Where's THOR!?!?!?
1004 19 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

So.....has anyone here seen THOR around?!!?!?.....been sending him some info and no response yet.

Is he ok?!?!
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-25
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Maybe if you posted a few more duplicate threads he might show up to see what all the fuss is about?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

HI, how can I help you?
2017-9-25
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 11:31
HI, how can I help you?

hi mark. here's some PM'S i sent to thor regarding the 300 beta:

Hi Thor, So far….so good! Installed the latest BETA and totally a different story! Image quality is way much better…although may-june firmware was best. In this dropbox link you will have access to photos and videos for your technicians to check on. LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o6wlo ... z8p6MZsL7klZGa?dl=0

I still believe that image quality can be set to be even better. All shot in CINELIKE Some things to check: 1- Flight is way more stable….that’s positive! 2- When switching from cinelike to dlog, you can not go back to cinelike. there’s a bug there. 3- Wind warnings: at no point during the flight. did NOT see any warning. 4- Photos: Jpegs files are ok, but DNG are blurry. 5- Battery drains faster So, thor, thanks for the beta. Hope you guys at DJI publish a respectful, awesome and stable firmware update.

something else....almost forgot!.....flight distance....too short. Transmission lost after 70 meters

Thor....did more tests today.....check this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwlu8 ... 8xRZxZ7xgQu7Aa?dl=0

DNG files have a focus problem. JPEG files are ok

4K videos look ok....still, a small ammount of jellow can be seen

1080-60fps....there's problems...image quality is really not good. looks muddy, blurred and shaky

Image files dng-jpeg are already available. videos 1 in 4K and another at 1920x1080 will be available in some minutes. All files from card

is there a chance that you give me access to the original firmware that came with the drone?, so i can be able to downgrade to that version?

Best, Angel P. Puello
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-25 12:47
hi mark. here's some PM'S i sent to thor regarding the 300 beta:

Hi Thor, So far….so good! Installed the latest BETA and totally a different story! Image quality is way much better…although may-june firmware was best. In this dropbox link you will have access to photos and videos for your technicians to check on. LINK:

Thank you Angel. I appreciate the information. Do you have a previous ticket or repair number that I can look at? We would not be able to provide an earlier firmware. Do you have a previous communication I can refer to?
2017-9-25
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 12:56
Thank you Angel. I appreciate the information. Do you have a previous ticket or repair number that I can look at? We would not be able to provide an earlier firmware. Do you have a previous communication I can refer to?

Mark...it's not about a repair...it's trying to get a downgrade to get my drone back as it was before the last firmware update. lot's of problems after that my friend!

My drone is ok...but as you can see in videos and photos...it's a complete mess.

Can you help!?

Best,
2017-9-25
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Or a fix, a solution, something that makes my drone back as hiw it was. All that info was intended to be delivered to dji technicians or software engineers in irder to help make a better firmware. So, it’s also helping solve issues.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sir, sorry for the late response first. Our engineers are still working on the P4 issue, and we are keeping follow it, but the final solution has not come out. As for the blurred DNG files, I have forwarded to our engineers to look into it, we will keep you posted.

Also, P4 is not available to downgrade for now. If you are in a hurry, I would recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis, our engineers will be glad to help you.

By the way, the PM may not work well sometimes, so that I can't reply you in time, please kindly understand. Again, I apologize for all the inconvenience.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi  Angel, this is from the engineers: we have checked your data and both DNG and jpeg files seem fine. If you feel DNG is softer than jpeg, it's because that DNG is for the customer to post-processing and we do not apply sharpening and denoising on DNG file. you can use software, such as Photoshop, to fine tune DNG file. thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-15 22:55
Hi  Angel, this is from the engineers: we have checked your data and both DNG and jpeg files seem fine. If you feel DNG is softer than jpeg, it's because that DNG is for the customer to post-processing and we do not apply sharpening and denoising on DNG file. you can use software, such as Photoshop, to fine tune DNG file. thanks.

what about the 1080 video quality!?....why does it looks soo out of focus and muddy!?.....was way more sharp with older versions. Also sent samples of it
2017-10-16
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-15 22:55

here's a link on how the 1920 x 1080 looks after latest firmware update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u63vjr7ltptrfcq/DJI_0104.MOV?dl=0

4k is ok, but the other formats looks like the one shown in the link
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-10-16 08:04

I had watched the footage that you provided, I personally think that the camera works OK, but I will ask the engineers to check again.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-10-16 08:04

Updated, we don't catch the loss focus or muddy issue. Would you mind pointing out or making a comparison before the update?
2017-10-18
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 01:49
Updated, we don't catch the loss focus or muddy issue. Would you mind pointing out or making a comparison before the update?

My pleasure!

This one you already have it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u63vjr7ltptrfcq/DJI_0104.MOV?dl=0

Now...these ones were shot back in december 2016:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1975g ... NKPILM5iH3NXLa?dl=0

the differences are HUGE!!!.....and also very clear. that latest firmware has downgraded the camera.

Thor, my friend, i work as a producer, DP and photographer, and have years of experience in this. You can check my instagram page at: https://www.instagram.com/cinefilms/

hope dji engineers can see the differences now.

All the best my friend!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-10-18 14:33
My pleasure!

This one you already have it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u63vjr7ltptrfcq/DJI_0104.MOV?dl=0

Thank you for your assistant, will forward to the engineers and get back to you once I heard something. Appreciate your patience.
2017-10-18
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

We have upgraded our product to the latest version, and we compare images & video with the previous version. But we do not find the issue you mentioned. Besides, we have checked you DNG file and the lens seems slightly out of focus at far, but clear at center, which we think it is fine for P4 is infinit focus lens. The video recorded at previous FW is at backlight and can't judge the image quality well, could you provide a 1080p60 video recorded at sunny day? Actually, 1080p60 is a binning mode, which is more blurry and serrated compared with non-binning mode. This is the limitation of hardware.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-10-18 14:33
My pleasure!

Cinefilms, 17# is the reply from our engineers. Just for your reference.
2017-11-21
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-21 03:15
Cinefilms, 17# is the reply from our engineers. Just for your reference.

Susan, i think that reply from the engineers is a way to get out "quick" from a real situation that many other users in this forum have already post. I will fly my drone this coming weekend and will upload videos and pictures so the engineers don't have a vague response on this matter.

Thanks for following up!

Best,
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-11-22 10:02
Susan, i think that reply from the engineers is a way to get out "quick" from a real situation that many other users in this forum have already post. I will fly my drone this coming weekend and will upload videos and pictures so the engineers don't have a vague response on this matter.

Thanks for following up!

Thanks so much! We will wait for your update.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules