Flight log
3017 13 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3661 ft
Japan

Can a Phantom 3 provide flight logs? If so how do I retireve the logs?

2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hawk2, first, you need to connect your P3 with computer using the included USB cable.
Then, turn on the Remote Controller and the aircraft, open the DJI GO app.
Next, Click “Mode” icon to view the “Advanced Settings”. Click “MC Enter Read Flight Data Mode”.
Any question, please inform us.
2017-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can review your flight records in the app.
On the front page of the app, click on the arrow/compass icon in the lower right to get to the flight record page.
Click on any individual record to see and replay.

You can get very detailed info for any flight from the .txt file that is saved in the app for each flight.
To do this, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record.
2017-9-26
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-26 03:01
Hawk2, first, you need to connect your P3 with computer using the included USB cable.
Next, Click “Mode” icon to view the “Advanced Settings”. Click “MC Enter Read Flight Data Mode”.

I am using a Mac. do I need any software installed on my Mac? I can view the flight logs on the DJIGO app but would like to view it on my Mac.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hawk2 Posted at 2017-10-4 23:33
I am using a Mac. do I need any software installed on my Mac? I can view the flight logs on the DJIGO app but would like to view it on my Mac.

Hawk2, usually, after those steps, your computer will show up a DJI FLIGHT LOG file. If not, please try to reconnect the USB cable or change a computer.  
2017-10-11
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
Japan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-26 03:01

With my Mac running Yosemite directly plugged into the front usb port I can not see any files after putting in flight data mode.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hawk2 Posted at 2017-10-14 21:56
With my Mac running Yosemite directly plugged into the front usb port I can not see any files after putting in flight data mode.

Did your computer identify your drone? Please change a PC for check.
2017-10-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If the copter is connected with any computer and the "flight data mode" is selected then the SD card of the copters main board should be shown as a disk drive on the explorers window with device name and you can read the file to your computer.  That SD card is not the camera SD card.
2017-10-15
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-10-15 11:29
If the copter is connected with any computer and the "flight data mode" is selected then the SD card of the copters main board should be shown as a disk drive on the explorers window with device name and you can read the file to your computer.  That SD card is not the camera SD card.

Is the internal flight data file the same or give the same info as the .txt file in the app?
thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

There are more details stored,but the frame is the same.
2017-10-15
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
Japan

Peterx Posted at 2017-10-15 22:28
There are more details stored,but the frame is the same.

I was able to get access to the flyxxx.dat file from the Phantom 3 using a PC. However I cannot decode the data. Is there a specific application?
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hawk2 Posted at 2017-10-17 00:17
I was able to get access to the flyxxx.dat file from the Phantom 3 using a PC. However I cannot decode the data. Is there a specific application?

Why do you want to decode the data? Is there anything wrong with the drone? Send the data to DJI Support, they'll submit a data analysis for you if the drone is still in warranty period.
2017-10-17
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-17 00:56
Why do you want to decode the data? Is there anything wrong with the drone? Send the data to DJI Support, they'll submit a data analysis for you if the drone is still in warranty period.

There is nothing wrong with the drone. I just wanted to reconstruct a flight from the data on my Mac the same way it can be done through the DJI GO app on my android phone.
2017-10-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hawk2 Posted at 2017-10-19 21:11
There is nothing wrong with the drone. I just wanted to reconstruct a flight from the data on my Mac the same way it can be done through the DJI GO app on my android phone.

I can fully follow you, actually i thought that DJI Assistant was able to do such thing so that i didn't need to fiddle with the RC etc.

Not sure how to do it on Mac, but take a look on this site.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules