Phantom 4 Errors After Update Firmware
1579 22 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2205538 ft
Portugal

After the firmware update of my phantom 4, the drone stopped filming the camera, after starting to record a video the camera is facing up and begins to stabilize when you turn off the video, since the update that my drone only serves to take photos, DJI leaves a lot to be desired with these firmwares ....  I await an answer

JPG

JPG

JPG

JPG
IMG_0006.jpg

Photo Camera

Photo Camera
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload a short video of the camera issue? I'd like to help.
2017-9-25
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-25 23:28
Could you upload a short video of the camera issue? I'd like to help.

Good afternoon, I do not have video of the problem, when it happens it stops recording video and I lose the video signal with the drone, so I do not have any record of it.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FilipeCM Posted at 2017-9-26 07:08
Good afternoon, I do not have video of the problem, when it happens it stops recording video and I lose the video signal with the drone, so I do not have any record of it.

Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? If so, please record the process via mobile for better assistance.
2017-9-27
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

Good afternoon,

This can only be a joke, how do you want me to film the drone giving the problem when it's some distance from me?
Your update is a shame and your service begins to be dubious and unwilling to help, this case has already been reported a million times, you have not done anything and have not taken the update to be able to use ..... DJI starts to leave a lot to be desired ....

Thank you
2017-9-27
Use props
Professor Paoli
New
Flight distance : 26621 ft
Netherlands

This is another case where firmware is causing problems !
2017-9-27
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 03:09
Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? If so, please record the process via mobile for better assistance.

Good evening,

After having done all the procedures that I was told by email from DJI the drone stayed as you can see in the video the firmware is not even a shame I am not flying with a drone that cost me a lot of money, follows a video with the drone to have a "heart attack," I await further instructions to know what to do.

Thank you

2017-9-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FilipeCM Posted at 2017-9-27 12:09
Good evening,

After having done all the procedures that I was told by email from DJI the drone stayed as you can see in the video the firmware is not even a shame I am not flying with a drone that cost me a lot of money, follows a video with the drone to have a "heart attack," I await further instructions to know what to do.

What happens if you re-boot the aircraft, if it goes through normal start up then all should be good ?

You will also need to update the RC to its latest firmware for it to communicate with the aircraft.
2017-9-27
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-27 12:17
What happens if you re-boot the aircraft, if it goes through normal start up then all should be good ?

You will also need to update the RC to its latest firmware for it to communicate with the aircraft.

Hello,  

Yes it is true after reboot the problem has disappeared, now the drone continues to fly all unordered the video stops and the camera goes crazy the firmware is a shame ....  

Thank you for your help...
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FilipeCM Posted at 2017-9-27 12:09
Good evening,

Apologies if the firmware bothers you. What's the current firmware of the drone and controller? I'd like to push the beta firmware which fix the camera issue, please leave your DJI account and refresh to check.
2017-9-30
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Is it possible for me to get beta firmware? I have same issue 4K 30fps. Been months and months now. I am assuming P4 has been pushed to the back of the priority list. It reallly is a shame that p4 owners have to deal with these issues without proper resolve. I have had multiple issues since crap firmware release. Although I appreciate DJI employees on forum. Not their fault.
2017-9-30
Use props
MrCarbon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft
United States

Professor Paoli Posted at 2017-9-27 06:14
This is another case where firmware is causing problems !

hello, Could you point me in the right direction to downgrade firmware to the previous version I had?
thanks
2017-9-30
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

FilipeCM did you ever try to Restore factory defaults and then to refresh (reinstall) the firmware again and if so what is the result?
2017-9-30
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I think it is recommended to calibrate everything after that
2017-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2017-9-30 11:26
FilipeCM did you ever try to Restore factory defaults and then to refresh (reinstall) the firmware again and if so what is the result?

I have had pretty much the same issues but in a more extreme case were i ended up sending drone in for repair. Doing a factory reset and reloading firmware does not resolve any of these issues. Try getting the beta firmwre and see if that helps. Just be aware that like in my case if you continue with current firmware you could make your drone un flyable.
2017-9-30
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Try refresh the firmware, it may help.
2017-9-30
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

By the way, when did you buy your P4?
2017-9-30
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-30 03:19
Apologies if the firmware bothers you. What's the current firmware of the drone and controller? I'd like to push the beta firmware which fix the camera issue, please leave your DJI account and refresh to check.

My account is Filipejpcmartins@gmail.com.

So many tks
2017-10-2
Use props
FilipeCM
lvl.2
Portugal

Supong Posted at 2017-9-30 18:05
By the way, when did you buy your P4?

November 2016
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FilipeCM Posted at 2017-10-2 07:51
My account is .

So many tks

Well received, thank you! I will forward to the designated team to add you in, please check later.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flyin Ryan 420 Posted at 2017-9-30 08:17
Is it possible for me to get beta firmware? I have same issue 4K 30fps. Been months and months now. I am assuming P4 has been pushed to the back of the priority list. It reallly is a shame that p4 owners have to deal with these issues without proper resolve. I have had multiple issues since crap firmware release. Although I appreciate DJI employees on forum. Not their fault.

Sorry for the late response, I just received your message in PM. The beta firmware will not affect your warranty, no worries. Please tell us your DJI Account, I'll help you get the beta.BTW, please click the reply buttom under my reply, so that I can handle it timely, thanks!
2017-11-2
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

HMMMM Another 2016 like mine. What the heck is inside this thing ;-), that the firmware hates. Two of  buddies that were bought early 2017 have no issues.

2017-11-3
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-11-3 11:19
HMMMM Another 2016 like mine. What the heck is inside this thing ;-), that the firmware hates. Two of  buddies that were bought early 2017 have no issues.

The issues may come after some period of time right like with mine P4, after that I installed latest beta firmware 2.00.600 and now things looks very good :-)
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules