o(^-^)o
djiuser_Hz43FaK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 736473 ft
Fiji

Hi all

Dji spark user

Quick question,
When i am connecting my phone to RC via WIFI, the image transmission settings is working fine, I can see the different channels with the bars but once i connect my phone to the RC via OTG cable, nothing happen in the image transmission settings . I cannot choose custom, and i don't see the red, blue, green bars.
What is wrong?

I am using a samsung S5, i reinstalled Dji go 4, I refreshed dji spark software.

Thanks to let me know if you have any idea about what is wrong.

WIFI

WIFI

OTG

OTG
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

What you see on your first picture are the WiFi settings. Once you connect with OTG, WiFi is out of the game because you have a cable connection between your mobile and the RC. Therefore the colored bars for WiFi disappear. The fact that the screen title changes from "WiFi" to "Image Transmission" is confusing indeed because that entire screen becomes obsolete when you are connected with OTG cable. But in summary it is nothing to worry about, simply ignore since you won't need it with cable connection.
P.S. It can well be that this is relevant for Mavic and some options are offered there if you have a Mavic. But for Spark at least I am not aware of any additional options you would have there. Others might know more or better.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

There is nothing wrong with your spark. It is normal that the wifi setting will disappear while using OTG. And you should pay attention to the message from your app to keep your spark safe.  
2017-9-24
Use props
djiuser_Hz43FaK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 736473 ft
Fiji

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-24 13:27
What you see on your first picture are the WiFi settings. Once you connect with OTG, WiFi is out of the game because you have a cable connection between your mobile and the RC. Therefore the colored bars for WiFi disappear. The fact that the screen title changes from "WiFi" to "Image Transmission" is confusing indeed because that entire screen becomes obsolete when you are connected with OTG cable. But in summary it is nothing to worry about, simply ignore since you won't need it with cable connection.
P.S. It can well be that this is relevant for Mavic and some options are offered there if you have a Mavic. But for Spark at least I am not aware of any additional options you would have there. Others might know more or better.

Thank you for your answer.
I thought it was the transmission between the RC and the spark that is shaw with the colored bars and not the signal between RC and phone.

I have some problems of signal sometimes, when i fly to 300 or 400 meters of distance , and few lags (i think lags come from my phone) . I just lose the image signal, but i still have control of the spark .
I always fly with the OTG cable.

This is why i was looking in this settings.

If you have any idea why i would have any weak image transmission signal..
I got the last updates and use dji go 4 4.1.9

Cheers
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

We'd all like to know why we have weak image transmission.
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_Hz43FaK Posted at 2017-9-24 21:05
Thank you for your answer.
I thought it was the transmission between the RC and the spark that is shaw with the colored bars and not the signal between RC and phone.

I believe you are right actually, sorry for the confusion. For the signal quality it helps to make sure that the antennas of the remote are always directing towards the position of the Spark.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules