1492 9 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

[size=14.6667px]I got my Crystalsky 7.85 today and i cant get maps on it. Ive read all the solutions posted previously but nothing working. all i have is  a home point on a white screen
[size=14.6667px]
  • it is latest version
  • i have reset it and rebooted (3 times now)
  • It is definitely connected to wifi as i can use the browser and sync my flight logs etc
  • i have tried both home wifi and hotspotting my phonb
  • disabled mainland china settings
  • set correct timezone
  • tried to download offline maps via go4 using the 3 bars at top rh corner,  but this tells me network unavailable
  • checked the drone by connecting ipad and my android phone, both clearly show maps
Im at a loss and quite annoyed (just dropped a grand on this thing)
any help would be very much appreciated

2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing, please try to reset CrystaSky to factory default in System Settings.
2017-9-26
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I had to try several times to get them, got the same error, but finally got through.
2017-9-26
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After resetting to factory defaults, be sure to NOT connect to WiFi firsthand!
- Manually set Date/Time and your Timezone first
- Disable China Mainland maps
- Then connect to your WiFi network.
- Download within GO4 your offline maps for your region.

Do not deviate in the sequence from above steps.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
K.
2017-9-26
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Keule Posted at 2017-9-26 11:24
After resetting to factory defaults, be sure to NOT connect to WiFi firsthand!
- Manually set Date/Time and your Timezone first
- Disable China Mainland maps

could not do it in that order, as when i reset, then manually set time i try to go into GO4 app to change China mainland setting but you have to log in first which means turning on wifi

2017-9-26
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

after numerous attempts of resetting and reloading i now seem to have sateliite maps. It still shows a white blank for the normal map (street directory style) but i can live with this.
seems to be such an annoying thing for such an expensive bit of tech
2017-9-26
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

does anyone know where the maps are actually stored withing the GO4 app files. I am wondering if i can just manually transfer them there from another android?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AnzacJack Posted at 2017-9-26 16:28
does anyone know where the maps are actually stored withing the GO4 app files. I am wondering if i can just manually transfer them there from another android?

The map cannot be transferred, but for Android device, there is offline maps can be downloaded.
Please click three horizontal lines on the upper right corner of the APP interface to find it.
2017-9-28
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 00:29
The map cannot be transferred, but for Android device, there is offline maps can be downloaded.
Please click three horizontal lines on the upper right corner of the APP interface to find it.

I have clicked the 3 horizontal bars and it tells me it cannot find network (I did say that in my original post)
2017-9-28
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

This is what I did to get the maps to show up. If you are in the USA, do a factory reset on the C.S. then reboot it. Once you power it up, your map should pop up. It took me a day or so of fooling around with it to figure that out.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules