1498 12 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Galaxy S8+ and when I download and install the app from the Google Play Store I get the "screen resolution not supported" error message. The screen looks bad with all the icons and buttons enlarged. If I install the app by downloading the apk from the DJI site then I dont get that error and the screen has the correct size buttons and icons. I have attached two screen shots to show this.This started happening since app version 4.1.8. Right now Im running 4.1.10 even though it is still not available for me through the playstore. Someone was nice enough to load a copy of the apk for people to use. My Playstore automatically updated/changed the 4.1.10 version I had installed by version 4.1.9 without any notifications. I realized it only because of the error message at startup and the huge icons.
Screenshot_20170923-111821.png Screenshot_20170923-112108.png

2017-9-24
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had not looked at the screenshots closely lol. I just noticed that the map loaded is different as well!! Google Maps vs Here maps.
2017-9-24
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I have the s8+ go to settings/ display and make your screen resolution fhd instead of wqhd. That should fix it up. Apparently the resolution bumped up like that on our phones doesnt play well with dji go 4. I am running smae version as u 4.1.10 everything is good if it still doesnt work go to settings/ apps find dji go then clear data and go back into app should be good to go
2017-9-24
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I dont know if you got the point of this. There's a difference between the app being installed from the market compared to doing a sideload. Why would the same app behave differently depending where it is being installed from. Why should I change my display settings when it works fine when not installed from the market lol
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

For this case, you can try to scan the QR code on DJI official website to download the APP. Since we have two different Android APPs in the Market, one is for tablets, another one is for phones. You'll get this error if you downloaded and installed the APP (which is for tablets) on a phone.
2017-9-25
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Diana. It would be hard to download from the PlayStore the tablet version on a phone. I have checked and double checked and the only version available is the regular phone version. Unless its not clearly marked or titled and it is a mess so the user can receive any version at any time without know what we're really downloading lol.
2017-9-26
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Just went out to fly today and I've got the same issue; big icons and an error message when I start the app. Everything looks all zoomed in. It was working fine a few days ago, with no error message on the splash screen. I've been flying with the S8+ for a few months now with no issues till today.  Trying to uninstall and reinstall the app now, Ill report back with the results.
2017-9-27
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
United States

I uninstalled the app and resintalled the app from the play store link and I'm back to the way it was before with no error message on the splash screen.
2017-9-28
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What version of the app did you get? Still 4.1.9?
2017-9-28
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Go into phone settings:  Display > Resolution > change to 1920 x 1080;  Display > Mode > change to basic from any fancy mode like cinematic.  Both of these changes will reduce the processing required and on my S7 fixed the app disconnect problem.  I have flow about 12 times now since the 2017/09/19 update without any issues.
2017-9-28
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Bill in ohio i already suggested that to him....he says i dont get the point...clearly he dont
2017-9-28
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The point I said you dont get is that the app in market is clearly not the same as the one they provide on their website. Even when it is the same app version.
Again... why do we have to change the resolution when it clearly works without having to do that? Please explain that to me.
Why loose the benefit of having a high resolution display because of one app? If thats a solution that works for you, then good for you, change the resolution on your phone. That solution doesn't satisfy me.
Please dont take it personal, its just an app.
2017-9-28
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
United States

Bill and Gambino - Changing the resolution didn't actually fix the problem. I changed resolution, reset my phone and it still had the same issue... Had to uninstall and reinstall...  I'm on 4.1.9.  Turned off auto app updates.
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules