DJI Osmo Mobile Misfire
963 4 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

I have completely given up on the regular Osmo (consistent corrupted files even with a very fast SD card). But, I had a training video to shoot for a client and I decided to use the Osmo Mobile with an iPhone SE to shoot an additional angle.  During the shoot, the DJI Go app shut itself down several times (at about 19 minutes each time), and three out of seven clips fail to save.  I can see them in the DJI Go app.  I just can't get them to save for editing.  There is plenty of memory on the phone, but nothing I have tried works to save these files.  Between fighting the Osmo's corrupted files and now the Mobile's inability to save a file for use, I am giving up completely on DJI products for use on anything professional, even though they like to bill themselves as a professional quality product.  
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Have you tried to download onto a computer and edit the videos that way? Perhaps the video files are too large as not every mobile device can handle 4k (if indeed that is the size you are using.)
2017-9-28
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 09:46
Have you tried to download onto a computer and edit the videos that way? Perhaps the video files are too large as not every mobile device can handle 4k (if indeed that is the size you are using.)

In the DJI Go 4 app, you have to "save" the file before you can move it to a computer, unless I am missing something.  The files don't show up in Image Capture or Photos until you do.
2017-9-29
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 09:46

In the DJI Go 4 app, you have to "save" the file before you can move it to a computer, unless I am missing something.  The files don't show up in Image Capture or Photos until you do.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187408 ft
United States

Same problem.  I just shot 6 clips of video on the Oslo Mobile using an iPhone SE.  I have 40 gigs of memory left on the phone.  I can not save the clips from DJI Go, so I can't get them out of the phone for the video I need to make.  
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules