Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What 30m-50m distance limit means?
1774 13 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ale Reynoso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

I can not get in which circumstances you get this and limits your flights
We are still running Go 4 4.1.3 in our main ipad (we do not want to update!!!). Just by error, we udpated our B ipad (camera operator) to 4.1.11. We are getting constantly this message in that ipad. Fortunately ipad in RC B does not actually limits drone distance to fly. We are trying to downgrade B ipad but meantime we would like to know how to solve this.

What is this new function for????
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ale, sorry for the trouble caused, I suggest to downgrade APP.
When users encounter this problem, we suggest to return the drone to home point, restart the aircraft and then APP as a temporary solution.
2017-9-25
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-25 00:03
Ale, sorry for the trouble caused, I suggest to downgrade APP.
When users encounter this problem, we suggest to return the drone to home point, restart the aircraft and then APP as a temporary solution.

DJI Mindy,

please explain the official way to downgrade on IOS to a lower version.

Thanks,
K.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 2017-9-25 00:24
DJI Mindy,

Sorry that there is no official way to downgrade APP, but I believe many users have their own way.
2017-9-25
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Keule Posted at 2017-9-25 00:24
DJI Mindy,

The only way I know of is to keep a copy of the older  Go app on your I tunes account.  

I do this and Make sure I do not have my Apple devices on Auto Update.  If you have auto update for the apps  , then you will get the New app without requesting it .  I always wait till the kinks are worked out then I update Only ONE of my devices and still keep the Old app On my I tunes account .

donnie
2017-9-25
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-25 10:36
The only way I know of is to keep a copy of the older  Go app on your I tunes account.  

I do this and Make sure I do not have my Apple devices on Auto Update.  If you have auto update for the apps  , then you will get the New app without requesting it .  I always wait till the kinks are worked out then I update Only ONE of my devices and still keep the Old app On my I tunes account .

This is no longer available if you have updated to IOS11.
2017-9-25
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-9-25 11:40

And all most certainly intentional - thank you Apple overlords!
2017-9-25
Use props
Ale Reynoso
Second Officer
Argentina

method007 Posted at 2017-9-25 11:43
And all most certainly intentional - thank you Apple overlords!

We will try to downgrade... but why this limit ever exist? What is the function?
2017-9-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-25 10:36

Also, like cougar said with iOS 11 the new iTunes 12.7 removed the ability to see or manage your Apps on the iPhone or iPad. I am talking about the PC version and was unable to participate in the Inspire beta project because I had already updated my PC.

So the backups are nice to have but with normal methods are not going to help you anymore.

Rich
2017-9-25
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-9-25 11:40

I have not updated to the latest operating system , so NOT aware of this  .  Thanks for the update .

Going back to the Original Post , How would you go about getting  and installing  an older go app ?

donnie
2017-9-26
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-26 04:41
I have not updated to the latest operating system , so NOT aware of this  .  Thanks for the update .

Going back to the Original Post , How would you go about getting  and installing  an older go app ?

Hi Donnie, If your devise is not updated to IOS 11 (or any other devises linked to your account) and you have NOT updated iTunes either you would go to the "Mobile applications" folder in iTunes and drag your saved old app (ipa file) into the list. You also need to delete the new app before you right-click on the app you like to install and tell the iTunes to open the file with iTunes. This was the old way to get an older app installed via iTunes.

When Apple updated iTunes it removed the ability to see OR sync any apps. When you update any device linked to your account to IOS11 they also made syncing apps via iTunes no longer possible on any device even if they where not updated to IOS 11.

I tried to outsmart Apple (not successful) by keeping 1 computer on old software and also my iPad Pro 10.5" not updated to IOS11 to retain this ability to roll back. Again no such luck, as soon as 1 devise is updated the ability to roll back is gone via iTunes.
2017-9-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-9-26 05:47
Hi Donnie, If your devise is not updated to IOS 11 (or any other devises linked to your account) and you have NOT updated iTunes either you would go to the "Mobile applications" folder in iTunes and drag your saved old app (ipa file) into the list. You also need to delete the new app before you right-click on the app you like to install and tell the iTunes to open the file with iTunes. This was the old way to get an older app installed via iTunes.

When Apple updated iTunes it removed the ability to see OR sync any apps. When you update any device linked to your account to IOS11 they also made syncing apps via iTunes no longer possible on any device even if they where not updated to IOS 11.

They are some clever bastar(d)s  aren't they .  Thanks for the information

donnie
2017-9-26
Use props
Alessandro Gara
First Officer
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure you are logged into the app
2017-9-26
Use props
Ale Reynoso
Second Officer
Argentina

Alessandro Gara Posted at 2017-9-26 07:04
make sure you are logged into the app

I was for sure logged in. No luck. Will try to reinstall.
My question still remains. What is the use of this limit? What is DJI pursuing with this?
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules