/trembling:
What I've already did is recalibrating the gimbal, but the issue is  still there as you can see in the video. Anyone else with this kind of  problem out there? Does it look like a gimbal issue?

Best regards,
Gobbman
2017-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ah, you did already started a new one.
First it looks like your focus is very off.
Not that that will help you with the shaky footage.
Are you in S mode? (Sports mode).
2017-9-24
Use props
Gobbman
lvl.1
Germany

nope, sports mode off. yeah it looks a bit unsharp because of -1 sharpness, nevertheless it has nothing to do with the trembling.

PS: It wasn't windy at all and I noticed that one of the 4 arms doesn't lock properly like the others (only very  very tiny movement).
2017-9-24
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I would suggest you reset the camera settings, then leave them in auto and only set the file type (MOV or MP4), NTSC or Pal and 4K, 2.7K or 1080P. Check the focus is set to AFC.
Then find a time when it is not quite so dark and fly a lot slower when you have the video running. Do this and see what the video is like.
Also check that the gimbal is seated correctly and no damage to the propellers. Have you had a crash or hit something that may have affected the arm you mentioned that has a slight movement?
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, please refer to them. It seems like a motion blur, but I  can't one hundred percent sure. Please try to switch the camera from AF to MF, decrease the exposure time, but it might reduce the quality of the image. Or try to fly the drone in a place with fine light, ensure your gimbal is on follow mode. Hope it help.
2017-9-24
Use props
Gobbman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for all the replies!

1. The drone did not crash so far, so from my point of view, the issue with the arm is a manufacturer problem
2. I'll set everything to default and upload the footage to this thread again. Let's pray and hope.

PS: The drone is brand new. Im working with drones almost every day, but this i new to me - at least for DJI products.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gobbman Posted at 2017-9-24 23:15
Thank you for all the replies!

1. The drone did not crash so far, so from my point of view, the issue with the arm is a manufacturer problem

Hope everything goes well. Keep us updated, please.
2017-9-25
Use props
Gobbman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I will give update asap ;) Im very busy on different film projects atm.
2017-9-27
Use props
Gobbman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok: Just tested it today again with bright light but unfortunately the issue is still there, even with manual focus. It looks exactly like in my previous video. I've already watched tons of videos talking about the stuttering effect (every 8th frame) but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with that. I really think it's a manufacturer problem because of the arm which isn't locking properly.
2017-9-28
Use props
Gobbman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

PS: the exposure time was at 1/50 for 24 fps
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules