2038 15 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Okay, so I bascially lost my drone at sea 2 days ago. I believe I did a few mistakes but it was still not entirely my fault.

What happened is that I lost sight of the boat and since I was out at sea the map wasn't working (should have used my ipad where I downloaded the map beforehand no my iphone!!) so I tried to update manually the home point to my current location but the app never updated my home point. I tried doing so more than once but the home point was never changed. When I lost sight I flew straight to the home point (which should have been my position but was the original place I took off from), and thus the mavic landed in the water.

I was running on the previous version of DJI GO (before dynamic home point update was added) on ios 10.3.2 on my iPhone 6s Plus. Can someone explain why the home point never updated?

Clearly it's not a problem from my iPhone since my location is visible on the logs. Is it a fault from the DJI GO app?

As can be seen home point should have been set to the blue dot but this never happened....
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your post. Please contact the support and start a case if the drone is in the warranty period: http://www.dji.com/support. We will conduct data analysis to look into the accident and offer you the corresponding solutions. Please PM me your case number once you got it, I'd like to follow up the status.
2017-9-25
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-25 05:16
I'm sorry to read your post. Please contact the support and start a case if the drone is in the warranty period: http://www.dji.com/support. We will conduct data analysis to look into the accident and offer you the corresponding solutions. Please PM me your case number once you got it, I'd like to follow up the status.

Thank you! I will contact support straight away and provide flight logs
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

travelrikk Posted at 2017-9-25 09:06
Thank you! I will contact support straight away and provide flight logs

You are welcome! Please come back to us if you have more questions.
2017-9-27
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 02:50
You are welcome! Please come back to us if you have more questions.

I just got an email back from support that is was a warranty fault and I will get a 100% voucher to purchase the drone alone. Show what a serious company DJI is. Thank you for all your help and the team at DJI
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

travelrikk Posted at 2017-9-30 00:54
I just got an email back from support that is was a warranty fault and I will get a 100% voucher to purchase the drone alone. Show what a serious company DJI is. Thank you for all your help and the team at DJI

Thanks for your positive feedback! Wish you could fly the drone soon. Have a nice weekend!
2017-9-30
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-30 01:07
Thanks for your positive feedback! Wish you could fly the drone soon. Have a nice weekend!

Sorry to bother you again but I got an email stating that I will the voucher 6 days ago but I never heard back from DJI nor got the voucher..
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-4 23:52
Sorry to bother you again but I got an email stating that I will the voucher 6 days ago but I never heard back from DJI nor got the voucher..

I am sorry for that China is on an 8 days' holiday since 1 October. So the process might be a little delay. Would you mind telling me the case number so I would help to escalate it once our colleagues come back to work?
2017-10-5
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 03:04
I am sorry for that China is on an 8 days' holiday since 1 October. So the process might be a little delay. Would you mind telling me the case number so I would help to escalate it once our colleagues come back to work?

CAS-1041883-W6W1W8 CRM:0056000000493

Just realised all my emails (cases) were being marked as solved so I just opened a follow up case
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-5 03:21
CAS-1041883-W6W1W8 CRM:0056000000493

Just realised all my emails (cases) were being marked as solved so I just opened a follow up case

Received with thanks! Per the case log, your coupon is in processing, our colleagues will send it to you once it is ready. I appreciate your patience.
2017-10-9
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-9 03:31
Received with thanks! Per the case log, your coupon is in processing, our colleagues will send it to you once it is ready. I appreciate your patience.

Yes, there was a delayed reply due to the holiday in China which I wasn't aware about. Customare support contact me again a few days and like you said. Thanks again for your help
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-10 00:31
Yes, there was a delayed reply due to the holiday in China which I wasn't aware about. Customare support contact me again a few days and like you said. Thanks again for your help

Sir, per the case log, the coupon has been sent to you. Please check your email whether it has been well received. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions. Nice day!
2017-10-11
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 01:55
Sir, per the case log, the coupon has been sent to you. Please check your email whether it has been well  received. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions. Nice day!

It was and I've ordered the mavic. Thread can be closed.

Thanks for your help
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-12 01:51
It was and I've ordered the mavic. Thread can be closed.

Thanks for your help

It's my pleasure. Glad that we have figured it out. Looking forward more great videos from you.
2017-10-12
Use props
jacobb
New

India

little bit confused
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jacobb Posted at 2-28 06:05
little bit confused