DJI GO4 v4.1.10 First flight DRAMA!
1676 18 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

So i've been moaning for weeks about my constant video latency problem  and "WEAK IMAGE TRANSMISSION" error message whenever i get around 60M  away from home point, and was quite excited and happy to see that in the  most recent DJI GO4 app update release notes that Video transmission /  latency was addressed!! Happy days I thought.......

Had my first  test flight last night and it was a sweat inducing panic fest of  emotion!!! I still had the exact same error message as normal but  thought i'd push it a bit. Furthest i'd been pre update in a straight  line was around 360M. So the weak video transmission message was on my  screen permanently from 50M onwards..... At around 380 - 395M mark i had  the usual "NO SIGNAL" and black and white screen. No worries i thought  i'll just back up as i normally have to to regain video feed.

This  wasn't quite the same as the norm however...... I was holding the right  stick back and probably 60 seconds had passed still no video, all of a  sudden i started to get weird flashes of video and the Spark was facing a  different direction and the gimble was wildly wobbling up and down. I  feared the worst and had mashed the RTH button about 4 times before it  actually confirmed it was returning. You can hear how much i was  cr*pping myself in the audio log.

Aside from this heart rate  inducer the happy ending is that it did return home albeit in a wild  glitchy fashion!!!! It was worrying allround and i'm now probably more  reluctant to take flight through fears of more sporadic behaviour. Think  i'll sit tight for the soon to be released firmware update!!!   
2017-9-26
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Something bad happened with DJI Go 4 Android from version 4.1.8 onward affecting the usability on a bunch on mobile devices. The coders at DJI know what changes they made, nobody else will know is my guess.
2017-9-26
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

Meant to say.... This is with a Samsung Galaxy S8 - Probably the most up to date android phone available but its not made by Apple!
2017-9-26
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

jyc Posted at 2017-9-26 06:51
Something bad happened with DJI Go 4 Android from version 4.1.8 onward affecting the usability on a bunch on mobile devices. The coders at DJI know what changes they made, nobody else will know is my guess.

Yeah i fear that you're on the money there!!!

Maybe one day i'll fly without fear
2017-9-26
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2017-9-26 06:58
Meant to say.... This is with a Samsung Galaxy S8 - Probably the most up to date android phone available but its not made by Apple!

It doesn't make one bit of difference, it's the luck of the draw.
2017-9-26
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

haha yes sadly so!! Wish so many companies didnt treat android like an unwanted puppy!
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_TBfp1Gr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629708 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I also have problems with 4.1.10. I have post it on this forum;
https://forum.dji.com/thread-114389-1-1.html?
Do you have the same problem as me?
2017-9-26
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

It's not just you. I tried 4.1.10 android last weekend for three flights and quickly uninstalled it. It was terrible. I'm going to my local Best Buy tomorrow morning to pick up a Samsung Tab A that's on sale. It has worked for some people, and I'm going to use it only for flying, not going to load any other apps and see what happens.

For now I'm having success flying with the current firmware, rc and the Litchi app. I;m aware they don't want us using a third party app but it's the only way I can get the spark in the air and enjoy it. The hardware is fine, the software is way beyond bad.I'll have to have the Go 4 app in order to do the updates, but I'm finding it unusable for flight. I'm staying away from OTG cables for now.

I really want this to work, because I'm thinking about a Phantom 3SE to give myself move video options, not to replace the spark. But they have to do something, perhaps a lite version of the Go 4, to get it to work on more devices.
2017-9-26
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

dji dev destroys completely the app .The dev team must be fired immediately,I had to ground spark due to image transmission weak signal... Its dangerous
2017-9-26
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

djiuser_TBfp1Gr Posted at 2017-9-26 08:51
I also have problems with 4.1.10. I have post it on this forum;
https://forum.dji.com/thread-114389-1-1.html?
Do you have the same problem as me?

Yes yes i do!!!
2017-9-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-26 10:28
dji dev destroys completely the app .The dev team must be fired immediately,I had to ground spark due to image transmission weak signal... Its dangerous

I will give up flying until this is resolved............i feel i could be waiting sometime¬!! I was planning on going out this Friday for the day to film but i think i'll just go to the pub instead and sob into a pint of ale!!!!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you disabled the Bluetooth on your phone? Do you have the same issue when you fly the drone in different open areas?  If yes, please export the black box data for analysis, thank you in advance! BTW, the firmware of the drone and the RC both are up to date, right?
2017-9-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 01:11
Have you disabled the Bluetooth on your phone? Do you have the same issue when you fly the drone in different open areas?  If yes, please export the black box data for analysis, thank you in advance! BTW, the firmware of the drone and the RC both are up to date, right?

I never ever have blue tooth enabled i also own no bluetooth devices that are with me when i fly and i tried flights in two previously completely full service gps and wifi signal areas which under the new update are no longer green on wifi they have now become red. These are rural locations with no interferance, no residential and no power lines in close proximity. Yes as the most recent firmware update to the drone and rc where at the end of August, i would not be able to fly if i had not updated as far as my understanding goes. I can upload blackbox data (but don't know how to), i even have video footage of this particular incident but it contains mild panic and swearing!!!!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2017-9-27 02:58
I never ever have blue tooth enabled i also own no bluetooth devices that are with me when i fly and i tried flights in two previously completely full service gps and wifi signal areas which under the new update are no longer green on wifi they have now become red. These are rural locations with no interferance, no residential and no power lines in close proximity. Yes as the most recent firmware update to the drone and rc where at the end of August, i would not be able to fly if i had not updated as far as my understanding goes. I can upload blackbox data (but don't know how to), i even have video footage of this particular incident but it contains mild panic and swearing!!!!

Here is a video for your reference, export the black box data first, then upload it the Dropbox, provide me with a link to download it, thanks.  
2017-9-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 03:20
Here is a video for your reference, export the black box data first, then upload it the Dropbox, provide me with a link to download it, thanks.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&index=11&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i

Thank you, i will bring my into work tomorrow and get this data. I often see people reluctant to upload this data as as user could look through it. Shall i send it to you direct or is this just an unnecessary paranoia?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2017-9-27 03:34
Thank you, i will bring my into work tomorrow and get this data. I often see people reluctant to upload this data as as user could look through it. Shall i send it to you direct or is this just an unnecessary paranoia?

You can PM me the Dropbox link directly.
2017-9-27
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I still cannot understand why you guys go for 4.1.10? The new Spark firmware has not been released yet. I believe this release is for Mavic and Mavic connect its rc to mobile via usb.
2017-9-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-9-27 04:49
I still cannot understand why you guys go for 4.1.10? The new Spark firmware has not been released yet. I believe this release is for Mavic and Mavic connect its rc to mobile via usb.

I mean why would us guys not? I own the spark, i have video latency issues. In the app release notes these issues are addressed. So i happily got downloading. AND THEN realised its a massive pile of steaming turd..... Thanks for your time.
2017-9-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 03:41
You can PM me the Dropbox link directly.

Ok thanks. Will do
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules