Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
merkoen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100922 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi guys.

I had a corrupt video file from my Inspire because i forgot to stop the recording before shuting down the Inspire.
After some googling i found a solution to recovery the video, but you would need to fiddle around in the command prompt.

I saw a few users that had trouble doing so, so I made a "graphic user interface" tool that makes it a lill easier \ faster.

Basically what it does it reading the information of a healthy video file from the Inspire, then uses that information to restore the broken one.

So far it works like it should (a few minor bugs here and there..).

If you want to test it out, feel free to do so!
Video:

Download here:
http://merko.name/files/InspireRecoveryTool.zip

Only works on Windows, and only tested on Windows 8.1. Bugs may occour on different operating system.

PS: Always take backup of your video files before using them through this program!

Let me know if you like it. Thanks!

2015-4-5
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

A simple solution that worked for me : insert card back in camera. Record some more footage. turn off recording. Turn off inspire. Check video on card again : it should be working now.
2015-4-5
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

brilliant tool. congrats
2015-4-6
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Agree with blackbox, it always works for me!
2015-4-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yes, turning the Inspire back on and simply recording another clip corrects this.
Many of us do this all the time.
2015-4-6
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

The video repair tool worked great on my Windows 7 box. Thanks Merkoen!
2015-9-8
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Of note, this issue was fixed in one of the recent firmware updates (video file not properly finalized if Inspire is powered down before recording is stopped).
2015-9-8
Use props
btdross
New
Flight distance : 228392 ft
United States

I'm on a Mac so I can't run this solution. I'm having problems with corrupted .MOV files, though not from forgetting to stop the recording.  Just for a test, I've tried reinserting the card several times, recording another clip or two, and powering down, but to no avail.

I'm recording onto a 64GB Sandisk Extreme PRO that is rated at read/write of about 90mbps.  I'm having some files completely corrupted, and others will play some portion of the file before freezing frame for the remainder of the file.  Other files are recording just fine without a problem.

Next I'll test out on the original card with the Inspire and see if I'm getting the same issues.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?  Thanks for your help!  This is so frustrating and I'm wondering if I need to send the bird back to DJI
2015-9-30
Use props
ezfly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2885043 ft
Slovenia

send the files to me via (WeTransfer or Dropbox or Google docs) and i will fix it for you ..
2015-11-3
Use props
Forhad Hossen
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Connect your HTC Inspire phone to the computer before you can get started, and make sure it appears as a drive letter in "My Computer". Then launch the program and click "Start"
2016-12-17
Use props
BillieLourd
lvl.1

United States

I had the problem yesterday. I used recovery tools to retrieve my data.
You can download it for free and retrieve all your content back.
2017-4-1
Use props
BillieLourd
lvl.1

United States

BillieLourd Posted at 2017-4-1 01:19
I had the problem yesterday. I used recovery tools to retrieve my data.
You can download it for free and retrieve all your content back.

By the way, I get help on here.
How to Recover Deleted or Lost Videos
2017-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This tool has been around for awhile and thanks for re-sharing. I have found this program will only correct minor issues only. The best way is to put the SD card back in the camera and take another short video. shut down and your pervious files will be fixed.  

My X3 camera was going bad and corrupting my videos (without me knowing). I had some great river rafting video files that are corrupted (from the camera) nothing to date will fix them!

Wish they had a magic pill to get these files back

Rich
2017-4-2
Use props
AuroraUsa
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now