Limited Flight Distances
2187 22 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 607336 ft
United Kingdom

I was out this evening for the last hour of sun light with the phantom 3 pro hoping to get a little more practice in before the dark sets in. The phantom would only fly to a maximum of 40mts and a notice came up saying you have reached your maximum flight distance and would not fly any further. I tried to change the settings but nothing i changed would not let me fly the drone any further.

I changed positions by about 100mts to see if this would help, before i managed to get the drone flying the 10% sign came up for the tablet so i called it a day.

My thoughts are that my Three connection failed on the tablet leading to the drone not flying more than 40mts. Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

Cheers...Paul Tomo
2017-9-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2017-9-25
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Maybe its activated the begginer mode yet. Check it out.
2017-9-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

allyssongemelli Posted at 2017-9-25 11:38
Maybe its activated the begginer mode yet. Check it out.

I've had the enable max fly distance on and off but nothing happened, still couldn't fly past the 40mts mark. I've flown the drone now since Monday but this is the first time this as happened.

I don't think flying in the beginner mode will help me find out why this as happened but flying in beginner mode will help losing the drone until I gain more fly time.
Thanks
2017-9-25
Use props
fans581a91f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16079 ft
France

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-25 12:16
I've had the enable max fly distance on and off but nothing happened, still couldn't fly past the 40mts mark. I've flown the drone now since Monday but this is the first time this as happened.

I don't think flying in the beginner mode will help me find out why this as happened but flying in beginner mode will help losing the drone until I gain more fly time.

On the Panthom 3 SE I had to shut down the AC and turn it on again because it seemed the limitation I put in the app were not taken into account. I restarted everything and the limitation went away.
2017-9-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

fans581a91f0 Posted at 2017-9-25 12:22
On the Panthom 3 SE I had to shut down the AC and turn it on again because it seemed the limitation I put in the app were not taken into account. I restarted everything and the limitation went away.

This is the correct thing to do
2017-9-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-25 12:24
This is the correct thing to do

Would losing the wifi connection to the tablet make any difference?
2017-9-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No. It will still fly
2017-9-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-25 12:32
Would losing the wifi connection to the tablet make any difference?

I may have noticed message saying lost connection to aircraft?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-25 12:38
I may have noticed message saying lost connection to aircraft?

Do you refer the Aircraft Disconnected? Please try to adjust the antenna to see if there is any difference.

2017-9-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-25 23:22
Do you refer the Aircraft Disconnected? Please try to adjust the antenna to see if there is any difference.

https://youtu.be/P7M9JtfVwQE

thanks I'll try again tomorrow.
2017-9-26
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-26 12:34
thanks I'll try again tomorrow.

Iv'e been out with the phantom 3 pro twice today with two flights per session. The first two flights on the first session went ok with no problems, practiced the course lock mode on each flight and everything worked.
On the second session of the day the Maximum flight distance reached, 47mts I've not set any 47mts so this must be a default number?

Would I need to turn the RC off when I change to the second battery? I'm not in beginner mode.

Any more suggestions please.
2017-9-27
Use props
CyberSoft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 651434 ft

United Kingdom

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-27 09:17
Iv'e been out with the phantom 3 pro twice today with two flights per session. The first two flights on the first session went ok with no problems, practiced the course lock mode on each flight and everything worked.
On the second session of the day the Maximum flight distance reached, 47mts I've not set any 47mts so this must be a default number?

I also get this same problem after the latest FW update. The solution is (for me anyway) I need to log out of GO app and back in everytime I change battery.

My other problem is it never tells me where I flew now, just says Map Loading but it never loads.
2017-9-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

CyberSoft Posted at 2017-9-28 07:06
I also get this same problem after the latest FW update. The solution is (for me anyway) I need to log out of GO app and back in everytime I change battery.

My other problem is it never tells me where I flew now, just says Map Loading but it never loads.

Have you cached your flight area map in the app,  at home, while connected to your wifi network?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-28
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-28 07:12
Have you cached your flight area map in the app,  at home, while connected to your wifi network?

Ive not cached flight area map in the app, I'll need to look this up in the app?

Thanks for letting us know. I closed down the RC unit on my second battery yesterday and the problem with flight limitations didn't happen.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-27 09:17

Paul, is your app the latest version? Please check that if you log in your DJI account sucessfully. And you can try to fly back to home point and reboot your app and drone.
For your question about cached map, what model of device do you use?

2017-9-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-28 23:17
Ive not cached flight area map in the app, I'll need to look this up in the app?

Thanks for letting us know. I closed down the RC unit on my second battery yesterday and the problem with flight limitations didn't happen.

There should be a tab in the app you are using, that says Cache Map in Background.
Be sure that is switched on.

Bring up your map view, and scroll to the area you plan to fly.  Pinch squeeze the map to a closeup view, and slide it around, veiwing a larger area than your flight plan. That's about it. Now you can turn off the RC and device. Once you arrive at your location, the map "should" be available. Good luck. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-28 23:33
Paul, is your app the latest version? Please check that if you log in your DJI account sucessfully. And you can try to fly back to home point and reboot your app and drone.
For your question about cached map, what model of device do you use?

I've got the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and with the latest firmware, I've have just bought two batteries which all three batteries are uploaded and in sync with the Phantom 3.

I'll not be out for a couple of days so could I do the pinch the map thing  like RedHotPoker said without going out for a fly?
2017-9-29
Use props
JDM76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406562 ft
United States

This is a problem with something in DJI's system, thought hey haven't admitted it yet, i HOPE they are working on it!!  I purchased a new Phantom 3 Standard, and updated everything to the newest firmware.  I had the same issue SEVERAL times.  Deleting and reinstalling the app seemed to help, but the problem would pop up occasionally.  Landing, and rebooting the app, drone, and RC seemed to fix it (PITA!).  Then I bought a used Phantom 3 Pro that hadn't been updated since 2016 I think.  Never had any issues.  I'd get warnings about needing to update, but never had any connection or flight limitation problems.  Then just a few days ago I finally updated all of the Firmware.  Since then, I have had the flight distance issue happen TWICE!  Landed, rebooted, and took off again with no issues.  Didn't change settings or anything.  Just a simple reboot.

I REALLY hope DJI is working on this, as it is certainly a bug in something!  

2017-9-29
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JDM76 Posted at 2017-9-29 11:53
This is a problem with something in DJI's system, thought hey haven't admitted it yet, i HOPE they are working on it!!  I purchased a new Phantom 3 Standard, and updated everything to the newest firmware.  I had the same issue SEVERAL times.  Deleting and reinstalling the app seemed to help, but the problem would pop up occasionally.  Landing, and rebooting the app, drone, and RC seemed to fix it (PITA!).  Then I bought a used Phantom 3 Pro that hadn't been updated since 2016 I think.  Never had any issues.  I'd get warnings about needing to update, but never had any connection or flight limitation problems.  Then just a few days ago I finally updated all of the Firmware.  Since then, I have had the flight distance issue happen TWICE!  Landed, rebooted, and took off again with no issues.  Didn't change settings or anything.  Just a simple reboot.

I REALLY hope DJI is working on this, as it is certainly a bug in something!

I guess when the next updated firmware comes out they will have sorted the problem out and fixed it. Lots of problems with firmware in most drone's I guess. Next year I'll be going for the Phantom 4 pro but theirs lots of problems with them as well, but I'm sure they are on the case.

2017-9-29
Use props
LanceR9
New
Romania

CyberSoft Posted at 2017-9-28 07:06

I have same issue of limited flight distance after latest FW upgrade. The strange thing is the limit is only applied to one battery.  I tried turning beginner mode on then off with no help.  Checked upgrade on both batteries, all good.  I have P3P.  Any thoughts?
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-9-29 11:10
I've got the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and with the latest firmware, I've have just bought two batteries which all three batteries are uploaded and in sync with the Phantom 3.

I'll not be out for a couple of days so could I do the pinch the map thing  like RedHotPoker said without going out for a fly?

Yes, you can follow the advice about cache map.
For Android, you can download offline map.
For IOS, you can choose the map and zoom in or out and find the place you plan to fly. And the map will keep in your next flight if you don't clear the cache file.  
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

LanceR9 Posted at 2017-10-1 00:38
I have same issue of limited flight distance after latest FW upgrade. The strange thing is the limit is only applied to one battery.  I tried turning beginner mode on then off with no help.  Checked upgrade on both batteries, all good.  I have P3P.  Any thoughts?

Lance, did you try the methods in 16# and reboot your AC and APP?  What is the error message? If the problem still exist, keep us updated. Thanks.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules