Tips on migrating from Mavic to P4P+ ?
818 20 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

A couple months ago my MP and many other things were stolen.  I've finally settled on a new quad.  While I was very keen on getting another MP, in the end I'm opting for a Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  

No doubt a few others here have either switched to this a/c or have added one to their collection.  I'd be grateful for any tips on must have accessories, as I make the transition.

There's a few things I need to get, for instance a backpack, ND filters, a multi battery charger and car charger (wish there was some way I could adapt my MP car charger...) so any suggestions here would be welcome.

2017-9-25
Use props
HESTOR
New
Flight distance : 17667 ft
Chile

Do not buy a Phantom 4 Pro plus.
Just buy Phantom 4 Pro instead.
On the P4P+ you can’t download DJI GS PRO, or any other app.
2017-9-25
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

HESTOR Posted at 2017-9-25 13:50
Do not buy a Phantom 4 Pro plus.
Just buy Phantom 4 Pro instead.
On the P4P+ you can’t download DJI GS PRO, or any other app.

I agree, have read many horror stories here and other forums about the P4P+, especially not being able to use 3rd party apps like Litchi, also many issues with it freezing up, blank screen ect.

Alas I fell victim to DJI's Crystal Sky, enticed by it's no glare 1000 nit screen, dual SD Card slots, HDMI Output and so called seamless DJI integrated software but I can't use Litchi or Ground Station Pro for planning missions. I revert back to my trusty Galaxy S5 for that. CS owners are left behind with GO 4 App updates, they still haven't released the latest Driod update 4.1.9 maybe 4.1.10 by now, still running 4.1.6 and will not update past that as of yet. I think the plus uses the same as the CS.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, the P4P+ with build-in screen doesn't support to install the APP or connect the external another screen, please kindly note and make sure if it is the one you needed.
2017-9-25
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Woah!  I didn’t realise that the Plus presented so many minuses!  The ability to use non-DJI apps is pretty critical. I’ll see if I can cancel the order. It is a shame as low screen brightness has been such a problem.
2017-9-26
Use props
HAH
New
Flight distance : 39088 ft
Madagascar

We bought P4P+ since 10 days.
We are discovering that we can't use waypoint fonction outside rc connetion.
We cannot connect external screen to install other application to do it.
Do you know if we can control P4P+ with only iPad, without rc sold with it ?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

HAH Posted at 2017-9-26 08:16

You would not be able to control the P 4 P plus without a remote. Have you considered getting the Ground Station pro? You can read more about it here: http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2017-9-26
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

What do you mean by you cannot connect an external screen?  Actually DJI Susan said the same thing and I don't understand why.

The P4P+ has HDMI output, so why couldn't you connect any kind of screen/monitor that you wanted?

But yeah, I would not want to be stuck with that controller.  And if I had already ordered one I'd cancel it pronto.  Ain't worth it.  DJI needs to stop telling us what to do with our devices once we've purchased them.  Not being able to install stuff on our own android device is ridiculous!
2017-9-26
Use props
HAH
New
Madagascar

thanks DJI Mark
Ground Station Pro work only under ios
P4P+ have internal screen on Android
and you canot remove internal screen to replace by iPad or tablet
P4P+ in fact is very limited usage ... only basic function
less that P4P
don't buy it
2017-9-26
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

OK by "screen" you mean "tablet".  Gotcha.  Well all I can say is if you didn't want the CrystalSky, then why buy the P4P+ in the first place?  That's the only thing the + has going for it, so if the whole point of the model doesn't interest you, why buy it?
2017-9-26
Use props
HAH
New
Madagascar

Because nowhere is mentioned the fact that third party software are not allowed. As stupid consumer I thought that P4P+ is. better than P4P
2017-9-26
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

HAH Posted at 2017-9-26 20:48
Because nowhere is mentioned the fact that third party software are not allowed. As stupid consumer I thought that P4P+ is. better than P4P

Which is exactly my (bad) rationale for focusing on the same model.  I'm now looking at the P4P.
2017-9-27
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

The fact that you cannot install external apps on the remote is absolutely mentioned and has been mentioned for a long time, you guys just don't bother to read: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#faq . It's FAQ #10 under remote controller.  It's been there for a long time.

2017-09-27_10-30-54.png
2017-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-26 08:21
You would not be able to control the P 4 P plus without a remote. Have you considered getting the Ground Station pro? You can read more about it here: http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro

Is it possible to buy a standard controller (like the one from P4P) and pair it to a P4P+?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-27 10:49
Is it possible to buy a standard controller (like the one from P4P) and pair it to a P4P+?

If the remote is from a Phantom 4 Pro, you can use it in this case. If the remote is from a Phantom 4, you would not be able to use it.
2017-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-27 11:35
If the remote is from a Phantom 4 Pro, you can use it in this case. If the remote is from a Phantom 4, you would not be able to use it.

Thanks for the info!
2017-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can however buy a standard remote for P4P and pair that to your P4P+
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-remote-controller
2017-9-27
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Update - I've purchased a used P4P and am awaiting receipt of it. Looking forward to being airborne again.
2017-9-28
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

Not sure if you're still looking for some decent accessories, but here's a comprehensive list of some of the best backpacks & cases as I assume you'll be needing of those.
2017-10-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-9-27 09:32
The fact that you cannot install external apps on the remote is absolutely mentioned and has been mentioned for a long time, you guys just don't bother to read: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#faq . It's FAQ #10 under remote controller.  It's been there for a long time.

Another fact is that the manual state:

"Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight."

"The Remote Controller of the Phantom 4 Pro+ includes a display device optimized for the DJI GO 4 app. No other mobile devices are required."

It miss to mention that no other Apps/Devices are possible on + !
2017-10-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Btw. just noticed a very fresh manual has been released for P4P&+
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules