123Next >
10046 85 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2361926 ft
United States

So let me start by saying: screw you DJI.

Over 3 weeks ago I ordered a Mavic Pro Platinum, DJI Goggles, and a Landing Pad. I selected the option for items to be shipped separately and spent well over $1600. The website advised me that Mavic Pro Platinum will be shipping on September 25th.

I patiently waited for all of my items to be shipped, but they have not. So I figured okay, fine, they’ll ship with the Mavic Pro Platinum on September 25th. So I waited longer for that to happen, only to learn that DJI were well aware of us not getting any of our orders in time but didn’t feel like telling us about the delay until THE DAY OF.

So every time I contact DJI Support, I always get someone who types in broken English and is usually more worthless than the previous customer service representative I’ve chatted with. This time my chat experience is exactly as expected, long, painful, time wasting, unproductive. The representative told me that they didn’t ship my items because they were waiting for the Mavic Pro Platinum release, although I specified to ship separately (so I can at least fly my P4 with DJI Goggles). He then proceeds to tell me that the orders are delayed until late October. How is it that no one at DJI has figured out that the orders are delayed BY AN EXTRA MONTH, until the day of release? That’s absurd.

I don’t even know if I should be upset, disappointed, or disgusted. DJI has screwed up every single launch within the last 3 years. Phantom 4, DJI Mavic Pro, and now DJI Mavic Pro Platinum.

The reason I don’t currently have a Mavic is because this is exactly the same game they played last year and my patience ran out. DJI does NOT care about their customers.

I just don’t understand how such big company that makes such quality product could be so careless and incompetent when it comes to providing customer service. Disgusting.

I’m letting this play out until Friday and then cancelling my entire order since clearly it’s too hard to meet your own deadlines and too hard to ship items that ARE IN STOCK AND HAVE BEEN PAID FOR OVER 3 WEEKS.

It’s very unfortunate that there is not another company that makes as good of a product as DJI does. The customer service in this company is beyond worthless and I can’t get myself to support this kind of incompetence by continuing to purchase their products, no matter how much I like it.

Once again, thanks for nothing DJI.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

this happens for the first time at DJI
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sincerely sorry for the delay, since Mavic Pro Platinum's unveiling, we've had amazingly high global demand. However, because of this, the shipping date of your order will be delayed that we will ship out your order around the mid-to-late of October, we are now working very hard to get it sorted out, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused. BTW, I've sent you a PM, could you please check it?
2017-9-26
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

I whole heartedly don’t care about how high the demand was. I really don’t. It is not MY problem, and should not be. DJI has NO issues charging me over $1600 for the order. It is THEIR responsibility to make sure I get the product I paid for.

If they are unable to fulfill the quantity of orders, they should’ve never allowed for that many orders to be placed, or provided with more occurate information on the delivery date.
2017-9-26
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear fansb41869e0,

You are completely right to be bored.
But, don’t give up of a such incredible drone due to mistakes that aren’t exclusive of DJI.
Expect you can solve this issue, with “less damage”!
Cheers.
2017-9-26
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

I don’t like being screwed with. They did this with the original Mavic release and I was glad to back out considering some people ended up having to wait until March to get theirs.

DJI pretty much scams us by using our money APR free to fund the development of their projects for as long as they want, and we sit around waiting like a bunch of idiots.
2017-9-26
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Bought my Mavic over a year ago, had shipping issues, ended up canceling order and buying from a camera shop. Have not checked the forum for a few months, some things never change. Sad.
2017-9-26
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb41869e0 Posted at 2017-9-26 03:46
I don’t like being screwed with. They did this with the original Mavic release and I was glad to back out considering some people ended up having to wait until March to get theirs.

DJI pretty much scams us by using our money APR free to fund the development of their projects for as long as they want, and we sit around waiting like a bunch of idiots.

I assume you asked for a refund when they didn't ship it on time - what did they say?
2017-9-26
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah that's not cool at all.

OP: paid in full and was given a ship date then reverse their decision a day before? Not good.

They should've not even charged him if not in stock.

At the very least, they should indicate on the site, the true date of in-stock release.

Just my opinion.
2017-9-26
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Somebody's cranky.
2017-9-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, got an email yesterday saying I'm not getting it on time and sorry etc etc. oh well, I'll fly the spark for now since I sold my MP to pre order the MPP.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_EdhfsYL
New

United States

Im in the same boat and OP, I bought my Mavic pro platinum combo bundle at the beginning of the month. I was told it would be shipped Sept 25th, if its going to take DJI another month to ship the product I payed for and not even let me know ahead of time of such an extensive delay then I may decide to cancel as well.

Thank you OP for enlightening me further on the matter. This is my first experience with DJI and I am taking notes.
2017-9-26
Use props
PSDTrainer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32904 ft
United States

Eeeesh, that sucks. I bought my Mavic in June of this year (17), it had been out for a while, and didn't like all the "add-ons" i was seeing with other companies/websites selling the Mavic. I had done a fair amount of research, but the "ups and extras" were things I had no interest in, and decided to go direct to Dji to purchase. I walked through the process, engaged one of the reps with the "chat" option, explaining what i needed, and ordered the MP Pro "Fly More" combo, adding a few extra items as well. The order was placed on a Tuesday, around 1 PM, and my items started arriving by registered mail within 4 days, (I'm in close proximity, 10 miles, to one of their major distribution points). Some items were shipped separately (landing pad, shoulder bag, etc) but within 6 days, my Mavic arrived and I was going through it. I hope this works out for you, and if you're genuinely done, I'd think a refund would be expected. While I certainly don't speak for customer service, I'd assume they'd willingly refund you once you asked, (at least I'd hope). Good luck and hang in there.
2017-9-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not the delay that would bother me so much as the tactic of letting one know the day before.  That's just shady.
2017-9-26
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI have a history of delays before a new product is shipped. Taking full payment for significantly delayed delivery is unethical knowing demand will outstrip supply. DJI should charge the payment method when the product ships to be fair to it's customers.
2017-9-26
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t really understand the reason behind the delay. Their excuse, as far as I can see, is that there’s an amazingly high demand? How does high demand translate to shipping delay for everyone? In Apple world, high demand means people will get their products in order, starting on the said launch date. They don’t push the launch date a month out! That is what DJI is doing here.
2017-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji have screwed Mavic Pro yes, but you don’t need to add P4 into the mix, your argument is strong enough without having beef it up with something that’s not true.
2017-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb41869e0 Posted at 2017-9-26 03:46

Dji don’t use your money they put a hold on your CC if that’s how you paid for it. There is a big refund button right beside your order.
2017-9-26
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I was poking around the internet trying to dig up the Visa and Mastercard merchant agreements because I thought it was against their terms to bill an order before the merchandise ships.  That does not appear to be the case.  However...

USA residents may be interested in the FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule:

16 CFR Part 435
Rule Summary:

The Rule, issued in 1975, requires sellers who solicit buyers to order merchandise through the mail, via the Internet, or by phone to have a reasonable basis to expect that the sellers can ship within the advertised time frame, or, if no time frame is specified, within 30 days. The Rule also requires that, when a seller cannot ship within the promised time, the seller must obtain the buyer’s consent to a delay in shipping or refund payment for the unshipped merchandise.

Link to FTC.gov site which has a link to the full text of the rule.

Did DJI offer all of you guys the opportunity to receive a refund?  
2017-9-26
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-26 09:17
Dji don’t use your money they put a hold on your CC if that’s how you paid for it. There is a big refund button right beside your order.

DJI DOES use your money, because the payment cleared the next day. They weren't late on that, trust me. They collected everyone's money to then not provide them the product on time. And they didn't notify us the day before.... they notified us ON THE LAUNCH DAY. Like SURPRISE HAR HAR HAR NO MAVICS FOR YOU FOR ANOTHER MONTH. Disgrace.

At this rate... what says they won't do this again next month? At the end of October just tell us "HAYY DEMAND IS STILL HIGH, YOU GET NOTHING UNTIL MID-LATE NOVEMBER LOL"

The most unfortunate part is, there is not another company who makes better drones. DJI monopolized the drone market and know they can get away with providing complete crap service.
2017-9-26
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

As far as I can tell, there is no reason to order it from DJI directly. I'd rather wait for it to become available on Amazon then tie up $1200 of my own cash waiting for DJI to deliver.  
2017-9-26
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

fansb41869e0 Posted at 2017-9-26 12:29
DJI DOES use your money, because the payment cleared the next day. They weren't late on that, trust me. They collected everyone's money to then not provide them the product on time. And they didn't notify us the day before.... they notified us ON THE LAUNCH DAY. Like SURPRISE HAR HAR HAR NO MAVICS FOR YOU FOR ANOTHER MONTH. Disgrace.

At this rate... what says they won't do this again next month? At the end of October just tell us "HAYY DEMAND IS STILL HIGH, YOU GET NOTHING UNTIL MID-LATE NOVEMBER LOL"

While I agree that delays can be frustrating it is not true that DJI is using everyone's money.   My money has not be removed from my account, there was a check on my account to see if I had the funds but nothing has been charged.   

They have also given me a 50% discount on a battery, which doesn't quite make up for the delay but does tell me that they care about their customers.   Your outrage seems a little outsized for the actual harm to you.   Perhaps I am being naïve (this is my first experience with DJI) but it is not entirely uncommon for companies to have delays on new products.  Also, as mentioned there is a big "refund" button on the order screen - at least on mine.
2017-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb41869e0 Posted at 2017-9-26 12:29

If you have the strength of your convictions cancel your order, as they say put up or shut up, it’s a very simple push the blue button.
I notice no mention of what you said about P4 , so this tells me your just here to rant. It seems strange that only last year we had the same big mouths on here saying if only dji would just give us a timeframe then we wouldn’t complain, I knew then as I know now there will always be hysterical ranters it doesn’t matter what you tell them there here to moan bitch and rant. Go get a life....
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_SE3YPlm
New

United States

If you read the entire thread, I already said I will be canceling the order on Friday if they do not make this right. And I personally don't care about 50% coupon that expires in DECEMBER off a battery that is OUT OF STOCK for an item that I WON'T get until who knows when.
dji.PNG
dji2.PNG
2017-9-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

"The most unfortunate part is, there is not another company who makes better drones. DJI monopolized the drone market and know they can get away with providing complete crap service."

Oh yes there is, maybe not better but equal, do some research, if you are looking for a semi-autonomous drone with the same camera features. If you are looking for the "GO Anywhere" drone the market tightens a little but they are out there.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_L0GpTms
lvl.1
Romania

Sorry, for you guys but  is well known that from end of Sep to Mid of Oct  China buss is all shut down. On Oct.01 is China  National day  and everything is closed for 1 week. Then it takes at least one more week for companies to  resume at full speed again. Not to forget that from Oct 10 there are 2 x Electronics Fairs in HK and many chinese companies are focused  on there ...i think DJI too. So you must be patient.
A always avoid orders from Asia  in Oct and  near Chinese New Year (End of Jan  and Feb)
2017-9-26
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

“Due to extremely high demand, no one is getting their drone on time”

Lol what a joke
2017-9-26
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

If that Chinese information is true, and it’s a well known fact. Then why in the world would they set release/ship date to September 25th? Sounds rather ignorant to me.
2017-9-26
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

Think about it, 1000 preorders = $1,000,000

They’re sitting on ATLEAST 1 million of our dollars. With 0% interest. That’s a pretty good deal/loan.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_VmDkGJu
New
United States

Decided to cancel my order and i got same day a regular magic at best buy. Last night i also ordered via DJI the silenced propellers so i guess no platinum for me.
2017-9-27
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

Smart move. This ordering experience has made me realize that I don’t even want one anymore.

I love the product and everyone who gets a working on is lucky. I’m afraid to even think of what crap I’ll have to deal with if I get a defective product. Not worth the hassle.
2017-9-27
Use props
djiuser_xy9sHJb
lvl.1

United States

I agree, this is a little ridiculous! I get 50% off for a battery that a) I can't use without a drone b) Isn't even in stock.
2017-9-28
Use props
fluffy_cloud
New

Japan

djiuser_L0GpTms Posted at 2017-9-26 13:47
Sorry, for you guys but  is well known that from end of Sep to Mid of Oct  China buss is all shut down. On Oct.01 is China  National day  and everything is closed for 1 week. Then it takes at least one more week for companies to  resume at full speed again. Not to forget that from Oct 10 there are 2 x Electronics Fairs in HK and many chinese companies are focused  on there ...i think DJI too. So you must be patient.
A always avoid orders from Asia  in Oct and  near Chinese New Year (End of Jan  and Feb)

that is not true that they could still offered tripple pay for both delivering and production.
2017-9-28
Use props
fluffy_cloud
New

Japan

Hey mate, I shared your concerns as i've been playing with the customer service with DJI for the last 5 days. but unfortunately, like a lot of comments you could google on earth, making me feels even worse is that the customer service don't give a damn to what you say and what is your demand by their failure. my bottom line is that i could at least get the S/N to apply for the flight permit coming November, however, they even can't do so nor promise a exact date by a written format. They are basically a bunch of ignorance and keep repeating their script to annoy you to the point you drop the line. they are lucky that on the market, there isn't any competitor as yet so they could be this arrogant to their customer, but guess what, you'll either refund or just wait, that's what i've got from the last 14 phone calls with their fooking customer service.
2017-9-28
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

The customer service is beyond awful, broken English with scripted copy/paste sentences and 0 cares. That’s why I don’t believe it’s worth holding on to the order. With such uncertanty, I can foresee more shenanigans once mid-late October comes.
2017-9-29
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

Cancelled my order. Screw DJI. Not even upset about it to be honest, just going to continue flying my P4 and use the $1600 I spent on Goggles and MPP on something else once the refund goes through. I’m not cool with them borrowing my money for an extra month and not shipping me the product on time.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb41869e0 Posted at 2017-9-29 02:33
The customer service is beyond awful, broken English with scripted copy/paste sentences and 0 cares. That’s why I don’t believe it’s worth holding on to the order. With such uncertanty, I can foresee more shenanigans once mid-late October comes.

You have our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused, we understand your frustration, but we cannot ship out the drone at moment, but will try our best to speed up the process.
We do care about our customers and will feedback your dissatisfaction to our management to do more training to improve our supports' ability and make your experience with us better in the future.
So sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2017-9-30
Use props
63N3S1S
lvl.1
Canada

So weird I could not post my opinion here stated by Forum I post Bad thing lol
2017-10-1
Use props
63N3S1S
lvl.1
Canada

63N3S1S Posted at 2017-10-1 07:29
So weird I could not post my opinion here stated by Forum I post Bad thing lol

I was Pre order also with my local DJI Authorized dealer since Sept 10, 2017 and they told me that DJI will send by end of September 2017 and I will be traveling to Asia on Oct 22 for 2 weeks and hope could bring this Mavic Pro Platinum with me.
I will be mad if they said will be by the end of October.
2017-10-1
Use props
fansb41869e0
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-30 01:02
You have our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused, we understand your frustration, but we cannot ship out the drone at moment, but will try our best to speed up the process.
We do care about our customers and will feedback your dissatisfaction to our management to do more training to improve our supports' ability and make your experience with us better in the future.
So sorry for the unpleasant experience.

How is it that they employ people who can actually type in English to administrate/moderate their forums but cannot employ English typing employees for their Live Chat Support?

I cancelled my order. No offense but you can save your lies and politically correct replies. I know how the system works. DJI's only care is $$$. There are far too many reviews about awful customer support and I've personally had many of the same experiences. I've been an Apple customer since 2007 and have NEVER had any experiences nearly as bad as I have with DJI. You know why? Because they DO value their customers and DO spend money to continue improving the customer base.

The day GoPRO, Yuneec, etc step up their game and make decent drones is the day DJI will lose half of their customers due to the complete crap customer service experiences.

The only time you win with DJI is when you receive a fully functioning product that doesn't require you to contact the company for any reason.
2017-10-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules