Firmware will not update
1292 10 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikesobola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46322 ft
United States

My DJI software tells me my aircraft and lens both need a firmware update.  I have the Inspire 1 Pro with the X5.  I know how to do this...done it may times.  However, the aircraft does not see the file on the SD card when inserted.  The craft flies fine and there are no other issues.  I've tried re-starting, re-downloading the file and inserting it again, everything I could think of.  Nothing works.  

Help!

2017-9-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, when you go to the downloads page are you choosing the X5 from the "Product Select " box ?
If that is not it , (I think it will be though) read my tips page  as well.  
Make sure the AC IS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE RC TRANSMITTER AND THE RC TRANMITTER IS OFF WHEN UPDAING THE AIRCRAFT.. BE SURE TO UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST .

TIPS FOR UPLOADING FIRMWARE - SD  card updating and RC Transmitter

donnie

select product.PNG
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Donnie has got the point, please make sure you downloaded the correct firmware.
Then, format your SD card to make sure there is no other file.
The aircraft must exit travel mode.
2017-9-25
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
United States

Been there, done that. I've tried everything.  RC off, Formatted disc, re-formatted disc, tried a new disc, tried a third disc...it just does not see anything on the disc. It records fine, however.
M
2017-9-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

mikesobola@veri Posted at 2017-9-26 05:31
Been there, done that. I've tried everything.  RC off, Formatted disc, re-formatted disc, tried a new disc, tried a third disc...it just does not see anything on the disc. It records fine, however.
M

Are you using a MAC or PC ?  If you can format the SD card on the Aircraft  this way you are sure of it being compatible .
You do have the RC off correct ?
try another computer preferebly  a PC to load it .  

Do you get any result on the SD card when you try the install ?  Anthing at all ???
are the lights indicating that it is updating ?  do you get any chime tones at all ????

I would look at the hidden file if it will load and see where you stand .

I know you have experience, just trying to see if it is  just something that  being familar with things can sometimes make us forget things , Know what I mean . Like a pilot who loweres the flaps everytime before taking off but on one occasion just forgets  . That is why pilots use checklist, even though they have done it 100 times.  Maybe a poor example but you get my drift .

donnie

2017-9-26
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
United States

Hey,
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried everything.   Nothing happens when I put the disc in.  It does not see the file. I have tried different discs, formatting in MACs, PCs, in the aircraft, nothing works. I have tried turning off and on, I have tried throwing it against the wall really hard.  Not really.  But everything else.
2017-9-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am afraid that you are probably running of option. You may need to take your craft to a local dealer for testing.
2017-9-28
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

mikesobola@veri Posted at 2017-9-27 12:36
Hey,
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried everything.   Nothing happens when I put the disc in.  It does not see the file. I have tried different discs, formatting in MACs, PCs, in the aircraft, nothing works. I have tried turning off and on, I have tried throwing it against the wall really hard.  Not really.  But everything else.

Did you FIRST  select the X5 from the drop down list on the downloads page ??
It may already be updated :  Fire up the entire system , then go to the "About"tab and list the FW that is on the AC .  Please list it here  so we can evaluate.  

donnie
2017-9-28
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Seems like my problem resulted from my deleting EVERYTHING except the .bin file from the disc.  While I did format the disc in the craft, I also deleted the files it added to the disc while formatting.  To fix it, I formatted, left the DCM folder alone and simply copied the .bin files to the root of the disc.  This worked like a charm.

M
2017-10-2
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Seems like my problem resulted from my deleting EVERYTHING except the .bin file from the disc.  While I did format the disc in the craft, I also deleted the files it added to the disc while formatting.  To fix it, I formatted, left the DCM folder alone and simply copied the .bin files to the root of the disc.  This worked like a charm.  M
2017-10-2
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

mikesobola@veri Posted at 2017-10-2 08:56
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Seems like my problem resulted from my deleting EVERYTHING except the .bin file from the disc.  While I did format the disc in the craft, I also deleted the files it added to the disc while formatting.  To fix it, I formatted, left the DCM folder alone and simply copied the .bin files to the root of the disc.  This worked like a charm.  M

Glad you have it sorted

donnie
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules