Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark panoramas 360 spherical, sunset, sunrise.(new pics added)
12345678Next >
48299 305 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

Sharing some of my panoramas taken with the spark, all have been processed in Lightroom and stitched with the free ICE from windows. Enjoy.
Panorama Sunset Point Park Sunset Ontario

(from the air only)
Thornbury sunset.jpg
(sunset at the park 1)
Sunset at the park (2).jpg
(sunset at the park 2)
Sunset at the park (1).jpg
(Thornbury sunset)
Thornbury.jpg
(Thornbury) 2.jpg

Only from the air .jpg
Terminal Sunrise.jpg
millenium park.jpg
sunset.jpg
moon.jpg
take off shot.jpg
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Awesome! I think you are a good photographer. Please share more pictures with us.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, Hecate
Your work are amazing and sooooooo impressive!!!  I am going to top and digest it and then show your thread on our forum home page. I notice that all your pics are uploaded as attachment, which could not be view on the mobile so I edit it and re-upload your pics. Hope this not confuse you. By the way here is a tip for you when uploading your nice pics, click the "confirm" button after uploading successfully and then you will see your pic appear on your draft.
Regards.
Grace
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hecate Posted at 2017-11-1 11:59
Hi DJI Grace,
I have added the missing picture and one more. Took your advice and clicked confirm but they are not showing up on my draft.
Regards,

Hi, Hecate
I am soooooo sorry to miss your pics in the re- editing, hope that not influence you so much.
And if that steps do not work, let me check it and then summarize some instructions on that.
Just enjoying the sharing!
Proud of you sharing nice work here.
Regards~~~
Grace
2017-11-2
Use props
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

awesome photos, how did you do the Collingwood museum to look round like that?
2017-9-25
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

Frangu Posted at 2017-9-25 08:15
awesome photos, how did you do the Collingwood museum to look round like that?

Hi, Litchi has a 360 panorama mode but i do them manually also, stitched the panorama and than went into coral paintshop pro, resized the image to a square and used the polar coordinates filter with border stretch to automatically fill the corners. And that is it.
2017-9-25
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

very cool!!
2017-9-25
Use props
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

Hecate Posted at 2017-9-25 08:30
Hi, Litchi has a 360 panorama mode but i do them manually also, stitched the panorama and than went into coral paintshop pro, resized the image to a square and used the polar coordinates filter with border stretch to automatically fill the corners. And that is it.

using litchi, has it been reliable with the spark?
2017-9-25
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning stills! I find using the DJI media maker for stitching 180 and Horizontal pano's works great too. Free download from the DJI site under Osmo downloads and fully compatible with the pano's and time lapses produced with the Spark.  
2017-9-25
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning stills! I find using the DJI media maker for stitching 180 and Horizontal pano's works great too. Free download from the DJI site under Osmo downloads and fully compatible with the pano's and time lapses produced with the Spark.  
2017-9-25
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

Frangu Posted at 2017-9-25 08:52
using litchi, has it been reliable with the spark?

Hi, yes litchi has been doing very well with the spark since the August update and had no problems whatsoever, orbit and way points do not work yet but hope that the next update will take care of that.
2017-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah. This is pure beauty
2017-9-25
Use props
pr777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Nice work sphere pic cool  coming to spark in update .............
2017-9-25
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

pr777 Posted at 2017-9-25 10:41
Nice work sphere pic cool  coming to spark in update .............

Yes and i am looking forward having that capability and see how good it is.
Every time I am making a sphere pic i take the top 50% of the photo and stretch it higher (almost double it ) and resize it square again, reason is to make the trees and houses appear normal. So i will wait and see how good it will be with the app.
2017-9-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

gorgeous pictures .. Love the sunset one.
2017-9-25
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Captain
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

Great Panoramas, particularly liked the Collingwood Museum. What Altitude were you at. I've been working at 200 to 300 ft, but will now try much lower
2017-9-26
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2017-9-26 00:50
Great Panoramas, particularly liked the Collingwood Museum. What Altitude were you at. I've been working at 200 to 300 ft, but will now try much lower

Hi, was not that high around 15 meters 45 feet.
2017-9-26
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Captain
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

Hecate Posted at 2017-9-26 01:33
Hi, was not that high around 15 meters 45 feet.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

How many images did you use? I've been using 20 per panorama and that seems to work ok.
2017-9-26
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2017-9-26 02:55
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

How many images did you use? I've been using 20 per panorama and that seems to work ok.

20, 21 for a normal 360, sometimes i will take a few more if a subject is really close to the camera so that the stitching has no problems blending the photos.
2017-9-26
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gorgeous!!!
2017-9-26
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Cracking photos thanks for sharing
2017-9-26
Use props
Sassafras4me
lvl.1
United States

Nicely done, nicely processed!
2017-9-26
Use props
JT.FAN
lvl.1

Singapore

2017-9-26
Use props
Johnny C!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

I want to see, but I need 1 more point, I suppose.

I just bought a Spark, and have not been able to
get the RC to update yet. New app was supposed
to be released today.

John
2017-9-26
Use props
Johnny C!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Now I can see them. Nice work.

The kind of images I want to make.

Thanks!

John
2017-9-26
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Soooo awesome - love the light/colors on the first photos - thanks for sharing
2017-9-26
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Awesome shots mate
2017-9-26
Use props
AlfredR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195965 ft
Netherlands

Very cool pics! I especially like the last one.
2017-9-26
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
Captain
Flight distance : 34753871 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very nice photos, good sharpness and exposure!
2017-9-27
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66575 ft
Canada

Nice pictures.
Do you do this recreationally or commercially?
2017-9-27
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hecate Posted at 2017-9-25 08:30

Aloha Hecate,
You can get a "Tiny World" affect with ICE and fill in the corners too.  After you Stich the Images, choose the Spherical Projection and then you can adjust the image to appear "round".  To fill in the corners, choose "Auto Complete" and then you can Crop the image to the desired  "Square" size....
2017-9-27
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

Great shots. Really impressive stuff.
2017-9-27
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-27 12:00
Aloha Hecate,
You can get a "Tiny World" affect with ICE and fill in the corners too.  After you Stich the Images, choose the Spherical Projection and then you can adjust the image to appear "round".  To fill in the corners, choose "Auto Complete" and then you can Crop the image to the desired  "Square" size....

Thank you for the advice, will try it out and i am sure will work for some of them and save me time. For close by however i need to stretch the top 50% so that homes and trees have a proper aspect ratio that's what i did to the museum one.
2017-9-27
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Canada

I'm going to suggest you go to the transport Canada website and educate yourself on the rules for recreational drone users.  Mainly the 9km no drone zone around any airports, aerodromes, heliports, water takeoff,,,etc.  
As commercial users we do a lot of work in that area and for the town of Collingwood. Please respect the rules and don't endanger people or aircraft...
2017-9-27
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

PJMC-UAV Posted at 2017-9-27 13:27
I'm going to suggest you go to the transport Canada website and educate yourself on the rules for recreational drone users.  Mainly the 9km no drone zone around any airports, aerodromes, heliports, water takeoff,,,etc.  
As commercial users we do a lot of work in that area and for the town of Collingwood. Please respect the rules and don't endanger people or aircraft...

Hi, I suggest you do the same and get yourself informed, its no longer 9km, law got changed at least 8 weeks ago. Regards
2017-9-27
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Canada

My bad, don't know why I put the 9km range in.  5.5km from airports and at least 1.8km from heliports..
Tell me, how far are you from the Collingwood regional health centre heliport at the museum?  Just about half the mandatory distance..
Did you have permission from the t
own for the Museum pictures?
I'm betting you didn't have permission.  So looking at that, I'd say you do need to take a good look at your current droning practices..
2017-9-27
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

PJMC-UAV Posted at 2017-9-27 13:55
My bad, don't know why I put the 9km range in.  5.5km from airports and at least 1.8km from heliports..
Tell me, how far are you from the Collingwood regional health centre heliport at the museum?  Just about half the mandatory distance..
Did you have permission from the t

The permission from the town to take pictures of the museum is only required for commercial work. It is a public property owned by the town so anyone can take pictures of it.
2017-9-27
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Canada

Recreational users cannot fly a drone in that area due to distance from the heliport.
The museum is the Town of Collingwood museum. Owned by the town. Commercial users with an SFOC/appropriate insurance and permission/coordination from the town can operate in that area abiding by the rules, providing they do everything they are required to do. Recreational users cannot even fly in that area due to the proximity of the helipad at the hospital.
Of course a passerby with a cell or camera can take a picture, but a flying drone is an entirely different matter altogether.

2017-9-27
Use props
Hecate
Second Officer
Canada

PJMC-UAV Posted at 2017-9-27 14:53
Recreational users cannot fly a drone in that area due to distance from the heliport.
The museum is the Town of Collingwood museum. Owned by the town. Commercial users with an SFOC/appropriate insurance and permission/coordination from the town can operate in that area abiding by the rules, providing they do everything they are required to do. Recreational users cannot even fly in that area due to the proximity of the helipad at the hospital.
Of course a passerby with a cell or camera can take a picture, but a flying drone is an entirely different matter altogether.

Unless i used a modified drone that is less than 250 grams
Note: removed some of my comments, forgot, cant use anything regarding modifications on this forum.
2017-9-27
Use props
Javey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

That first picture took my breath away!  Nice shot!  The third is also really neat.  Haven't seen a pic like that yet.
2017-9-27
Use props
the-bunker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2308081 ft
United Kingdom

Awesome pics ! - we went there in June & I really wanted to take some pics with my Mavic, but very cautious with all these regs, so thanks for posting.
2017-9-28
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Canada

I'm not assuming anything. You've clearly stated the drone you used and the height you flew at for the Collingwood museum.
  Just ask yourself this before you fly and then post online.
Is what Im doing safe?
Is what I'm doing legal?
Will it withstand an investigation by Transport Canada and local PD if a complaint arises.

Because those are the minimum consequences if something occurs.
It's a blunt reality.
Good luck in your future legal and safe drone ventures.

2017-9-28
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules