P2V+ Camera Iris
1628 3 2015-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ffoulem
lvl.1

Canada

I notice the iris adjusts automatically to the scenery being shot.  When you pan the iris will open or close automatically, but not smoothly.  You notice the "step" increases or decreases in the camera aperture.  Can this automatic adjustment be neutralized?  Or made more smooth, so the transition will not be noticeable?
2015-4-5
Use props
rod and the che
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi, it is not the iris- this is a fixed aperture lens at f2.8.  What you are seeing is auto exposure control being adjusted via the shutter speed and the ASA.  You can minimise this by keeping your metering setting wide rather than spot, and fixing your ASA to manual - I always use 100 ASA.

Also keep the ratio of sky and ground horizon as constant as you can. This will reduce the work the camera has to do to compensate.  Unfortunately this is an auto only camera and what I have recommended is based on my trials to get the best out of it.  Hope this helps.
2015-4-5
Use props
rod and the che
Second Officer

New Zealand

rod and the che Posted at 2015-4-6 13:46
Hi, it is not the iris- this is a fixed aperture lens at f2.8.  What you are seeing is auto exposure ...

Hi again,
I forgot to mention: use standard sharpness. The soft setting and sharp setting are your worst nightmare, so keep away from them.
Rod and the Cheshire cat
2015-4-6
Use props
ffoulem
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Rod!
I do keep the ASA at 100 as well.  I had the metering on 'spot' and I am using standard sharpness.  The real challenge for me will the sky to ground ratio as I like to tilt the camera as I change altitude at the same time.  Does anyone know if the P3 camera is also automatic in this regard?
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules